Romney: President for the 1%. What about the 99%. Don't they count?

One thing Romney will get around to, it used to be that banks acted as a middle man supplying guaranteed student loans. They got the interest and if the student defaulted, they got paid by the government. So there was no risk anywhere and government was footing the bill.

Democrats, when they had the majority, moved that to the government who now gets the interest so money is actually "coming into" the system. Much of this "new money" coming into the system funds the Pell Grants. This has Republican furious. They want the banks back as the middle men to fleece the American people. For a party that wants to cut government spending, they think of more ways to fleece the Middle Class. How odd is that?

Student loans: GOP filibuster blocks Senate move to freeze low rates - CSMonitor.com

Like I said, for a party that wants to save the American people money, they sure think of a lot of ways to squeeze money out of those very same people.

I'm interested in Romney's spin on this. I thought his support of raising class size was hilarious.

Clearly, Romney would be the president for the 1%. He wants to cut their taxes. Help them in any way he can.

What about the rest of the country? His views on education, infrastructure, jobs, healthcare and so on are terrible for the 99%.

So we should support the 1% and no one else. And before you right wingers ask "what policies", you had better find out. Tell us what you THINK they are so we have something to discuss. Tired of having to teach.

No doubt Papa Obama
will enjoy having Mitt as President

1_percent.jpg

Thats because he worked so hard the first decade or so in his life that he could devote his time to public service.

I would also point out that he also engaged in public service during his time building businesses when he was a Bishop and Stake President.

He worked so hard? In an air conditioned office? That's hard?

Define "grounded". Hope it doesn't include the family pet.

It means he's firmly in touch with reality. It's a good place to be rdean.

You mean in the reality he imagines? The reality of hundreds of millions of dollars and car elevators and "I like to fire people" and a hundred million dollar trust fund and overseas accounts? You don't actually believe he has a clue about how the middle class live, do you? You can't possibly really believe that. That's simply too much of a stretch.

You mean in the reality he imagines? The reality of hundreds of millions of dollars and car elevators and "I like to fire people" and a hundred million dollar trust fund and overseas accounts? You don't actually believe he has a clue about how the middle class live, do you? You can't possibly really believe that. That's simply too much of a stretch.

I dont think he divides people up into classes, despite the rhetoric.

About 10% of the 99% cannot count.

Was talking with a middle aged man who did not appear stupid the other day and he could not understand the difference between ounces of weight and fluid ounces.
I threw volume into the discussion and his eyes just rolled around for a few seconds :)

Guess he was thinking about sound on the TV?

Last edited:
Clearly, Romney would be the president for the 1%. He wants to cut their taxes. Help them in any way he can.

What about the rest of the country? His views on education, infrastructure, jobs, healthcare and so on are terrible for the 99%.

So we should support the 1% and no one else. And before you right wingers ask "what policies", you had better find out. Tell us what you THINK they are so we have something to discuss. Tired of having to teach.

No doubt Papa Obama

1_percent.jpg

Obama had student loans which he paid off and at one time was on food stamps. Nice to see he's such a success after years of hard work. He did it all without family connections or business connections. You have to admire him for that.

UPDATE Comrades

Stand Down- Bains Good Now:

Papa Obama is keeping the cash he got from Bains Capital

Though the Obama campaign has repeatedly attacked Mitt Romney for his career at Bain Capital, President Obama still accepted $7,500 in campaign contributions from three Bain executives. His campaign press secretary, Ben LaBolt told The Politicker the president has no intention of giving the money back.

I dont think he divides people up into classes, despite the rhetoric.

I don't think? That means you're guessing. Simply the fact of his cruel jokes proves he's not one of us. That's how I see it.

No doubt Papa Obama

1_percent.jpg

Obama had student loans which he paid off and at one time was on food stamps. Nice to see he's such a success after years of hard work. He did it all without family connections or business connections. You have to admire him for that.

Just racial quotas
:eusa_whistle:

And family illness, a church that encourages help for the poor, plus a personal life untouched by drug abuse, adultery, and gambling. Attack his policies, yes. But the man himself shows nothing that is not decent. Firing incompetent or lazy employees is not a minus.

He did it all without family connections or business connections? Really? Then I take it you are unfamiliar with his mentors friend (who just happens to be Bill Ayer's father) helped him all those years?

UPDATE Comrades

Though the Obama campaign has repeatedly attacked Mitt Romney for his career at Bain Capital, President Obama still accepted $7,500 in campaign contributions from three Bain executives. His campaign press secretary, Ben LaBolt told The Politicker the president has no intention of giving the money back.

Did you read your link? It said that he got money from three people who worked there. Different than getting money from the company itself. The title of the link was misleading.

This reminds of "Trajan" who printed a list of Obama's biggest contributors. Then you read the link and it says, "The organizations themselves did not donate". Then it goes on to say the donations came from people who where their and their family members.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...onaires-behind-mitt-romney-2.html#post5335891

Then in the same thread, they start in on George Clooney. Then I say:

First, George isn't trying to hide who he is.

Second, the press was invited so no one at the fundraiser was "hiding".

Third, the amount was actually about 15 million, but most of it came from an "online raffle" where people bought 15 dollar tickets and the winners went to the fundraiser.

Why don't Republicans do stuff like that? Instead of secret and hidden donations from billionaires? Bring it out into the open. Let everyone see. Like the abortionist who is giving fundraisers for Mitt (eventually, the right will pay close attention to this. I wouldn't be surprised if Mitt weren't forced to give the money back.)

And family illness, a church that encourages help for the poor, plus a personal life untouched by drug abuse, adultery, and gambling. Attack his policies, yes. But the man himself shows nothing that is not decent. Firing incompetent or lazy employees is not a minus.

The idea that we shouldnt fire people who provide bad service is absolutely insane. It's exactly what's wrong with this nation. If someone doesn't provide the goods and services you request, you should be free to take your business somewhere else and employ a different person to serve your needs.

The dirty little secret in the world is that most money is made through serving your fellow man. It's when people start trying to do it through dishonest means that economies collapse.

He did it all without family connections or business connections? Really? Then I take it you are unfamiliar with his mentors friend (who just happens to be Bill Ayer's father) helped him all those years?

Mentor? That's something made up by the right wing. It's simply not true. Why do you think Obama needed a "mentor" what ever that means? I never had one. If he did, I suspect it more likely one of his college professors and probably someone who is black. Just guessing.

The idea that we shouldnt fire people who provide bad service is absolutely insane. It's exactly what's wrong with this nation. If someone doesn't provide the goods and services you request, you should be free to take your business somewhere else and employ a different person to serve your needs.

The dirty little secret in the world is that most money is made through serving your fellow man. It's when people start trying to do it through dishonest means that economies collapse.

You can fire people who provide bad service. But who "likes" to fire people? Someone with hundreds of millions of dollars no doubt.

UPDATE Comrades

Did you read your link? It said that he got money from three people who worked there. Different than getting money from the company itself. The title of the link was misleading.

This reminds of "Trajan" who printed a list of Obama's biggest contributors. Then you read the link and it says, "The organizations themselves did not donate". Then it goes on to say the donations came from people who where their and their family members.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...onaires-behind-mitt-romney-2.html#post5335891

Third, the amount was actually about 15 million, but most of it came from an "online raffle" where people bought 15 dollar tickets and the winners went to the fundraiser.

Why don't Republicans do stuff like that? Instead of secret and hidden donations from billionaires? Bring it out into the open. Let everyone see. Like the abortionist who is giving fundraisers for Mitt (eventually, the right will pay close attention to this. I wouldn't be surprised if Mitt weren't forced to give the money back.)

You mean three Bain executives, sure

The hypocrisy remains the same
and your poor defense of it
Sorry that is just the way it

The lefts poor attempts at class division are not working
It might be time to pull out the race card or

We can talk about how Romney would not take nap time in preschool

CBS:Bain attacks aren’t damaging Romney or Class division not working, how about race?

President Obama is losing ground in the latest polls to Republican challenger Mitt Romney, who’s pushing back against Democrats criticizing his business experience.

As the president has stepped up his attacks on Romney and his record at the private equity firm Bain Capital, Romney has indicated, during this crucial period to define himself to the electorate, he is not going to take the attacks lying down.

“He just doesn’t have a clue what to do to get this economy going. I do,” Romney asserted in an interview with Mark Halperin, of Time magazine.

Romney responded aggressively Wednesday to the Obama campaign’s attack on his work as CEO of Bain Capital and questions about his qualifications to be president.

In the Time interview, Romney turned the tables, almost scoffing at Mr. Obama’s qualifications when he ran for president in 2008.

“Right now,” Romney told Halperin, “we have an economy in trouble, and someone who’s spent their career in the economy is more suited to help fix the economy than someone who’s spent his life in politics and as a community organizer.”

Last edited:

Mentor? That's something made up by the right wing. It's simply not true. Why do you think Obama needed a "mentor" what ever that means? I never had one. If he did, I suspect it more likely one of his college professors and probably someone who is black. Just guessing.

So the right wing made up the existance of Frank Marshall Davis and somehow convinced Barack Obama to mention the time he spend with him in his book "Dreams from my Father"? Is that really the argument you are going with?

Not having a mentor explains alot btw.

You can fire people who provide bad service. But who "likes" to fire people? Someone with hundreds of millions of dollars no doubt.

No one said they liked to fire people. The fact that you can't be honest about what he actually said in the quote tells me that you know you have a weak argument.

your such an asshole Dean....you do the same fucking thing......

Just stupid slogans.

New Topics

Forum List

Back