Romney Says Borrow Money from Your Parents to College Students

High school is for MINORS.... you are talking ADULT education.. you as an adult are the only one responsible for your wants and needs...

Times. Change.

14 year olds used to be considered adults.

I'm simply saying, I think in the next 30 years, college will be considered a need, and we will be taking steps to make it free.

If you think it's a need then you ante up and pay for it... Quit asking others to finance your life for you.

AmyNation wants a new entitlement.

Imagine that.

College becomes a need as soon as a person rejects having a skill. Skills take work, college takes having an ass to apply to a seat.

Times. Change.

I'm simply saying, I think in the next 30 years, college will be considered a need, and we will be taking steps to make it free.

If you think it's a need then you ante up and pay for it... Quit asking others to finance your life for you.

AmyNation wants a new entitlement.

Imagine that.

You're very good at being purposefully obtuse, you get a gold star for your effort.

Well you already cant drink or gamble until you're 21. *shrug* its the natural progress of our society when we are constantly extending our lives.

Used to be, you were married by 14 and dead by 35, now we are living well into our 90's. Used to be, you didn't need any sort of education to get a decent job, then it was a high school diploma and now it's quickly becoming a college education.

I don't think it's something to get angry about though.

I think any time that people think something is owed for personal wants and needs of adults for free (I.E. at the expense of someone else) IS something to get angry about

Who said anything about adults? I think we are absolutely headed to pushing the legal age to 21. Like I said, not not, not tomorrow, but within my lifetime, 30-40 years.

I highly doubt it... you will have so many screams of ones that would then not be able to vote, get married, enlist in the military, etc...

But the fact is that college currently and for the foreseeable future is indeed for adults... and the government nor anyone else owes anyone a college education... it is indeed a personal want and as such is the personal responsibility of the individual.. no matter how hard it is to finance

Times. Change.

Read before you write, it will make you look less foolish.

Foolish huh? Expecting a free ride at the expense of others makes you look needy.

This shows just exactly how out of touch Romney is. Hello, Mittens! Not everyone's parents have money like you do to lend to their kids. We know you live in your own little bubble which is why you can't represent all the people.

"Get Real" - Obama for America TV Ad - YouTube

Voiceover:
"Mitt Romney on how to pay for college and start a business..."

Mitt Romney:
"Take a risk, get the education, borrow money if you have to from your parents'"

Voiceover:
"Hope they can afford it."

"Romney's plans could cut college aid for nearly ten million students and eliminate the tax deduction for college tuition."

"President Obama eliminated bank middlemen from college loans... and used the savings to double college grants."

Mitt Romney:
"Take a risk, get the education, borrow money if you have to from your parents."

Voiceover:
"Get real, Mitt."

Serious question.................

When do democrats plan on paying the fucking bills???

Foolish huh? Expecting a free ride at the expense of others makes you look needy.

Still didn't read what I wrote? S'ok, you really don't need to try to particate if you don't understand the discussion.

Times. Change.

Fine.. try and make it that you are not an adult til you are 21.. but you then also take away things like VOTING... let's see how that flies

College may be a PERSONAL need (better stated as a WANT), but it is not a need as in something that you cannot live without.... but nothing should be just given to any adult for free (AKA at the expense of the taxpayer) even if it is a degree of need (See Maslov's hierarchy of needs on where something like this would actually sit)

Well you already cant drink or gamble until you're 21. *shrug* its the natural progress of our society when we are constantly extending our lives.

Used to be, you were married by 14 and dead by 35, now we are living well into our 90's. Used to be, you didn't need any sort of education to get a decent job, then it was a high school diploma and now it's quickly becoming a college education.

It's not anger, it's frustration that people like you you don't seem to understand that nothing is 'free', someone has to pay for it. It's also frustrating that you have zero expectations for people to be responsible for their own lives and their own choices. No one is 'owed' a college education. If you want to talk about fairness, why is it fair for some to have their entire college experience paid for, get out and get a good paying job without any loans to pay back, while others who's parents were better off financially have to graduate and pay tens of thousands in loans back working at the very same job as the person who went for 'free'? All because their parents were responsible citizens and made responsible choices to work hard to get ahead?

I think any time that people think something is owed for personal wants and needs of adults for free (I.E. at the expense of someone else) IS something to get angry about

Who said anything about adults? I think we are absolutely headed to pushing the legal age to 21. Like I said, not not, not tomorrow, but within my lifetime, 30-40 years.

OMG... this is no use... seriously. :bang3:

I highly doubt it... you will have so many screams of ones that would then not be able to vote, get married, enlist in the military, etc...

But the fact is that college currently and for the foreseeable future is indeed for adults... and the government nor anyone else owes anyone a college education... it is indeed a personal want and as such is the personal responsibility of the individual.. no matter how hard it is to finance

Yeah, everyone 'needs' a house (more expensive than college by the way), they 'need' clothes, they 'need' food, they 'need' transportation. Why not have the government provide all of it for 'free' to everyone. It's so simple, I don't know why we just don't do it??? :lol:

When I read crap like this on here, I understand why our country is in the shithole it's currently in.

You are a fucking mongoloid. Go to college. Pay for it yourself. I guarantee if you OWS parasites have to pay your way, the useless degree programs would disappear.

You are the one who shows yourself to be hateful and self centered. I did go to college and pay for it myself but a lot of people can't.

Fuck off homo. I am neither hateful nor self centered. I love my friends and family and I take care of myself. And here is a news flash, douchebag. If you cannot afford something, don't buy it. Pretty simple right? Yet you fucking parasites want everything under the sun to be determined a natural right so that everyone is guaranteed to it. Talk about self centered. That would be you! Now go find a cop car to shit on, loser.

Yeah, calling me "homo" proves you are not hateful or self centered. If people don't get good education and training, guess what? YOU will be seeing them on your doorstep, street corner and maybe even in your home panhandling and stealing because they can't get a job. Contributing to higher education with out tax dollars enables all of us as a society to benefit. Some people may become doctors who save our lives or scientists who invent cures for diseases, etc. But I know people like you have a HUGE incapacity to comprehend or think beyond hateful talking points. I'm not self centered when I want OTHERS to beneifit from my tax dollars. You are really a PIECE of work to put it kindly! Go troll somewhere else!

Fine.. try and make it that you are not an adult til you are 21.. but you then also take away things like VOTING... let's see how that flies

College may be a PERSONAL need (better stated as a WANT), but it is not a need as in something that you cannot live without.... but nothing should be just given to any adult for free (AKA at the expense of the taxpayer) even if it is a degree of need (See Maslov's hierarchy of needs on where something like this would actually sit)

It's not anger, it's frustration that people like you you don't seem to understand that nothing is 'free', someone has to pay for it. It's also frustrating that you have zero expectations for people to be responsible for their own lives and their own choices. No one is 'owed' a college education. If you want to talk about fairness, why is it fair for some to have their entire college experience paid for, get out and get a good paying job without any loans to pay back, while others who's parents were better off financially have to graduate and pay tens of thousands in loans back working at the very same job as the person who went for 'free'? All because their parents were responsible citizens and made responsible choices to work hard to get ahead?

And you don't see how our helping others get training and a good education can help all of us as a society? The engineer, doctor, economist, teachers and many others. This attitude is a 3rd world attitude--we won't pay or invest in something for OTHERS. It is astounding that some people feel the way you do. Getting a good paying job is very difficult because most HS grads start and stay at minimum wage for a long time.

And you don't see how our helping others get training and a good education can help all of us as a society? The engineer, doctor, economist, teachers and many others. This attitude is a 3rd world attitude--we won't pay or invest in something for OTHERS. It is astounding that some people feel the way you do. Getting a good paying job is very difficult because most HS grads start and stay at minimum wage for a long time.

You're not 'helping' anyone by giving them handouts, only enslaving them to you for their every need because they never learn to do for themselves. Helping someone when they're in emergency situations versus cradle to grave handouts is what you seem to have trouble differentiating between.

LOTS of things would 'help' a society.. it does not mean that society owes it to each individual when society is made up of adults who are supposed to be responsible for their own advancement, upkeep, well being, etc...

Society would be helped by lots of people willing to work menial jobs as well, do we force that upon people?? Society would be happier if sex were mandated and handout out for free, do we force that upon people??

Boo hoo.. something is DIFFICULT... life ain't fair, and you are not owed the outcome or the path that you necessarily want.. what we in society are owed by government is the freedom to fail that goes hand in hand with the freedom to succeed... we are not owed some set outcome

This shows just exactly how out of touch Romney is. Hello, Mittens! Not everyone's parents have money like you do to lend to their kids. We know you live in your own little bubble which is why you can't represent all the people.

"Get Real" - Obama for America TV Ad - YouTube

Voiceover:
"Mitt Romney on how to pay for college and start a business..."

Mitt Romney:
"Take a risk, get the education, borrow money if you have to from your parents'"

Voiceover:
"Hope they can afford it."

"Romney's plans could cut college aid for nearly ten million students and eliminate the tax deduction for college tuition."

"President Obama eliminated bank middlemen from college loans... and used the savings to double college grants."

Mitt Romney:
"Take a risk, get the education, borrow money if you have to from your parents."

Voiceover:
"Get real, Mitt."

Out of touch? Maybe you should inform NPR that they are talking to fake people when they find families that are worried about the cost of college.

A Survey Of Families: Grappling With College Costs : NPR

Still didn't read what I wrote? S'ok, you really don't need to try to particate if you don't understand the discussion.

I understand it just fine, before you get all arrogant and condescending can you please enlighten me on exactly what the hell particate is, and why I might want to do it?

Forum List

Back