Romney polling better than Obama in IL?

I don't for one second believe that Obama will lose Illinois. However, I will note the following inconvenient truths for you and his other supporters. Obama's campaign ran a deficit last month. They aren't taking in the money they need. Meanwhile Romney is raising millions hand over fist even in traditionally Democratic leaning cities. Obama's audiences are shrinking at his events while Romney's are gaining.

Now, you guys can sit there and cite the Real Clear Politics polling average a hundred times a day if you want, but all of us, including you, know what is happening out there, even if you refuse to admit it yourself.

I suspect the rationale behind him losing is accurate; downstaters have to be fed up with the crap flowing out of Chicago; it doesn't represent their values .... At all. what they see is so out of phase with their values that even his claim to be a son of Illinois is blatantly false. He's a Chicago politician, and little else. They probably would like to see this evil quashed and they can help get it done, even some of the not-so-downstate (Will/Joliet for one) counties might rebel.

Edit: The TPM is imbedded in the hinterlands of Illinois.

Last edited:

I don't for one second believe that Obama will lose Illinois. However, I will note the following inconvenient truths for you and his other supporters. Obama's campaign ran a deficit last month. They aren't taking in the money they need. Meanwhile Romney is raising millions hand over fist even in traditionally Democratic leaning cities. Obama's audiences are shrinking at his events while Romney's are gaining.

Now, you guys can sit there and cite the Real Clear Politics polling average a hundred times a day if you want, but all of us, including you, know what is happening out there, even if you refuse to admit it yourself.

I am not sure I believe he will lose IL either. But the fact that he is polling badly there in any poll makes me wonder. He really is spending more money than he is taking in. And that will effect that campaign. He is attracting less and less people.

I dont think the public polls are being completely honest with what's actually going on. It would explain why his campaign was requesting local radio stations in NM to let Obama come on with soft ball questions. He won that state by 15 points. My guess is his internals are saying something far diffferent than what we have.

I suspect the rationale behind him losing is accurate; downstaters have to be fed up with the crap flowing out of Chicago; it doesn't represent their values .... At all. what they see is so out of phase with their values that even his claim to be a son of Illinois is blatantly false. He's a Chicago politician, and little else. The probably would like to see this evil quashed and they can help get it done, even some of the not-so-downstate (Will/Joliet for one) counties might rebel.

What if the Chicago machine is discouraged by the lack of an economic turnaround? How do you think that would effect the results in the state?

Hmmm....... 7, 15, and 21. For President Obama. Wouldn't Romney like some bad polls like that.

Chicago Tribune

2/2 - 2/6

600 RV

Obama +21

The Simon Poll/SIU

10/11 - 10/16

1000 RV

Obama +7

FOX Chicago/WAA

9/28 - 9/28

1815 RV

Obama +15

No.

This was already knocked down in another thread. The President is NOT losing Illinois and the Daily Caller is horseshit.

That big-money donors are giving more to Mitt? No surprise there.

I suspect the rationale behind him losing is accurate; downstaters have to be fed up with the crap flowing out of Chicago; it doesn't represent their values .... At all. what they see is so out of phase with their values that even his claim to be a son of Illinois is blatantly false. He's a Chicago politician, and little else. The probably would like to see this evil quashed and they can help get it done, even some of the not-so-downstate (Will/Joliet for one) counties might rebel.

What if the Chicago machine is discouraged by the lack of an economic turnaround? How do you think that would effect the results in the state?

because they know that the obstructionist house prevented any real movement economically.

because they know that the obstructionist house prevented any real movement economically.

Yeah. They obstructed so much that they only left over a dozen bills on Harry Reids desk.

Forum List

Back