May 26, 2011
Heavenly Places
September 18, 2012 12:00 A.M.
Romney Needs a Turnaround Artist
How about Mitt Romney?
By Mona Charen
National Review Online

Excerpt:

Neil Newhouse, Romney’s pollster, attempted to soothe worried Republicans last week by stressing that the race remains extremely close. But the fact that Romney’s pollster isn’t worried is itself worrying. By rights, Romney should be ten points ahead. His campaign seems to think the bad economy will automatically win this race for the Republican.

It isn’t as if voters are unaware that the economy stinks. Yet the morning after the Democratic convention, the dismal jobs report did not prevent Democrats from getting a bigger bounce than Republicans had received. Reflect that three and a half years of miserably high unemployment, slow growth, increasing poverty, falling labor-force participation, record-setting food-stamp dependence, and an average 5 percent decline in household income has not persuaded most voters to support Mitt Romney.

Romney Needs a Turnaround Artist - Mona Charen - National Review Online

Romney can't control his mouth or his camapign personnel. And the Republicans want this guy to run our country????

Guys, the conventions just ended. The campaign is just starting. Romney and Ryan are getting briefed on national security issues now. Which is going to make things even more interesting

Last edited:
Romney is only a few points ahead, but that is all he needs.

What amazes me is that Obama will still get 47% of the vote.

He is? Are you referencing ONLY Rasmussen? You must be as that is the ONLY national poll that shows Romney leading. Good luck with that.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Sure. Why on earth would you put weight in polls which oversample Democrats by upwards of 10%?

Shit economy and less that 50% approval for the incumbent. He is toast.

LOL

Guys, the conventions just tended. The campaign is just starting. Romney and Ryan are getting briefed on national security issues now. Which is going to make things even more interesting

Why, do you think they'll leak state secrets?

They don't need to leak state secrets. But I think being more informed than the President, who skips his briefings, is going to be a significant contrast.

'University of Colorado Professors Ken Bickers and Michael Berry have quite a set of bragging rights up their sleeve – namely, they’ve devised a mathematical model of the Electoral College that has predicted every Presidential race correctly since Ronald Reagan won the Presidency in 1980.

And despite recent polls showing the presidential race deadlocked both nationally and in key swing states, Bickers and Berry‘s model shows a race that isn’t even close. According to them, not only will Mitt Romney win, but he will win big, taking 320 Electoral Votes to President Obama’s 218 – a result almost as decisive as President Obama’s win against Senator John McCain in 2008.'

Michael Berry and Ken Bickers of the University of Colorado System Predict Romney to Win 320 Electoral Votes in November | TheBlaze.com

cha-ching

Guys, the conventions just tended. The campaign is just starting. Romney and Ryan are getting briefed on national security issues now. Which is going to make things even more interesting

They don't need to leak state secrets. But I think being more informed than the President, who skips his briefings, is going to be a significant contrast.
Is lying a Mormon tenet?

Obama didn't skip briefings, Jesus wept.

Is lying a Mormon tenet?

Sure, ignore the countless stories on that the past 2-3 weeks.

He didnt skip anything. Keep telling yourself that.

Is lying a Mormon tenet?

They are beyond lies and obfuscation, and simply deny easy, demonstrative fact.

LOL

Is lying a Mormon tenet?

Oh, I get it, you just aren't very bright. What you are talking about is a memo. It isn't a meeting. It's a memo, delivered to the President wherever he may be.

Is lying a Mormon tenet?

Oh, I get it, you just aren't very bright. What you are talking about is a memo. It isn't a meeting. It's a memo, delivered to the President wherever he may be.

The accuse your opponent of being stupid card? You really think that helps your position?

Ignoring the last 2-3 weeks of reports about Obama skipping the intelligence briefing meetings isn't going to make them less true.

The accuse your opponent of being stupid card? You really think that helps your position?

Ignoring the last 2-3 weeks of reports about Obama skipping the intelligence briefing meetings isn't going to make them less true.

You're either stupid or a liar. Obama has skipped no intelligence briefings.

Guys, the conventions just ended. The campaign is just starting. Romney and Ryan are getting briefed on national security issues now. Which is going to make things even more interesting

I realize that and still believe that Romney can and probably will win, but what's troubling is that so many will support the Messiah even after the disastrous failure of his administration. For example, we have VaYank5150 going on about who knows what. In the meantime. . .

With 23 million unemployed, a record number on food stamps, America's embassies under attack, and "Hope and Change" exposed for the charade that it always was. . . . —Charles C. W. Cooke

Every economic indicator is worse, much worse, now than when he took office. In other words, we are 6 trillion more in debt with nothing to show for it, and Obama's not talking about doing anything different, just more of the same crap.

What are these idiots thinking? What don't they understand about the successful economic policies of the 80s and 90s? Everything Obama has done, everything he represents is the exact opposite. Even Clinton knows that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back