Romney pointed at Coal Plant and said, "This plant kills people".

Leave it to RDean and Obama to talk out of context like they always do.

Still waiting for RDean the liar to support his other claims I have nailed him on...he's not returned to the thread (his own) since. He's a coward.

Romney called this plant a dirty plant because it apparently lacked some air pollution equipment.

Imagine that.

You can be after a plant that does not have the right emission controls and still be for coal.

But RDean is to stupid (not to mention having his head up Stephanie Cutter's ass....no wonder she always has that stupid smile on her face) to know that difference.

And JimH0.52 is his understudy.

What context does this make sense in.

Here's the reality.

When Mitt Romney was a politician in Massachusetts, he was all for the Hippy, left wing causes. He denouced Reagan, signed gun bans, supported abortion rights, supported gay marriage, (his state being the first to legalize it), and, yes, he was anti-coal and anti-pollution.

And now he's for the oppossite of that, because that was the only way he could win the nomination. If he were a liberal Mormon who was honest about being a liberal, he'd have been eliminated faster than Jon Huntsman.

Now, you can pretend this isn't the case. You can even let your hatred for Obama let you say, "Well, he was just saying what he had do say."

But frankly, what I respected about Reagan is that he stood by what he believed. He comprimised when he had to, but he had principles. And so does Obama. Might not agree with him, but he's a man of his word.

Romney seems to lack those qualities.
Might not agree with him, but he's a man of his word.

Obama is?.....like how he said he wont mess with the Medical Pot places here in Cal.....but yet the feds are fucking with them.....he said 3 times that i heard when he was running the first time....in MY administration Retirees will not pay federal taxes on the first 30 thousand dollars of their pensions so it will help them pay for stuff they need,like Prescription drugs.....i havent even heard him mention this since he has been elected....Obama is like every other Politician of today....they cant be trusted ......

In the War on Coal – It's Grundy vs Obama

Written By : Matt Vespa
October 17, 2012

In another episode in the annals of the Obama administration’s war on coal, the town of Grundy, Virginia is being denied its right to indulge in the American dream. They want to expand their small air field, so they can accommodate private jets since its an area for potential economic development. The problem is that a portion of the runway expansion lies on top of coal. Hence, this story – and many others like it – are critical as Grundy is in the heart of coal country.

Grundy is about an hour an a half from Abingdon and rests between the three-way border of Kentucky, West Virginia and Virginia. This area could be critical in deciding the upcoming presidential election. The federal quarantine on Grundy’s economic plans has been going on for three years according to Debra McCown of the Bristol Herald Courier, who reported on this development for The Washington Times. That’s just around the time when the Obama administration stopped issuing coal permits.

McCown wrote yesterday that “Donnie Rife is chairman of the Dickenson County Board of Supervisors and a member of the Breaks Regional Airport Authority, the regional entity working on the project… said it might be tough to explain the nuances to federal regulators, but ‘there’s a huge difference in mining coal and building an airport…mining is involved, he said, because the area’s severe topography makes construction impossible otherwise in the hilly terrain. The original airport was built on a piece of land made flat by surface mining by United Coal Co., which gave the land to Grundy.”

Much more @ In the War on Coal

I may be naive but I don't think a Romney administration would try to destroy a town like this. As sad as this story is, it is an omen that a lot of unhappy Obama voters are either going to stay home or will vote for the governor.

Flipper Mitt and Obama have been on both sides of so many issues, You Tube is running out of space to archive them.

Vote for the Constitution and vote for Gary Johnson!

"Clean coal technology" describes a new generation of energy processes that sharply reduce air emissions and other pollutants from coal-burning power plants.

In the late 1980s and early 1990s, the U.S. Department of Energy conducted a joint program with industry and State agencies to demonstrate the best of these new technologies at scales large enough for companies to make commercial decisions. More than 20 of the technologies tested in the original program achieved commercial success.

The early program, however, was focused on the environmental challenges of the time - primarily concerns over the impact of acid rain on forests and watersheds. In the 21st century, additional environmental concerns have emerged - the potential health impacts of trace emissions of mercury, the effects of microscopic particles on people with respiratory problems, and the potential global climate-altering impact of greenhouse gases.

With coal likely to remain one of the nation's lowest-cost electric power sources for the foreseeable future, the United States has pledged a new commitment to even more advanced clean coal technologies.

Building on the successes of the original program, the new clean coal initiative encompasses a broad spectrum of research and large-scale projects that target today's most pressing environmental challenges.

The Clean Coal Power Initiative is providing government co-financing for new coal technologies that can help utilities cut sulfur, nitrogen and mercury pollutants from power plants. Also, some of the early projects are showing ways to reduce greenhouse emissions by boosting the efficiency by which coal plants convert coal to electricity or other energy forms.

DOE - Fossil Energy: DOE's Clean Coal Technology Program

He clearly states it needs cleaning up by 2004. Nothing wrong with that or the use of coal when mined or used properly. Romney was right on point.
The left.. famous for spin and lies.

This goes against everything Ayn Rand stood for!!! :mad: Yet the Rightie sheeple will line up right behind mitt like good Establishment puppets

Last edited:
So, Rderp is in favor of pollution. Got it.

dumb ass...

from the OP link...

So, according to Politifact, you have a plant operating unsafely, and then-Gov. Romney was taking steps to bring it up to speed safety-wise, or shut it down... and Rderp disapproves.

How many dead people would you have preferred there by, Derpshit?

Republicans are the ones against regulations. Not me.

You do know the Senate Republicans introduced a bill to abolish the EPA?

Republicans are against EXCESSIVE regulations, not ones like Romney put in place in MA that would have kept the plant in question safely operating and employing people.

You are obviously against reasonable regulations like those Romney put in place in MA, that would save lives... therefore you are in favor of pollution that kills people.

Senator Burr introduced a bill to consolidate the EPA and the Dept. of Energy, dumb ass... not eliminate the EPA. You are such a bad lair.

Richard Burr, United States Senator of North Carolina: Press Releases
Today, U.S. Senator Richard Burr (R-North Carolina) introduced a bill that would consolidate the Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency into a single, new agency called the Department of Energy and Environment (DOEE).

The bill would provide cost savings by combining duplicative functions while improving the administration of energy and environmental policies by ensuring a coordinated approach.

5 seconds on GOOGLE would have shown you you were full of shit on that, Derpshit.:lol:

Department of Energy and Environment? And you don't see a problem with this?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...says-romney-once-said-coal-burning-plant-kil/

Romney accused Obama of stifling domestic production and said he would champion the oil and coal industries. Obama fired back that Romney hasn’t always been such a proponent of coal.

Romney in 2003: "I Will Not Create Jobs That Kill People" - YouTube

Obama said Romney has changed his tune about coal, claiming that in Massachusetts he "stood in front of a coal plant and pointed at it and said, ‘This plant kills.’"

We rate his statement True.

------------------------------------------

It's kind of hard to rate something one way if there is "video". Like when Romney said "Cut government workers he identified as "Police, Firemen and Teachers"." He wasn't kidding.

Or the 47% video that went on in great detail for 40 minutes.

So, Rderp is in favor of pollution. Got it.

dumb ass...

from the OP link...
The Salem Harbor Power Station

Back on Feb. 5, 2003, Romney made several statements during a showdown over the future of the controversial, coal-burning Salem Harbor Power Station, in the Boston area.

A couple of years earlier, Massachusetts had passed new rules to reduce power plant emissions of nitrogen oxide, sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide and mercury, to be phased in over several years. The mercury standard would not be finalized until 2004. As governor, Romney supported the rules, as he made clear repeatedly.

Massachusetts singled out its most egregious polluters as the "Filthy Five" plants, including Salem Harbor. Public health and environmental scientists at Harvard studied the emissions from two of the plants in 2000 and concluded that Salem Harbor was responsible for 53 deaths, 570 emergency room visits, 14,400 asthma attacks and 99,000 incidents of upper respiratory symptoms -- all per year.

Local residents and others who wanted to keep the Salem Harbor plant open (for jobs and tax revenues) disputed those figures, saying they resulted from unproven modeling. It turned out that the Harvard scientists had revised their figures in 2002, putting premature deaths from Salem Harbor’s pollution at 30 per year and reducing the number of emergency room visits to 400 and the asthma attacks at 2,000, according to the Boston Globe and the Boston Herald.

But the scientists stood by the broader conclusion -- that emissions from dirty power plants can be deadly. The Harvard methodology has now been widely replicated and is respected by health scientists, according to several environmental authorities we spoke with. Romney appeared to accept their findings, too.

The spat with Salem Harbor turned into a testy exchange after Salem Harbor’s then-owner, Pacific Gas and Electric, sought an extension until 2006 to comply with Massachusetts’ emissions rules -- and plant supporters showed up to to demand that the governor back off. Romney was adamant that the company comply by 2004 and appeared at a press conference near the plant to emphasize the point.

So, according to Politifact, you have a plant operating unsafely, and then-Gov. Romney was taking steps to bring it up to speed safety-wise, or shut it down... and Rderp disapproves.

How many dead people would you have preferred there by, Derpshit?

I once wrote on this very site about China being number one in the world in birth defects and we know if we start getting rid of environmental regulations we will see birth defects go up. Someone here at the USMB said that you have to break a few eggs if you want to create jobs. So I asked, "Does that include birth defects?" and whoever it was I was talking to said, "Of course". So I asked if they minded one of their kids having a birth defect in the name of "jobs". They wrote back outraged they never want one of their children to have a birth defect and I was scum for attacking their family.

Now remember, this person said you have to break a few eggs for jobs but they didn't want their family affected. This sounds very much like a Mitt Romney Republican.

Willard can say anything he wants, and cons will vote for him anyway.

Absolutely true. They're pathetic, really. I mean the dude shows a mean fucking moderate streak of which they'd crucify anybody else for... but because he's their only hope they have to get on their knees and suck his dick, and do it for the long haul.

Obama can say anything he wants ....and Junky and Dean will vote for him anyway......they are afraid if they question him.....someone will say they are racist....cant have that....just let him do what he wants....

Absolutely true. They're pathetic, really. I mean the dude shows a mean fucking moderate streak of which they'd crucify anybody else for... but because he's their only hope they have to get on their knees and suck his dick, and do it for the long haul.

is that kinda like the way your on your knees sucking Obamas?..........

Am I?

like I said earlier today, he was the very last guy they wanted and now they are falling over each other to sing his RINO praises :clap2: :lol:

Am I?

well lets put it like this......i cant see his Dick because your heads in the way....

like I said earlier today, he was the very last guy they wanted and now they are falling over each other to sing his RINO praises :clap2: :lol:
Who gives a shit.......OBama sucks.....Romney isnt conservative enough for me, but hes way more conservatvei than Obama.....maybe get your mouth off Obama's balls once in a while

Who gives a shit.......OBama sucks.....Romney isnt conservative enough for me, but hes way more conservatvei than Obama.....maybe get your mouth off Obama's balls once in a while

What aspect of Romney is way more conservative? All the bullshit that he spoonfeeds you to raise your support like the little good sheeple you are, or the record he's had in being a VERY incredibly moderate leader in his actions and his words.

I'd say he(the real romney, not all this fake shit he does to make you like him) and Obama are really close in ideology.

ummm..... he's whatever you want him to be to get elected. You seriously don't know that by now? He's a "severe" conservative lol

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...says-romney-once-said-coal-burning-plant-kil/

Romney accused Obama of stifling domestic production and said he would champion the oil and coal industries. Obama fired back that Romney hasn’t always been such a proponent of coal.

Romney in 2003: "I Will Not Create Jobs That Kill People" - YouTube

Obama said Romney has changed his tune about coal, claiming that in Massachusetts he "stood in front of a coal plant and pointed at it and said, ‘This plant kills.’"

We rate his statement True.

------------------------------------------

It's kind of hard to rate something one way if there is "video". Like when Romney said "Cut government workers he identified as "Police, Firemen and Teachers"." He wasn't kidding.

Or the 47% video that went on in great detail for 40 minutes.

If elected. MitWit will have a new cabinet position to fill -

The Royal Keeper of The Lying Flip Flopper

Every day, that person's job will be to announce that "what Willard the Rat meant to say ... "

Forum List

Back