Romney/Ryan Tax Plan:_____________________________________________ ?

Sadly, they don't have to for the type of people that would vote for them.

you two crack me up

AGAIN, why didn't your dear leader do it when he had a SUPERMAJORITY?
never had a super majority for longer than a few months which , given the Right's stone walling/foot-dragging wasn't that much time
FOX NEWS LIES: Obama only had a majority for 133 days, not two years - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com
“’You people’ have been told everything you need to know.”

Ain't that the truth, Obama didn't tell them anything about WHICH loopholes he would close, just that he wants to
give us a break

ummm..... steph :rolleyes: Do you know who he was quoting? :eusa_whistle: :clap2: :eusa_boohoo:

am I suppose to give a shit?
you people like Lakhota and yourself are like sheep...never think for yourself, just follow the flock

you two crack me up

AGAIN, why didn't your dear leader do it when he had a SUPERMAJORITY?
never had a super majority for longer than a few months which , given the Right's stone walling/foot-dragging wasn't that much time
FOX NEWS LIES: Obama only had a majority for 133 days, not two years - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com
Ain't that the truth, Obama didn't tell them anything about WHICH loopholes he would close, just that he wants to
give us a break

ummm..... steph :rolleyes: Do you know who he was quoting? :eusa_whistle: :clap2: :eusa_boohoo:

you people like Lakhota and yourself are like sheep...never think for yourself, just follow the flock

:eusa_hand: he was quoting Anne Romney :clap2: :eusa_boohoo:

Romney, Ryan Refuse To Identify Tax Loopholes They’d Close

By Sahil Kapur

In separate interviews Sunday, Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan refused to identify which tax loopholes they would close in order to pay for their large tax cuts.

On NBC’s “Meet The Press,” Romney dodged multiple questions about which deductions or credits he’d target, saying only that he’ll get rid of “some of the loopholes and deductions at the high end” while seeking to “lower the burden on middle income people.”

Pressed for one specific example, Romney replied, “Well, the specifics are these which is those principles I described are the heart of my policy.”

On ABC’s “This Week,” Ryan also fended off multiple questions about whether the Romney-Ryan tax plan should be taken seriously given its lack of details on which loopholes they would close.

“Mitt Romney and I, based on our experience, think the best way to do this is to show the framework, show the outlines of these plans, and then to work with Congress to do this. That’s how you get things done,” he said.

The Romney-Ryan plan would cut taxes beneath existing Bush-era levels, with benefits disproportionately for high earners, at a cost of roughly $5 trillion. They have vowed that the breaks would be revenue-neutral by way of closing tax credits and deductions but have persisted in their refusal to specify which ones, other than promising that the changes wouldn’t target middle class Americans.

A large chunk of the over $1 trillion in annual federal tax credits and deductions — including for home mortgage interest and employer-based health care — benefit middle class Americans. Other perks, like preferential tax treatment of capital gains and dividends, are strongly supported by Republicans, including Romney.

At the Democratic convention, Bill Clinton called the Romney tax plan mathematically unsound. In order to meet his targets, the former president said, Romney will “have to eliminate so many deductions, like the ones for home mortgages and charitable giving, that middle-class families will see their tax bills go up.” Otherwise, he said, “they’ll have to cut so much spending that they’ll obliterate the budget for the national parks, for ensuring clean air, clean water, safe food, safe air travel.”
More: Romney Refuses To Offer Details On His Tax Plan | TPM2012

Why are you complaining about the lack of details from
Romney but giving Obama a pass for not giving any details?
Who are you asking? He hasn't posted an opinion of his own in this thread and I don't think that the article writer is going to show up to debate his opinion with us.

:eusa_hand: he was quoting Anne Romney :clap2: :eusa_boohoo:

ok little dots, big whooops:rolleyes:

By Sahil Kapur

In separate interviews Sunday, Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan refused to identify which tax loopholes they would close in order to pay for their large tax cuts.

On NBC’s “Meet The Press,” Romney dodged multiple questions about which deductions or credits he’d target, saying only that he’ll get rid of “some of the loopholes and deductions at the high end” while seeking to “lower the burden on middle income people.”

Pressed for one specific example, Romney replied, “Well, the specifics are these which is those principles I described are the heart of my policy.”

On ABC’s “This Week,” Ryan also fended off multiple questions about whether the Romney-Ryan tax plan should be taken seriously given its lack of details on which loopholes they would close.

“Mitt Romney and I, based on our experience, think the best way to do this is to show the framework, show the outlines of these plans, and then to work with Congress to do this. That’s how you get things done,” he said.

The Romney-Ryan plan would cut taxes beneath existing Bush-era levels, with benefits disproportionately for high earners, at a cost of roughly $5 trillion. They have vowed that the breaks would be revenue-neutral by way of closing tax credits and deductions but have persisted in their refusal to specify which ones, other than promising that the changes wouldn’t target middle class Americans.

A large chunk of the over $1 trillion in annual federal tax credits and deductions — including for home mortgage interest and employer-based health care — benefit middle class Americans. Other perks, like preferential tax treatment of capital gains and dividends, are strongly supported by Republicans, including Romney.

At the Democratic convention, Bill Clinton called the Romney tax plan mathematically unsound. In order to meet his targets, the former president said, Romney will “have to eliminate so many deductions, like the ones for home mortgages and charitable giving, that middle-class families will see their tax bills go up.” Otherwise, he said, “they’ll have to cut so much spending that they’ll obliterate the budget for the national parks, for ensuring clean air, clean water, safe food, safe air travel.”

Why are you complaining about the lack of details from
Romney but giving Obama a pass for not giving any details?

That's funny. Retarded, but funny. Thanks for playing...

I suppose there are two possibilities.

1) They know they'll have to raise the tax burden on the middle class and are just a tad reluctant to admit it. So they prefer the silliness of the Secret Tax Plan to admitting the truth.

2) The Secret Tax Plan is real, in that they haven't bothered to work out the numbers far enough yet to realize that they will in fact be raising the tax burden on the middle class. Boy are they in for a surprise!

I suppose there are two possibilities.

1) They know they'll have to raise the tax burden on the middle class and are just a tad reluctant to admit it. So they prefer the silliness of the Secret Tax Plan to admitting the truth.

2) The Secret Tax Plan is real, in that they haven't bothered to work out the numbers far enough yet to realize that they will in fact be raising the tax burden on the middle class. Boy are they in for a surprise!

well you all didn't mind Obama raising taxes on the middle class so neither of those should bother you

You DO realize that under the Ryan tax plan (the one Romney is going to go with), his effective tax rate is going to drop to 0.83 percent, right?

President Clinton spelled out the horror of the Romney/Ryan tax plan very clearly in his DNC speech. No wonder Romney/Ryan don't want to admit the truth. I can't wait for the debates - watching Romney and Ryan trying to shuck and jive. They'll probably be wearing dancing shoes.

President Clinton spelled out the horror of the Romney/Ryan tax plan very clearly in his DNC speech. No wonder Romney/Ryan don't want to admit the truth. I can't wait for the debates - watching Romney and Ryan trying to shuck and jive. They'll probably be wearing dancing shoes.

Clinton failed to mention the economy.

We're fortunate that, unlike Mr. Romney, Obama is not pledging to do that.

no he doesn't have to peldge to do, HE ALREADY DID IT

Other than tobacco taxes, you're full of shit as usual.
You failed
But it’s not accurate for the president to make the blanket statement: "I didn’t raise taxes once."

A little more than two weeks after taking office, Obama signed into law a bill expanding the Children’s Health Insurance Program. That was financed in part by an increase in the federal excise tax on cigarettes and other tobacco products; it went into effect on April 1, 2009.

There were also several tax increases included in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, also known as the health care law. The biggest tax in the law is an extra 3.8 percent tax on investment income, which applies to persons making more than $200,000 a year or couples making more than $250,000. That one starts in 2013, and is expected to bring in $210 billion through 2019, when coupled with a 0.9 percent increase in the Medicare payroll tax for upper-income earners. But other taxes, like the new 10 percent tax on indoor tanning services, have started already. The 30 million Americans who reportedly use tanning beds have been paying more since July 1, 2010.

So, Obama has raised some taxes.

FactCheck.org : Obama’s Tax Tale

By Sahil Kapur

LaKunta speaking his mind______________________________________________?

By Sahil Kapur

LaKunta speaking his mind______________________________________________?

More like hope and wishful thinking

What did Obama say about Republican Economic policy? Take two tax cuts and some deregulation? That's it. That's all of it. If you don't have a job, then who cares about a tax cut?

i hear ya Dean.....10.8% unemployment out here.....but these basterds still want to tax ya....

Forum List

Back