Romney says Carter weak: Romney fires gay advisor after pressure

Actually, not so much.

Mitt Romney

There was no hanging out to dry.

Full statement from Grenell above.

But here's the pertinent part to refute the bullshit that's floating around.

" I want to thank Governor Romney for his belief in me and my abilities and his clear message to me that being openly gay was a non-issue for him and his team."

You forgot this part:

But Romney didn't issue a statement that he wasn't caving in to right wing bigots and didn't swear to back me up and refuse to take my resignation because he knows he is beholden to confederate extremists who will never support a gay man no matter how good he is at his job.

Hope that helped. You know, Romney could have stood behind this man but he didn't. Or maybe I should say Romney could have "stood up" for this man. Yea, that sounds better.

what should he stand up for him for? why is this man special? The guy wanted to leave. it was his decision...or you all just found yourself another poor victim.

Actually, not so much.

Mitt Romney

" I want to thank Governor Romney for his belief in me and my abilities and his clear message to me that being openly gay was a non-issue for him and his team."

You forgot this part:

But Romney didn't issue a statement that he wasn't caving in to right wing bigots and didn't swear to back me up and refuse to take my resignation because he knows he is beholden to confederate extremists who will never support a gay man no matter how good he is at his job.

Hope that helped. You know, Romney could have stood behind this man but he didn't. Or maybe I should say Romney could have "stood up" for this man. Yea, that sounds better.

And you could give all five pints of blood in the name of humanity and then die.

But, you haven't....you selfish BASTARD.

Thanks for admitting that the so called facts that are on your side are nothing more than a fabrication made from what isn't happening.

Good to know that someone calls something facts which, in truth, are nothing but conjecture.

RDEAN......Dean...how appropriate.....Dean of BS.

You forgot this part:

You are projecting. And projecting falsehoods.

"We wanted him to stay because he had superior qualifications for the position he was hired to fill," Romney's campaign manager Matt Rhoades said in a statement.

Let me finish that statement:

But we couldn't because Romney was too weak to stand up against the radical elements, who think gays are vile and deserve no rights, of the Republican Right wing, which is turns out, is most of the Party.

Did that help?

You forgot this part:

You are projecting. And projecting falsehoods.

"We wanted him to stay because he had superior qualifications for the position he was hired to fill," Romney's campaign manager Matt Rhoades said in a statement.

Let me finish that statement:

But we couldn't because Romney was too weak to stand up against the radical elements, who think gays are vile and deserve no rights, of the Republican Right wing, which is turns out, is most of the Party.

Did that help?

You are one sick puppy and will use anything or anyone to attack people who are Republicans..You and most like you is probably the reason the guy left, he was tired of being USED for one thing, and that was being, gay

Last edited:
Do you have a factual link that proves he was fired as opposed to quitting?

Or are you just being dis-honorable again?

Distinction without a difference.

Making someone's work conditions so intolerable that they have to quit is just the same as firing them.

He was told he could not do the job he was hired to do because teh funditards wouldn't let him do it. So he quit after being forced to be silent on a conference call between reporters and foreign policy advisors.

Making someone's work conditions so intolerable that they have to quit is just the same as firing them.

He was told he could not do the job he was hired to do because teh funditards wouldn't let him do it. So he quit after being forced to be silent on a conference call between reporters and foreign policy advisors.

I always took you to be a little more sensible than this..
now you just sound like all the other people who fall for crap

Not at all. The thing is, the guy said at his interview, "Hey, I'm gay. Will that be a problem?" and Fenderholm said "Not with us." So he took the job with the assumption that his sexual orientation would not be held against him.

Then he's told, "Hey, we need to keep you under raps for a few weeks because Bryan Fischer and other Funditards are griping about you!"

He quit in righteous protest and rightfully should have. If there is anything that is solid evidence of why Romney should never be president, this is one of them. If he can't stand up to Bryan Fischer, then, jesus, what's he going to do with Ahmidihijad or Putin?

Not at all. The thing is, the guy said at his interview, "Hey, I'm gay. Will that be a problem?" and Fenderholm said "Not with us." So he took the job with the assumption that his sexual orientation would not be held against him.

Then he's told, "Hey, we need to keep you under raps for a few weeks because Bryan Fischer and other Funditards are griping about you!"

He quit in righteous protest and rightfully should have. If there is anything that is solid evidence of why Romney should never be president, this is one of them. If he can't stand up to Bryan Fischer, then, jesus, what's he going to do with Ahmidihijad or Putin?

as yes, because he's gay he has a "righteous protest"..Tell me something, I've asked this before... why in all the articles that were written about him did we need to KNOW about him being gay? what did that have anything to do with his qualifications of the job he was hired to do..Did it make more qualified or something?

this whole deal is stupid..but it's something you all can accuse people of being homophobic so you will

Romney's little Jimmy Carter crack was over the top and bullshit to boot. President Carter not only served his country in uniform, he made a tough decision regarding the hostages that didn't turn out well...unlike President Obama's tough decision to go in and attempt to capture bin Laden.

as yes, because he's gay he has a "righteous protest"..Tell me something, I've asked this before... why in all the articles that were written about him did we need to KNOW about him being gay? what did that have anything to do with his qualifications of the job he was hired to do..Did it make more qualified or something?

this whole deal is stupid..but it's something you all can accuse people of being homophobic so you will

Why not mention that he's gay in those articles? The problem wasn't that he was gay, that had no bearing on his expertise in foreign affairs, as he worked for Bush and Bolton in the past, at the UN.

It was that he had come out in favor of gay marriage, and the Bryan Fischers of the world went nuts about that.

The point wasn't that he was gay. The point was that the homophobes insisted he be fired DESPITE his obvious qualifications. And Romney couldn't tell them to pound sand because, hey, it's not like they really trust him.

Why not mention that he's gay in those articles? The problem wasn't that he was gay, that had no bearing on his expertise in foreign affairs, as he worked for Bush and Bolton in the past, at the UN.

It was that he had come out in favor of gay marriage, and the Bryan Fischers of the world went nuts about that.

The point wasn't that he was gay. The point was that the homophobes insisted he be fired DESPITE his obvious qualifications. And Romney couldn't tell them to pound sand because, hey, it's not like they really trust him.

why do we need to know what sexual partner he prefers? Do you ever see a article written, so and so a openly heterosexual...?

whatever, you all will use it to attack people..so carry on

Joe is a bigoted hater. He will go along with ANYTHING if it makes Romney look bad.

It is nice to see rderp the dickless was yet again proven to be a lying piece of spinless shit.

Joe is a bigoted hater. He will go along with ANYTHING if it makes Romney look bad.

It is nice to see rderp the dickless was yet again proven to be a lying piece of spinless shit.

I find Rdean to be a disgusting human being with his brand of hate..but it's his pathetic life

Romney hate the gays. Heard he hates black people and po people too...Man, same ole propaganda. Nothing ever changes in Politics.

Grenell was told to sit in on conference calls with reporters and not say anything, which is tantamount to firing him. He was told to be silent not merely on gay issues. He was told not to talk about anything, even foreign policy. A spokesman who is not allowed to speak — even internally — doesn't have much of a job. So Grenell quit, three weeks after he was hired.
Michael Kinsley: Romney's silencing of gay spokesman is telling - latimes.com

Forum List

Back