Romney, Republican Governors at "odds" over economy

R

rdean

Ohio Gov. John Kasich. Campaigning for Romney outside the capital, the Republican governor could hardly have strayed further off message as he painted a bright picture of economic recovery in Ohio just as Romney was trying to do the opposite.

Virginia Gov. Bob McConnell offered the latest variation on Thursday as he introduced Romney at a rally in Portsmouth, Va.

"Welcome to the state with the lowest unemployment rate in the Southeast," McConnell said.

As the audience cheered, Romney paused, then smiled and clapped his hands four times.

he can only hope that Republican governors of battleground states will set aside their self-interest and join him in stressing the gloom.

It will be a struggle. At a Republican dinner outside Milwaukee in March, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker told party loyalists that their state was on a solid path to recovery.

"The unemployment rate is now below 7% for the first time since 2008," said Walker

With Romney seated next to him, the governor mentioned more job opportunities in a nearby Columbus suburb, New Albany, and plugged the “Ohio Means Jobs” website, which now lists 108,636 openings.

"There's a lot of really exciting things in the state where you can go work," Kasich said.

Romney's economic message seems at odds with GOP governors' - latimes)

Love the comment below the article:

In other words, for Romney to be successful he needs republican governors to lie about the job situation in their states.

I believe that Romney has flip-flopped so much, he has lost to the ability to recognize a lie. I suspect he believes everything he says at that moment. Still, "he clapped four times" is pretty fucking funny.

The economy must fail.........it is Romneys only hope

The economy must fail.........it is Romneys only hope

Not really. He has all that money coming in from the Koch Brothers and others of that ilk.

oh my.... i bet that money is different than Soros's money and others of that ilk....

Even you know that most of the big corporations give to Republicans. Even the Chamber of Commerce gives to Republicans 9 to 1 over Democrats. Why would they do that? Come on now, think it through.

Not really. He has all that money coming in from the Koch Brothers and others of that ilk.

oh my.... i bet that money is different than Soros's money and others of that ilk....

Even you know that most of the big corporations give to Republicans. Even the Chamber of Commerce gives to Republicans 9 to 1 over Democrats. Why would they do that? Come on now, think it through.

true.....so what is your opinion of all those big Corporations that give to Democrats?......

true.....so what is your opinion of all those big Corporations that give to Democrats?......

Depends. Is the money coming bundled from the employees or from the Board of Directors and CEO. Try to reason out the difference.

Forum List

Back