Romney Says $360,000 Per Year Not Much Money

It is all relative.

The fact that you dont see it is your problem.

In 2011, I made a hell of a lot of money....for me.
Compared to Romney and Obama, I didnt make squat.

But, you see....I really dont care what others make, for to me, what I made was great!

You may find yourself a much happier person if you were not wrapped up in what others make compared to you.

I know, I know....you are very happy.

Sure you are....but you certainly are showing signs of envy...and an envious man is never truly happy.

You're right, it IS relative. RELATIVE TO THE AVERAGE AMERICAN. Politicians are there for the people, not the other way around. I don't care how much money Romney makes. But him talking about his income the way he does is only disfranchising the average American. He's out of touch with the average American's reality. This is why I've pulled my support for him and thrown myself behind Buddy Roemer, futile as that may be. I won't settle for whatever idiot the idiots feed me.

you take the spin of what he said and say he is out of touch with the average American?
Sure he said "a few extrea bucks"...or something like that...it does not mean that he does not understand the plight of the lower class...sure, he could have said....."a large sum of money"...but he would have been criticized for mocking 360K...for his opponents would have said "360K is a drop in the bucket to him...so who is he kidding"

Look....Bush had his ranch...never hid it
Obama has his golf...and his trips to Hawaii...and the Vinyard.....never hides it
Kerry has his yacht...doesnt hide it...

Sorry Bro...I find it hard to believe that anyone who was truly considering Romney would decide he was out of touch with reality becuase he referred to 360K as a few extra bucks....when he is worth hundreds of millions....

Dam...ALL OF OUR POLITICIANS claim cutting 3 Billion dollars from spending is NOTHING...

Yet 3 Billion dollars would put a roof over just about every homeless persons head...and winter coats on every one of their children....new shoes...and a pony.

So do you hoild it against Reid, McConnel, Obama, Biden, Boehner et al when they refer to billions of dollars as a drop in the bucket????

Are you telling me our president, his entire administration, and all of congress are out of touch with the Average American?

Boy you nailed it when you referred to a few billions of dollars. The day Bush's last budget expired president Obama was faced with $450,000,000,000 annual interest on the existing debt. Multiply that by three and $1.35 trillion had to be paid in interest alone. That's the mess and here is an accounting:

Total U S Debt

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)

09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accomodate Tens of Trillions)

09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16

09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)

09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)

09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32

09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38(Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)

09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66
09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03
09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25
09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16
09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00
09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42
09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00
09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00
09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00

09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00(Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)

09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00

See?

Romney is an ideal candidate for the LET THEM EAT CAKE party.

He's everything that party now stands for.

A rich kid who got richer on riding on the backs of outsourced labor and who doesn't have a clue what it means to work for living, and one who has utter contempt for those who do.

He's a big government advocate for corporate welfare, and a small government advocate for anything that might stand beween Corporaations and that government welfare, Mitt is the ideal GOP candidate.

See?

A rich kid who got richer on riding on the backs of outsourced labor and who doesn't have a clue what it means to work for living, and one who has utter contempt for those who do.

He's a big government advocate for corporate welfare, and a small government advocate for anything that might stand beween Corporaations and that government welfare, Mitt is the ideal GOP candidate.

Yep....all the Republicans are yelling that taxes need to be cut and right now they are lower than at any time in the last forty years. This is what they're up to:

3-27-08tax2-f2.jpg

The epitome of the American Dream is to be a clueless rich boy? Indifference to the middle class and poor are admirable traits? What values system is the Right Wing pushing today? It used to be simply anti-Gay and anti-woman, but I guess now the Right embraces cluelessness as well.

Is this latent admiration for the Bush administration? Is this more evidence that spending cuts designed specifically to hurt the under privileged the real agenda of the Right?

Or is this just another clumsy defense of unfettered Capitalism and the damage it brings while the cash is skimmed off the top for the very few?

Romney has been 'clumsy' in his message of wealth as a vehicle to goodness. He'll offer a $10,000 bet and appear 'clueless' as to the income level of those from whom he seeks votes. He'll belittle $370,000 as 'not much' while it's actually 11 times the average salary of a middle class tax payer. He'll say he enjoys firing people while the unemployment rate hovers around 8.5%.

Rich does not equate to leadership.

What's preventing you from making $350,000 a year.
Uneducated?
Lazy?
Comfortable on food stamps?
Still living in the trailer with Mommy?
How's your bottom line? I'm not running for POTUS. I'm just trying to pay my bills, my mortgage and my health care expenses. If everyone could suddenly make $370,000 a year, who would actually do the work? There's a big difference between 'earning' a living and getting $370,000 without breaking a sweat.

If only I had a father who owned a car company and had access to some of that cash so I could become a corporate raider and throw working class stiffs like me out of work, perhaps in such a glorious occupation I too could smirk at the idea of only 'earning' $35,000 a year. But, alas, I don't have such an opportunity. How about you? Can you take advantage of such a system?

Can, and have, Nosmo. I wasn't born with the proverbial silver spoon in my mouth-I grew up on the family farm. My folks weren't wealthy; we owned some land and not much else. I joined the army after high school,and went to college while I was finishing my reserve obligation. My family helped me, but I had to work my way through. I went back on active duty, accepted an officer commission, and went to Vietnam. After I got out, I led a distinctly middle class existence, but I saved, and I invested. Eventually I took over a struggling family business that was barely turning a profit. I turned it around, and made it successful, and I didn't cheat anyone to do it; matter of fact, I built it on providing better service for less than the competition. I didn't squeeze every dime I could out of it; I paid myself a modest salary, and kept investing the rest. NOW, I'm retired; every quarter I write a bigger check in estimated taxes than some people make in a year. I make a bit over the amount that Romney called "a few extra bucks". The point of that, Nosmo, is not how brilliant I am; I consider myself pretty average. I worked smart, lived smart, and finally I'm reaping the rewards, and if I can do it, so can anyone else with some drive, initiative, self-discipline, and a willingness to take some risks.

Only a handfull of people get rich when they're young, or inherit great wealth; the reality is, that most people who have a lot more than most others get there late in life. Not all of us can be Bill Gates, or even Mitt Romney, but most of us can make it, eventually.

One other thing; not everyone with money is a selfish, greedy bastard; in fact, most are not. They don't always make a big splash of their charitable giving. Many of us happen to feel that we can do more good with our money than government can. You'd probably be surprised how often many of us have stepped up to help someone, AFTER they fell through the cracks in your precious government system; not for attention, not for a tax write-off (don't get one, for that), but because we think it's right. This is why your blanket generalizations, and your class-warfare politics, your envy and your hate, frankly make me sick; because you don't even know the people you are condemning, not at all.

Yuppers, he surely can relate to those who work hard just to BARELY make ends meet. To him those people have zero right to exist.

They're getting there. Beginning with Reagan the poor folks who used to be the middle class have been the target. The 1% won't be satisifed until we have no benefits, no hospitali tion, no unions, no nothing. When we're paid like a worker in Maylasia they will have accomplished their goal. Pay particular attention to the 1% line when Bush cut taxes in 2001 and again in 2003:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

Drama Queen.

Obama is thick as theives with Wall Street types and Hollywood folk. He doesn't care about the Middle-Class. His support comes from the poor and the rich.

His deal is making more and more of us desperate...in other words..poor. He does't fix anything. He just wants us to have to settle for a schmuck like him because we have no other choice.

Last edited:
Yuppers, he surely can relate to those who work hard just to BARELY make ends meet. To him those people have zero right to exist.

They're getting there. Beginning with Reagan the poor folks who used to be the middle class have been the target. The 1% won't be satisifed until we have no benefits, no hospitali tion, no unions, no nothing. When we're paid like a worker in Maylasia they will have accomplished their goal. Pay particular attention to the 1% line when Bush cut taxes in 2001 and again in 2003:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

Drama Queen.

Obama is thick as theives with Wall Street types and Hollywood folk. He doesn't care about the Middle-Class. His support comes from the poor and the rich.

His deal is making more and more of us desperate...in other words..poor. He does't fix anything. He just wants us to have to settle for a schmuck like him because we have no other choice.

Yeah....he took over Bush's shipwrecked economy and has been the only one up there who has consistently attempted to help the millions who are unemployed because of it. He's made sure unemployment benefits were extended, food stamps were available and cut taxes twice for people earning less than $250,000. You people either can't read or don't want to.

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

Drama Queen.

Yeah....he took over Bush's shipwrecked economy and has been the only one up there who has consistently attempted to help the millions who are unemployed because of it. He's made sure unemployment benefits were extended, food stamps were available and cut taxes twice for people earning less than $250,000. You people either can't read or don't want to.

And Obama's sunk-ship economy has produced record numbers of welfare and food stamp recipeints... and climbing... along with a worthless dollar and credit downgrade and inflation.

But hey, go ahead and run with Booooooooosssssssssssshhhhhhhhh.

:lol:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

Drama Queen.

How much longer are you gonna let him blame Bush for today's economy?

So, Obama extended unemployment 2 years ago but failed to do it this year. That's how he got an 8.5% unemployment rate.

And the income tax cut amounted to $13 per pay period at the same time he's jacking up federal taxes on gas, cigarettes, booze' and several other taxes. He's making sure that electricity rates and heating costs will go up by the end of the year.

It doesn't matter what he says he's doing, I know what he's really doing.

Ain't it incredible how Conservatives never gave Clinton props for the economy of the 1990s? They maintained that Reagan and Reagan alone was responsible for the booming 1990's economy. Their argument was the economy moves slowly in response to executive economic policy and Clinton's effects would not be felt for another eight to ten years.

Today, every bit of carnage left on Obama's desk after the Bush years belongs to Obama and no one else!

Oh! What tangled webs we weave when first we practice to be Conservative.

Ain't it incredible how Conservatives never gave Clinton props for the economy of the 1990s? They maintained that Reagan and Reagan alone was responsible for the booming 1990's economy. Their argument was the economy moves slowly in response to executive economic policy and Clinton's effects would not be felt for another eight to ten years.

Today, every bit of carnage left on Obama's desk after the Bush years belongs to Obama and no one else!

with all due respect...

If Obama had handleed the recession like the conservatives had asked, and it wsa still dead, he would not to be blamed.

But please recall....conservatives said that if you enact a stimulus of such a great magnitude, it will likely stunt the recovery..

And that is what we are complaining about.....and why we say he owns it now.

with all due respect...

If Obama had handleed the recession like the conservatives had asked, and it wsa still dead, he would not to be blamed.

But please recall....conservatives said that if you enact a stimulus of such a great magnitude, it will likely stunt the recovery..

And that is what we are complaining about.....and why we say he owns it now.
If Obama had handled the inherited mess as a Conservative would like, the American automobile manufacturing sector would now be a memory. The rich would enjoy even greater prosperity and the earnings of the average worker would be at Asian sweatshop levels. The banking system would have been condensed down to two or three institutions.

Herbert Hoover acted as a Conservative would in 1929. By 1932, the demand for goods disappeared.

The thing Conservatives fail to grasp is: demand creates jobs. Coddling the rich results in more money for the rich and less for everyone else. The rich are incapable of doing these two basic things: creating jobs where there is no demand for products and realizing that their greed saps the cash stream for the majority of spenders.

But, the Conservative think tanks are busy spreading the word that if only the American worker would be willing to subjugate himself to the whims of the wealthy, the wealthy will reciprocate with some form of largess. Incredibly appealing to those who have forgotten what made the middle class the envy of the world just a generation ago.

Drama Queen.

How much longer are you gonna let him blame Bush for today's economy?

So, Obama extended unemployment 2 years ago but failed to do it this year. That's how he got an 8.5% unemployment rate.

And the income tax cut amounted to $13 per pay period at the same time he's jacking up federal taxes on gas, cigarettes, booze' and several other taxes. He's making sure that electricity rates and heating costs will go up by the end of the year.

It doesn't matter what he says he's doing, I know what he's really doing.

Do you have a clue how long it took us to come out of the same kind of bank crash in the 1930's. This schit will last years longer no matter who has the responsibility. Don't worry about it. Most people were smart enough to see who caused it and they goddam sure won't elect one of them as president.

See?

Repeating bullshit does not make it any less 'bullshit'.

See?

It ain't bullshit:

3-27-08tax2-f2.jpg

See?

It ain't bullshit:

3-27-08tax2-f2.jpg

Are you aware that it is adjusted for inflation?

I ask for that chart you presented shows that all classes have experienced an increase above just the cost of living increase....

Which means the spending power of all classes is greater now than before..

Yes...the wealthiest have grown even more....that is an example of how haviung money makes you money..

But the bottom line is ALL groups have an increased in spending power..

So this is really nothing more than a "Yes, I have all I need and more....but I want what HE has."

It ain't bullshit:

3-27-08tax2-f2.jpg

I ask for that chart you presented shows that all classes have experienced an increase above just the cost of living increase....

Yes...the wealthiest have grown even more....that is an example of how haviung money makes you money..

So this is really nothing more than a "Yes, I have all I need and more....but I want what HE has."

LOL.......having money makes money

That's the problem. People doing nothing productive and not even having to see their offspring or their offspring's offspring go to a goddam desert 10,000 miles away and put it on the line in the unnecessary political wars started by those with the power. Hang onto your idiotic beliefs and see how long it stands. Haven't you paid any attention to the revolts all over the world which have been initiated because of too much power and wealth at the top and little or nothing for the rest That Bullshit will not stand

Last edited:

It ain't bullshit:

3-27-08tax2-f2.jpg

That's the problem. People doing nothing productive and not even having to see their offspring or their offspring's offspring go to a goddam desert 10,000 miles away and put it on the line in the unnecessary political wars started by those with the power. Hang onto your idiotic beliefs and see how long it stands. Haven't you paid any attention to the revolts all over the world which have been initiated because of too much power and wealth at the top and little or nothing for the rest That Bullshit will not stand

It ain't bullshit:

3-27-08tax2-f2.jpg

This is your new mantra? The same sweeping generalization you insulted my patriotism with last night, slightly modified? Bullshit! You think no one who has managed to acquire an income of $360,000 has ever worked for it, ever served the country and his community, or ever given anything back, just because they don't want their taxes raised? You are not only ignorant, you are willfully ignorant! As for the (now slightly re-worded) bolded part, not a single one of these magnificent young people has been drafted; every single one of them volunteered to serve (as I did), and not all of them or poor, or have no other career options. Many of them are some of the very best of our young people, and you, intentionally or not, are demeaning them with that comment. You are a sour, embittered old man, unable and unwilling to see anything good in anyone who is not just like you, or doesn't share your re-distributionist ideology. You are a political hack of the first order, a social bigot, and a complete ingrate. I promise you one thing; if we defeat Obama, you are going to hate me even more, because I will make it a priority to rub your bigoted nose in it daily!

If I were Mitt I would not be happy at all that number if true got out.
That is a low number for speaking engagement.
Clinton was pulling in a million per.
I think Donald Trump was pulling in the big bucks.
This amount is almost pitiful and not a much money at all...

Forum List

Back