Romney rejects marriage pledge

what is the TPMDC, something like the National Enquire?
I don't care what Romeny slams. This is a NON ISSUE for the American people, except for you lefties who don't WANT to talk about the 10% unemployment, high gas prices, high food prices, the gunrunner case under the Obama and Eric Holder.

and your play on my name is real cute. don't give up your day job to become a comedian, you would starve to death.:lol:

Civil rights are never a non-issue.

But you go right ahead and support Bachmann and her stupidity signing something that said blacks were better off a slaves.

:thup:

FYI - They ended up omitting that part from the pledge statement...

On Saturday, in a note forwarded to reporters by the Bachmann campaign, the group, the Family Leader, apologized for the reference.

“After careful deliberation and wise insight and input from valued colleagues we deeply respect, we agree that the statement referencing children born into slavery can be misconstrued,” said Julie Summa, a spokeswoman for the Family Leader. “We sincerely apologize for any negative feelings this has caused, and have removed the language from the vow.”

Bachmann Pledge Update: Slavery Reference Yanked - Ricochet.com

The fact that the Bachmann camp circulated the note is interesting; make of that what you will. Then there's this:

Earlier Saturday, Bachmann spokeswoman Alice Stewart said that the Minnesota congresswoman had only endorsed the 14-point “candidate vow,” which did not include the slavery passage.

However, the entire document was only four pages, including two pages of footnotes, and the slavery section was the first bullet point within the preamble.

If the preamble was added after the pledge was presented to the candidates, that would be relevant information. Nothing I'm reading this morning says it was. Not that it matters; the impression swamps the facts. The narrative will now be: candidate signs racially insensitive pledge, draws flak, backtracks with lawyerly hair-splitting. "Gosh, can we trust her to read a treaty or bill someone puts on her desk?" That sort of thing. And if you get your news from Jon Stewart, that's all you'll need to know.

Bachmann knew what she was signing.......she probably still agrees with it

Hey Steph. The Dem's didn't offer the pledge up for the righties to sign as a "gotcha'" ploy. This was started by the Repub/conservative base as a major issue. Can't blame the messenger this time girl ;)

what is the TPMDC, something like the National Enquire?
I don't care what Romeny slams. This is a NON ISSUE for the American people, except for you lefties who don't WANT to talk about the 10% unemployment, high gas prices, high food prices, the gunrunner case under the Obama and Eric Holder.

and your play on my name is real cute. don't give up your day job to become a comedian, you would starve to death.:lol:

But you go right ahead and support Bachmann and her stupidity signing something that said blacks were better off a slaves.

On Saturday, in a note forwarded to reporters by the Bachmann campaign, the group, the Family Leader, apologized for the reference.

“After careful deliberation and wise insight and input from valued colleagues we deeply respect, we agree that the statement referencing children born into slavery can be misconstrued,” said Julie Summa, a spokeswoman for the Family Leader. “We sincerely apologize for any negative feelings this has caused, and have removed the language from the vow.”

But she apparently signed it before that part was taken out.

Oh, I realize... She's not smart enough to recognize it as offensive and she, like Stephanie, deflects and blames it on being "misconstrued" ...

Oh, I realize... She's not smart enough to recognize it as offensive and she, like Stephanie, deflects and blames it on being "misconstrued" ...

Please. You don't have to be smart to realize that no one is better off as a slave. Especially if you're an American and believe in the home of the free.

Funny watching the conservatives pander to their base :p It can only get better as time goes by ;) The establishment Repubs don't mind these red-meat issues as it takes the focus off of the fact that they have virtually NO positions to address any contemporary issues aside from "privatize it!!!" & "cut more taxes!!!" :rolleyes: . Those are their ONLY answers to ANYTHING.

Hey Steph. The Dem's didn't offer the pledge up for the righties to sign as a "gotcha'" ploy. This was started by the Repub/conservative base as a major issue. Can't blame the messenger this time girl ;)

hey dottie, as I've said before. The American people don't give a shit about some stupid pledge. The only ones who keep BRINGING IT up is you lefties with the help of Progressive media.

We have BIGGER PROBLEMS to worry about, which is SOMETHING you all wish for the PEOPLE TO FORGET.

now carry on little one. you're all's gotcha moment was over before it stated, but that won't stop you all.

Cains fear of Muslims and Sharia Law put him firmly in the nutjob category

Romney and Perry are the only available mainstream GOP candidates and will probably be the GOP ticket. We just don't know who will be Pres and who will be VP

I will admit that Cain is a longshot. Yet his justifiably stances Muslims and Sharia Law makes him a better candidate. Foolish leftist try to protect the Islamofacist, Cain won't do it! He won't bow to morons like you!

I'm sure he won't

He will stick to his prejudicial position that he will not appoint Muslims as well as his irrational fear of Sharia Law

Just curious, did FDR have a Secretary Hirohito in his admin? I don't think so.

hahah, probably to you people with your sensitive sensibilities..
and I'm smart enought to know the MAJORITY of the people aren't giving two shits about some pledge. but you go on thinking otherwise..:eusa_hand::lol:

Last edited:

hey dottie, as I've said before. The American people don't give a shit about some stupid pledge. The only ones who keep BRINGING IT up is you lefties with the help of Progressive media.

We have BIGGER PROBLEMS to worry about, which is SOMETHING you all wish for the PEOPLE TO FORGET.

now carry on little one. you're all's gotcha moment was over before it stated, but that won't stop you all.
The Repub base in Iowa, or any state for that matter, sure does put social issues at the top of the agenda. Where have you been?

and I'm smart enought to know the MAJORITY of the people aren't giving two shits about some pledge. but you go on thinking otherwise..:eusa_hand::lol:

And you go on imagining loons like Bachmann and Santorum have a legitimate chance of ever leading this country. :eusa_clap:

I will admit that Cain is a longshot. Yet his justifiably stances Muslims and Sharia Law makes him a better candidate. Foolish leftist try to protect the Islamofacist, Cain won't do it! He won't bow to morons like you!

I'm sure he won't

He will stick to his prejudicial position that he will not appoint Muslims as well as his irrational fear of Sharia Law

Just curious, did FDR have a Secretary Hirohito in his admin? I don't think so.

Are we at war with Islam?

Both Presidents Bush and Obama have stated that we are not

President Cain would say that we are

Please. You don't have to be smart to realize that no one is better off as a slave. Especially if you're an American and believe in the home of the free.

:lol: Apparently you do because there are still people defending her statement and saying it's being "misconstrued" and she is being "smeared" by the liberal media.

And you go on imagining loons like Bachmann and Santorum have a legitimate chance of ever leading this country. :eusa_clap:

And you go on thinking they DON'T have a chance. they said the same thing about Reagan after Jimma Carter( was the worst President, now the Obama has taken over that reign).
We all saw how that election turned out..:wink_2:

And you go on thinking they DON'T have a chance. they said the same thing about Reagan after Jimma Carter( was the worst President, now the Obama has taken over that reign).

Nobody said Reagan didn't have a chance. He had a strong political following and his closest comptetion was George "Voodoo economics" Bush

Carter got his chance because Ted Kennedy imploded. Any Democrat running post Nixon had a chance

If you think she even read it you're giving her more credit than I do.

Nobody said Reagan didn't have a chance. He had a strong political following and his closest comptetion was George "Voodoo economics" Bush

Carter got his chance because Ted Kennedy imploded. Any Democrat running post Nixon had a chance
and because of that we got a loser. just like we got a loser now because any democrat running after bush was sure ot win. I'm still blown away that there are people who actually believe the joker is doing a good job.

Go back in time and read the media what they said about Reagan. They really haven't changed much today in how they treat ANY Republican candidate nor has any of you lefties. that is why the Majority of the people DON'T TRUST the Lamestream media. And as we saw in the November elections, the people aren't trusting the Democrats or you leties anymore either. But you all will PRETEND they do..

Forum List

Back