Romney rejects marriage pledge

Its great that Romney can look at the lunatic fringe of his party and tell them they are lunatics

yes. but that's fine in a general election. the loonies are going to try to mess with him during the primary.

I think the majority of Republicans cringe at the social conservatives and will be the reason that Romney will win easily in the primaries. The lunatics grab the headlines and may actually get the morons in Iowa to vote for them. Once the primary reaches Super Tuesday, Romney will distance himself from the patheticaly weak GOP field

The best reason Mitt has a chance is because the fring left (you) and the media wants him to win... That way if Obama does not win you still get to keep your Neocon's in power.

yes. but that's fine in a general election. the loonies are going to try to mess with him during the primary.

I think the majority of Republicans cringe at the social conservatives and will be the reason that Romney will win easily in the primaries. The lunatics grab the headlines and may actually get the morons in Iowa to vote for them. Once the primary reaches Super Tuesday, Romney will distance himself from the patheticaly weak GOP field

The best reason Mitt has a chance is because the fring left (you) and the media wants him to win... That way if Obama does not win you still get to keep your Neocon's in power.

GOP pool of candidates

Mainstream Candidates:

Romney
Perry
Pawlenty
Houseman

Lunatic fringe:

Bachmann
Palin
Paul
Santorum
Cain
Gingrich

Explain where I am wrong and why the candidate will not come from the first list

Last edited:

GOP pool of candidates

Mainstream Candidates:

Romney
Perry
Pawlenty
Houseman

Lunatic fringe:

Bachmann
Palin
Paul
Santorum
Cain
Gingrich

Explain where I anm wrong and why the candidated will not come from the first list

where you are wrong? just because you say the one's are "lunatic fringe" doesn't make it so. so there is NO reason to explain anything...:lol:

I didn't know about this part, what a tasty treat. Bachmann supports slavery, at least for black people

Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum, signed the pledge, and then immediately encountered controversy due to the resolution's original preamble language on slavery -- which has since been edited out -- stating, quite contrary to the facts, that African-American families were more secure under slavery than they are today, under an African-American president.

Romney Campaign Slams 'Undignified And Inappropriate' Marriage Pledge From Iowa Group | TPMDC

But that isn't controversial, right Stuphanie?

:rofl:

I didn't know about this part, what a tasty treat. Bachmann supports slavery, at least for black people

Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum, signed the pledge, and then immediately encountered controversy due to the resolution's original preamble language on slavery -- which has since been edited out -- stating, quite contrary to the facts, that African-American families were more secure under slavery than they are today, under an African-American president.

Romney Campaign Slams 'Undignified And Inappropriate' Marriage Pledge From Iowa Group | TPMDC

We all know which version she signed

The one where blacks were better off under slavery than under Obama

Yep, this was also discussed this morning in that other thread...

>>> http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ns-the-family-lead-pledge-34.html#post3855841

Good for him. I think we need a politician in the whitehouse who is a little bit left and a little bit right. Someone who might be able to break the impasse that is stalemating our government. Politicians are so polarized today. Who in their real life really supports every single issue down the line of either the right or left? Most of us really pull a little from each side. We need to really start making decisions on what makes sense rather that what party line says.

what is the TPMDC, something like the National Enquire?
I don't care what Romeny slams. This is a NON ISSUE for the American people, except for you lefties who don't WANT to talk about the 10% unemployment, high gas prices, high food prices, the gunrunner case under the Obama and Eric Holder.

and your play on my name is real cute. don't give up your day job to become a comedian, you would starve to death.:lol:

Another candidate, Newt Gingrich, is declining to sign the pledge for now -- instead wanting to work with the group to clarify other language in the pledge.

Gingrich is going to stand up for the institution of marriage?

I don't care what Romeny slams. This is a NON ISSUE for the American people, except for you lefties who don't WANT to talk about the 10% unemployment, high gas prices, high food prices, the gunrunner case under the Obama and Eric Holder.

and your play on my name is real cute. don't give up your day job to become a comedian, you would starve to death.:lol:

Civil rights are never a non-issue.

But you go right ahead and support Bachmann and her stupidity signing something that said blacks were better off a slaves.

:thup:

Another candidate, Newt Gingrich, is declining to sign the pledge for now -- instead wanting to work with the group to clarify other language in the pledge.

Gingrich is going to stand up for the institution of marriage?
Right alongside Bill Clinton and the Kennedy's :lol:

GOP pool of candidates

Mainstream Candidates:

Romney
Perry
Pawlenty
Houseman

Lunatic fringe:

Bachmann
Palin
Paul
Santorum
Cain
Gingrich

Explain where I anm wrong and why the candidated will not come from the first list

where you are wrong? just because you say the one's are "lunatic fringe" doesn't make it so. so there is NO reason to explain anything...:lol:

Pick a candidate from the lunatic fringe list and explain why they have a chance of getting the GOP nomination. Otherwise ....they are lunatic fringe

But you go right ahead and support Bachmann and her stupidity signing something that said blacks were better off a slaves.

wow, the pledge NOW SAYS THAT.:cuckoo: funny, each day this pledge says something new... you people crack me up.

Have you read the thing ? Ware does it advocate slavery ? This is another "mocacca" moment. It is right up there with "we need to pass it to see whats in it". Man, libs are reaching for anything.

Romney is far and away the best candidate for the GOP, with Pawlenty and Huntsman the only other really qualified candidates.
My list of candidates (I am including Perry, since I think he will run)
(1) Cain - Economic and math genius. The man is a god!
(2) Gov Perry - His success in running Texas can't be denied (unless you're a partisan liberal hack)
(3) Mitt Romney - Strong business background, moral man and successful governor

The rest blow.

Cains fear of Muslims and Sharia Law put him firmly in the nutjob category

Romney and Perry are the only available mainstream GOP candidates and will probably be the GOP ticket. We just don't know who will be Pres and who will be VP

I will admit that Cain is a longshot. Yet his justifiably stances Muslims and Sharia Law makes him a better candidate. Foolish leftist try to protect the Islamofacist, Cain won't do it! He won't bow to morons like you!

FYI - They ended up omitting that part from the pledge statement...

On Saturday, in a note forwarded to reporters by the Bachmann campaign, the group, the Family Leader, apologized for the reference.

“After careful deliberation and wise insight and input from valued colleagues we deeply respect, we agree that the statement referencing children born into slavery can be misconstrued,” said Julie Summa, a spokeswoman for the Family Leader. “We sincerely apologize for any negative feelings this has caused, and have removed the language from the vow.”

Bachmann Pledge Update: Slavery Reference Yanked - Ricochet.com

My list of candidates (I am including Perry, since I think he will run)
(1) Cain - Economic and math genius. The man is a god!
(2) Gov Perry - His success in running Texas can't be denied (unless you're a partisan liberal hack)
(3) Mitt Romney - Strong business background, moral man and successful governor

The rest blow.

Cains fear of Muslims and Sharia Law put him firmly in the nutjob category

Romney and Perry are the only available mainstream GOP candidates and will probably be the GOP ticket. We just don't know who will be Pres and who will be VP

I will admit that Cain is a longshot. Yet his justifiably stances Muslims and Sharia Law makes him a better candidate. Foolish leftist try to protect the Islamofacist, Cain won't do it! He won't bow to morons like you!

I'm sure he won't

He will stick to his prejudicial position that he will not appoint Muslims as well as his irrational fear of Sharia Law

Forum List

Back