Romney Rice 2012. Condi - ideal running mate for Mitt Romney

‘Ideal’ if he doesn’t want to win the election.

The snag is Romney will need a significant number of democrats to vote for him if he’s to have any hope of winning. They likely won’t vote for him anyway, and certainly not with rice on the ticket.

Did you notice, read and understand this?

The CBS video is embedded in a background suggesting a possible "Romney - Rice 2012" Republican ticket for the United States Presidential elections and in support of that idea, the results of April 2012 polls indicating the percentage of U.S. voters with a favorable opinion of

Condoleezza Rice - 66%
Barack Obama - 54%
Mitt Romney - 40%

usvotersfavor800.jpg

Far more Americans than just the Republican base had a favorable opinion of Rice in those polls. 66% of all Americans favored Rice. That's two thirds. That's maybe 2 out of 3 members of this forum.

Romney in those polls only had 40% of Americans having a favorable opinion of him.

Romney does need someone on his ticket who is favored by many more Americans than just the republican base whether we call those other Americans "independents" or "democrats who might switch their vote to the republican ticket if they favored the republican candidates enough".

So , someone favored by a lot of Americans, 66%, Condoleezza Rice, would seem to be an obvious person to put on the ticket to attract a more favorable opinion of the republican ticket overall.

In a straight fight, Condi Rice vs Barack Obama, Condi would likely win because Rice's 66% beats Obama's 54%. Far from making it a certainty that Romney will lose to Obama, putting Rice who is more favored than Obama onto the ticket makes it a possibility that Romney Rice can beat Obama's ticket.

Ideally, both places on the republican ticket would be occupied by candidates who start out as more favored than Obama's 54%.

Condi on the ticket tends to make the republican ticket more favored than the democrat ticket with Obama on it. Romney on the ticket tends to drags the republican ticket lower than the democrat ticket.

But Romney is going to be the republican party candidate for president so the ticket is stuck with him on it. The question is, who is best on the number 2 position to lift the popularity of the ticket up as high as possible?

Now OK, if there is an even more favored person than Condi then he or she would be good on Romney's ticket but I don't believe there is such a more favored republican.

Condi may be the most favored possible candidate the republican party has but that's OK because Condi would make a great vice president or president if anything happens to Romney.

Last edited:

‘Ideal’ if he doesn’t want to win the election.

The snag is Romney will need a significant number of democrats to vote for him if he’s to have any hope of winning. They likely won’t vote for him anyway, and certainly not with rice on the ticket.

Did you notice, read and understand this?

The CBS video is embedded in a background suggesting a possible "Romney - Rice 2012" Republican ticket for the United States Presidential elections and in support of that idea, the results of April 2012 polls indicating the percentage of U.S. voters with a favorable opinion of

Condoleezza Rice - 66%
Barack Obama - 54%
Mitt Romney - 40%

usvotersfavor800.jpg

Far more Americans than just the Republican base had a favorable opinion of Rice in those polls. 66% of all Americans favored Rice. That's two thirds. That's maybe 2 out of 3 members of this forum.

Romney in those polls only had 40% of Americans having a favorable opinion of him.

Romney does need someone on his ticket who is favored by many more Americans than just the republican base whether we call those other Americans "independents" or "democrats who might switch their vote to the republican ticket if they favored the republican candidates enough".

So , someone favored by a lot of Americans, 66%, Condoleezza Rice, would seem to be an obvious person to put on the ticket to attract a more favorable opinion of the republican ticket overall.

In a straight fight, Condi Rice vs Barack Obama, Condi would likely win because Rice's 66% beats Obama's 54%. Far from making it a certainty that Romney will lose to Obama, putting Rice who is more favored than Obama onto the ticket makes it a possibility that Romney Rice can beat Obama's ticket.

Ideally, both places on the republican ticket would be occupied by candidates who start out as more favored than Obama's 54%.

Condi on the ticket tends to make the republican ticket more favored than the democrat ticket with Obama on it. Romney on the ticket tends to drags the republican ticket lower than the democrat ticket.

But Romney is going to be the republican party candidate for president so the ticket is stuck with him on it. The question is, who is best on the number 2 position to lift the popularity of the ticket up as high as possible?

Now OK, if there is an even more favored person than Condi then he or she would be good on Romney's ticket but I don't believe there is such a more favored republican.

Condi may be the most favored possible candidate the republican party has but that's OK because Condi would make a great vice president or president if anything happens to Romney.

I, too, think Condi Rice would be a superb choice for VP as an American. From a political standpoint; it would be suicide from Romney because she would tower over him since he has revealed himself to be the lightweight he is. She's a heavyweight.

As for your post; gee....do you think she's so popular because she hasn't made a public policy decision of any consequence in about 6 years? Every decision made alienates about 45-50 percent of the electorate which explains President Obama's popularity.

What the cons should be worried about is that Governor Romney's numbers are so inferior and he has even less of a recent track record than Dr. Rice. Running this stealth campaign may be the best idea he's had yet; lest his numbers plummet further.

I, too, think Condi Rice would be a superb choice for VP as an American. From a political standpoint; it would be suicide from Romney because she would tower over him since he has revealed himself to be the lightweight he is. She's a heavyweight.

As for your post; gee....do you think she's so popular because she hasn't made a public policy decision of any consequence in about 6 years? Every decision made alienates about 45-50 percent of the electorate which explains President Obama's popularity.

What the cons should be worried about is that Governor Romney's numbers are so inferior and he has even less of a recent track record than Dr. Rice. Running this stealth campaign may be the best idea he's had yet; lest his numbers plummet further.

Romney should use his VP pick to help him with women voters.

Right now, Romney looks weak in attracting women voters.

The top 3 most admired women in America – Oprah Winfrey, Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama – all back Obama for re-election.

If something big were to happen with one of those three then maybe Obama might lose his hold on the women’s vote. If say, Romney went on TV with Oprah and convinced her and her viewers to vote Romney, if Hillary Clinton ran against Obama for the 2012 Democrat nomination, if Michelle Obama filed for divorce – that kind of thing, then maybe Obama would be vulnerable.

Right now, Obama has the women’s vote all but sewn up so Romney needs to do something big to recruit women to his ticket.

Picking Condoleezza Rice to run on the Republican ticket would be Romney’s best move to attract women voters and boost his ticket’s foreign policy experience at the same time.

But Romney needs more women voters’ support. Oprah is the most admired woman with republican women so when she endorsed Obama for re-election that hurt the GOP ticket with women voters.

Last edited:

The top 3 most admired women in America – Oprah Winfrey, Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama – all back Obama for re-election.

If something big were to happen with one of those three then maybe Obama might lose his hold on the women’s vote. If say, Romney went on TV with Oprah and convinced her and her viewers to vote Romney, if Hillary Clinton ran against Obama for the 2012 Democrat nomination, if Michelle Obama filed for divorce – that kind of thing, then maybe Obama would be vulnerable.

Right now, Obama has the women’s vote all but sewn up so Romney needs to do something big to recruit women to his ticket.

Picking Condoleezza Rice to run on the Republican ticket would be Romney’s best move to attract women voters and boost his ticket’s foreign policy experience at the same time.

But Romney needs more women voters’ support. Oprah is the most admired woman with republican women so when she endorsed Obama for re-election that hurt the GOP ticket with women voters.

It wouldn't be the worst move he could make but the optics of it would be tantamount to then Senator Obama picking President Bill Clinton to be his running mate.

It wouldn't be the worst move he could make but the optics of it would be tantamount to then Senator Obama picking President Bill Clinton to be his running mate.
The "optics" of a presidential candidate being supported by a previous president or secretary of state are positive, right?

I would guess the only exception to that might be a president who leaves in disgrace like Nixon? I guess Carter won in 1976 because Ford was tainted by association with Nixon?

But both the Clintons are still very popular right? So Obama needs Clinton support. If not Bill as his VP then Hillary would be a good VP choice, dropping Biden, so to secure the women's vote against Romney's strong move to appeal for the women's vote by picking Rice for VP.

Last edited:

The "optics" of a presidential candidate being supported by a previous president or secretary of state are positive, right?

Supported; yes. Overshadowed; no.

Romney is a lightweight and has done little to engender himself in any other light. Rice is a heavyweight in foreign policy, well respected worldwide, a scholar in world events, a true diplomat in the arena.

I think she'll be a plus as a VP. As an American, I would be happy to see her in the executive.

I think she'll overshadow the top of the ticket.

Romney is a lightweight and has done little to engender himself in any other light. Rice is a heavyweight in foreign policy, well respected worldwide, a scholar in world events, a true diplomat in the arena.

I think she'll be a plus as a VP. As an American, I would be happy to see her in the executive.

I actually agree, and as a conservative if those 2 won, I would be hoping Romney was forced to step down (would not wish harm on anyone) so Condi Could be president, because she would be 1000% better than Romney or Obama.

If they're lightweights then what is Obama? The little boy in the stands? He's an utter failure.

I actually agree, and as a conservative if those 2 won, I would be hoping Romney was forced to step down (would not wish harm on anyone) so Condi Could be president, because she would be 1000% better than Romney or Obama.

I doubt you could accurately compare Romney and Rice at this point. And frankly, given Romney's business experience, I'd give him the edge though.

If they're lightweights then what is Obama? The little boy in the stands? He's an utter failure.

President Obama.

Any evidence about him being born in Kenya yet? No? Carry on....liar.

President Obama.

Mounds of it. But I'm more than willing to accept that we disagree and move on. You on the other hand have to fall back on it b/c you don't want to talk about the issues.

President Obama.

Mounds of it. But I'm more than willing to accept that we disagree and move on. You on the other hand have to fall back on it b/c you don't want to talk about the issues.

Nah...I'll keep asking for it and keep proving you're a liar.

I can see why you want to change the subject though since you're so unpopular in your own tribe. You want to know how bad it is for you...Stephanie is keeping her distance.

President Obama.

I can see why you want to change the subject though since you're so unpopular in your own tribe. You want to know how bad it is for you...Stephanie is keeping her distance.

I'm not going to reward your obsessive nonsense.

The reward is watching you run from your own statement. Too late.

The reward is watching you run from your own statement. Too late.

Alright. Well go ahead and move on dot org it nutjob.

I'm not sure why you think "overshadowing" isn't positive for the ticket?

A ticket with a political colossus on it is a ticket to vote for, right?

Do you think Romney wants overshadowed by his VP pick and voted in as president, or to have his VP pick ridiculed, as Palin was ridiculed, and not voted in as president?

Forum List

Back