Romney puts out new ad slamming Obama's "You didn't build that!" It's great!

They're both right really, and of course the context of Obama's statement that's being used isn't completely accurate.

Only the partisans will take one side on this issue. :thup:

I disagree, he's managed to piss off a lot of independent business owners. Telling people that risk everything they own that they didn't build their business is a pile of poop.

This wasn't too good for Obama, he forgot about TOTUS.

They're both right really, and of course the context of Obama's statement that's being used isn't completely accurate.

Oh you are full of it!

Every time a liberal's comments blow up in his face, the common refrain is "he was taken out of context."

What's out of context?

We heard exactly what Obama said.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFK2_D3aBXo]President Obama: If you've got a business -- you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen - YouTube[/ame]

There isn't ANYTHING being taken out of context. Go push that BS somewhere else!

Doesn't have to be a Liberal to be taken out of context, remember, I'm not a partisan hack.

Early indications place that in the false category.

These Hands - YouTube

Romney also did something with four small business owners, and one of them put it best:

"If roads, bridges, and sidewalks were the reason my business is a success, then ALL Businesses would be a success, because they all have road, bridges, and sidewalks."

But that isn't the case. It's hard WORK and risk that makes a business a success.

Obama who hasn't had a real job in his LIFE, sits in judgement of those who do? And he's backed up by union thugs who have never worked in the private sector IN THEIR LIVES!

I love it! It's about time Romney got a clue about who Obama is and started fighting back!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

What's frightening is that there are too many out there who believe like Obama does. Remember Elizabeth Warren laying down the whole "you owe government you didn't do it yourself" mantra?

Republicans pouncing on Obama's 'you didn't build that' remark - latimes.com

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help,” Obama said. “There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

prove the business owners built the roads and bridges you lying sacks of shit

Last edited:
Anyone listen to the rest of the ads in that video? They are good. Particularly Florida's. His ad's certainly broadcast more integrity and are more presidential.

You are setting a false bar. Yes Society, even Government builds Infrastructure. There is discovery, Invention, that we all benefit from. I thank God for it every day. Taking credit for things one had no part in, is a sham. Should we now bow to the Alter of Government in thanks for the Roads we paid for, Electricity, in door plumbing, Cable TV and the Internet? Society played a role, Government played a role, Individual Merit and ingenuity played a role.

There is Divine Inspiration, Vision, do you want to tax and take credit for these too??? I think that Government needs to stand more out of the way, and further, show cause, when it needs to intervene, while knowing it's limits. You have a problem with that? .... Good. You need to get checked. ;)

The part in bold is basically my point.

Nobody does anything without help of some kind, which is Obama's point. But as Romney said, having those things doesn't promise a successful business either.

So they're both correct in a way.

His point? I understood every word out of his piehole. There's no grey area about what his point was, peckerhead.

I don't know how anyone can take "you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen" out of freaking context.

It's a direct put down.

Oh you are full of it!

Every time a liberal's comments blow up in his face, the common refrain is "he was taken out of context."

What's out of context?

President Obama: If you've got a business -- you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen - YouTube

There isn't ANYTHING being taken out of context. Go push that BS somewhere else!

Doesn't have to be a Liberal to be taken out of context, remember, I'm not a partisan hack.

Early indications place that in the false category.

Cool, let's argue about where I stand politically, bigderp1775 had such a hard time of it last week he had to put me on ignore...probably because he's a little partisan bitch.

These Hands - YouTube

Romney also did something with four small business owners, and one of them put it best:

"If roads, bridges, and sidewalks were the reason my business is a success, then ALL Businesses would be a success, because they all have road, bridges, and sidewalks."

But that isn't the case. It's hard WORK and risk that makes a business a success.

Obama who hasn't had a real job in his LIFE, sits in judgement of those who do? And he's backed up by union thugs who have never worked in the private sector IN THEIR LIVES!

I love it! It's about time Romney got a clue about who Obama is and started fighting back!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

why did this asshole lying add chop the fuck out of what Obama said?

The part in bold is basically my point.

Nobody does anything without help of some kind, which is Obama's point. But as Romney said, having those things doesn't promise a successful business either.

So they're both correct in a way.

His point? I understood every word out of his piehole. There's no grey area about what his point was, peckerhead.

I don't know how anyone can take "you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen" out of freaking context.

It's a direct put down.

Because the "you didn't build that" referred to the infrastructure system that enabled new business to have a place to potentially thrive, which is found in the previous sentence that doesn't get much play.

But again, it's as much about the actual business and how they plot their path.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politic...120718,0,4148346.story?track=rss&dlvrit=56325

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help,” Obama said. “There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

because the republican party cant win if they tell the truth

For as long as you live you should never forget this one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYY73RO_egw]Michelle Obama: First Time proud of USA - YouTube[/ame]

Oh you are full of it!

What's out of context?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFK2_D3aBXo"]President Obama: If you've got a business -- you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen - YouTube[/ame]

Oh bullshit you are not!

The only one you are fooling with that BS is yourself!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back