Romney Rice 2012. Condi - ideal running mate for Mitt Romney

Peter Dow

Freedom lover & fighter
Mar 3, 2010
Aberdeen, Scotland
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcW-Fsoc96A]Romney Rice 2012. Condi - "ideal running mate for Mitt Romney" - YouTube[/ame]

June 26, 2012. Condoleezza Rice is interviewed for CBS's "This Morning" by Erica Hill and Charlie Rose days after giving a well-received speech at Mitt Romney's weekend donors' meeting in Utah.

The CBS video is embedded in a background suggesting a possible "Romney - Rice 2012" Republican ticket for the United States Presidential elections and in support of that idea, the results of April 2012 polls indicating the percentage of U.S. voters with a favorable opinion of

Condoleezza Rice - 66%
Barack Obama - 54%
Mitt Romney - 40%

This is a link to the CBS report of the interview

usvotersfavor800.jpg

Remember folks, the VP pick is a tactical move to the center to attract independents to the ticket. So you need someone who appeals to all voters, all Americans in this case, not just the party base (although Condi is popular with the republican base and she was the most popular pick for VP with Republicans in a recent poll, and fired up Romney donors last weekend.)

cnnpoliticsticker.jpg

condipollvp.jpg

It remains the case that in the general election, the base has nowhere else to go but to back their party ticket. Independents have a choice and can switch either way. That's why they are called "independents". Condi has long been the most popular Republican with independents and all Americans, though a few Republicans might be more popular than Condi with the party base, that is of no use for the VP pick.

So it is poor party tactics to think the VP pick ought to be someone "to energise the base" (and risk alienating independents) like the Sarah Palin VP 2008 pick did, which was how McCain blew his 2008 run for president.

I totally agree. She's a foreign policy heavyweight who will add nothing but positives. She'll vastly overshadow Romney. Think Dukakis/Bentsen.

Republicans should be careful what they ask for. The 3 R's; Rice, Rubio and Ryan are all glorified demagogues. If we want someone with a backbone and fire in their belly think Paul or Christie. I'd probably be willing to compromise on Pawlenty. But that's just b/c I'm not fully convinced he's like the 3 R's yet.

I'm waiting for Truthmatters to chime in on why the possibility of Condi Rice for VP would clearly be racist.:badgrin:

She'd be a great choice, but I don't think she'd do it.

Define great. I think she'd give Romney the best chance at victory. So if you mean that's great then sure. Domestically, I'd rather see someone like Christie or Paul; people who are unafraid of bashing the corrupt powers.

Congolezbo is a moron and a loony and and is too closely associated with the bizarrely awful presidency of Bush.

Define great. I think she'd give Romney the best chance at victory. So if you mean that's great then sure. Domestically, I'd rather see someone like Christie or Paul; people who are unafraid of bashing the corrupt powers.

Ron Paul is a nutjob. The only ticket he needs to be on is the one for the bus to the retirement home.

I would hope Christie is smart enough to stay off the ticket (as he has said he would) and not risk what could be a great and important political career.

Ron Paul is a nutjob. The only ticket he needs to be on is the one for the bus to the retirement home.

I would hope Christie is smart enough to stay off the ticket (as he has said he would) and not risk what could be a great and important political career.

How is RP a nutjob? He's the one that wants to get govt out of the business of manipulating systems and currencies. You don't know what you're talking about. You're like most Republicans. You talk a big game about small government but at the end of the day you put no faith in it.

How is RP a nutjob? He's the one that wants to get govt out of the business of manipulating systems and currencies. You don't know what you're talking about. You're like most Republicans. You talk a big game about small government but at the end of the day you put no faith in it.

If you are really interested there are about 1000 old threads on how nuts Ron Paul is. If you happen to be one of his zombie army, great, good for you, enjoy that. He is irrelevant for a reason.

If you are really interested there are about 1000 old threads on how nuts Ron Paul is. If you happen to be one of his zombie army, great, good for you, enjoy that. He is irrelevant for a reason.

I'm not interested in a bunch of random opinions. I want to know why you think he's so bad. And frankly, his so-called "irrelevancy" means little when you consider how much Republicans and Democrats are f'ing up the country. He's the voice of reason. If we went with his proven concepts we'd be much better off.

RP is the guy that says let's stop the insanity and transparent politics and means it. He doesn't pander and that's why you can trust him to do what he says.

And let's be very clear, Ron Paul has about as much chance of being chosen to be VP on Romney's ticket as he did of winning the Republican nomination - NONE.

Ron Paul zombie... :rolleyes:

Not really. I know a lot of RP zombies that can't deal with the fact that he lost. They have to go with the Romney cheated in Maine jazz and other stuff. I've accepted the primary results. But the reality is that Romney's nomination shows that Republicans are much more interested in statism than revolutionizing the system.

Republicans should be careful what they ask for. The 3 R's; Rice, Rubio and Ryan are all glorified demagogues. If we want someone with a backbone and fire in their belly think Paul or Christie. I'd probably be willing to compromise on Pawlenty. But that's just b/c I'm not fully convinced he's like the 3 R's yet.

So now you think Rice would be a bad idea?

Actually, anyone who Republicans would actually be excited about would just serve to remind them that the GOP Establishment shoved Romney down their throats when they would have rather had anyone else.

Pawlenty and Portman would probably be the safest choices. They don't outshine, they'd do an okay job if Romney got sent to the Celestial Heaven to rule his own planet, they won't "Go Rogue" and persue their own agenda.

Pawlenty would be the best pick. He handles himself well in interviews, and won't screw it up.

But the Veep pick won't make a difference.

Romney will lose because he's Romney. Evil Corporate Vampire with a weird religion.

Forum List

Back