Romney pointed at Coal Plant and said, "This plant kills people".

If Obama had been standing at the plant and made that statement, and if Romney had made the claim about Obama's position, then PolitiFact would have rated the claim half true. They would have pointed out that Obama was speaking specifically about that plant, based on known facts about that plant, and was not speaking of coal in general.

Exactly.

Republicans are the ones against regulations. Not me.

You do know the Senate Republicans introduced a bill to abolish the EPA?

Strawman, you asswipe.

You can't sustain your argument.

You fucking idiot. You don't know how to use Google do you?

I thought you were pretty damn stupid, but now you have proven it to everyone.

Go to "Google" and do a search on "senate republicans propose to abolish the epa" and pick your "source" because so many have written about it. If you have any more problems, go to Youtube and ask the same question about Republican Presidential Nominees.

We are going to educate you if we have to ram it down your throat sideways. Stupid is a state we can cure. We do it with knowledge and education.

You are the moron here you miserable butt-nugget. I'm not googling anything. You are deflecting the argument to another point because you can't sustain your stupid-assed initial assertion. The GOP wanting to get rid of the EPA has nothing to do with the fact that:

Romney can say a plant kills people (based on the evidence of the time)

Romney can still be for clean coal or any kind of coal he wants.

You lost dickweed. You are correct that stupid is a state and you are the governor.

Pull your head out of your ass and realize that people around here are laughing at you even though it is probably because your medications are failing you that you look so retarded.

Stay with the original premise.....

Educate ? ROTFLMAO

The mormon church spent 20 million fighting prop 8.

There have been various estimates of monies donated to the "Yes on 8" campaign by LDS Church members, ranging from $14 to $20 million. No firm figures are available because the State of California does not request or record the religion of donors.

Mormonism and politics/California Proposition 8 - FAIRMormon

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclie...fc9cab2f77850f&bpcl=35440803&biw=1629&bih=879

Mormon Church Tries to Resurrect Its Image, Spends Millions to Repair Prop 8 Damage - salt lake city lawyers and other legal services - backpage.com

There have been reports that the Mormon Church has lost tens of thousands of members in California and other Western states over Prop 8, and that many highly educated Mormons have resigned from the Church. I have also heard that Mormon Church buildings are closing.

This hasn't happened since the 1970's, when they led the national opposition to another social justice issue, the Equal Rights Amendment. The ERA would have expanded the rights of women 35 years ago, when they were fighting for equal recognition under the law.

The Mormon Church's image also suffered greatly in the 1960's because of its long-held practice of vilifying African Americans and not allowing them Church membership. It wasn't until the United States Justice Department threatened a Federal lawsuit, that they relented and allowed African Americans to join the priesthood. The Mormon Church has faced image problems before, but not to this extent.

Same links I posted before.

Next!

Sorry dickweed...you said he mormon church...not members of the mormon church.

Big difference...big lie.

BTW: what does the membership change and image of the church have to do with anything that I stated ? Answer: nothing. Does this just give you that Chris Matthews tingle down your leg when you post a lot of irrelevant crap ?

Members of the Mormon Church can throw away 20 million. It was the church. Learn to use Google. Even church members didn't like their tithes to be used in such a way.

I don't run away from you. I just get bored with stupid. You don't know anything. You don't think. You don't know how to look anything up. You believe in crazy. You are just a waste of time and air. Don't get mad at me. You're the one who is ignorant. You don't have evidence. Who even knows what your rant is about most of the time? And worst of all is your favorite color:

butter.jpg

Strawman, you asswipe.

You can't sustain your argument.

Go to "Google" and do a search on "senate republicans propose to abolish the epa" and pick your "source" because so many have written about it. If you have any more problems, go to Youtube and ask the same question about Republican Presidential Nominees.

We are going to educate you if we have to ram it down your throat sideways. Stupid is a state we can cure. We do it with knowledge and education.

You are the moron here you miserable butt-nugget. I'm not googling anything. You are deflecting the argument to another point because you can't sustain your stupid-assed initial assertion. The GOP wanting to get rid of the EPA has nothing to do with the fact that:

You lost dickweed. You are correct that stupid is a state and you are the governor.

Pull your head out of your ass and realize that people around here are laughing at you even though it is probably because your medications are failing you that you look so retarded.

Educate ? ROTFLMAO

I know you aren't going to "Google". You don't know how.

"Clean Coal" is not clean and still pollutes heavily, idiots.

You'd have to be a mother fucking idiot to believe it is clean and doesn't pollute very much at all.

So which of you assholes are willing to quote me and prove you are a mother fucking idiot?

I am a retired power plant engineer who worked at both nuclear power plants and coal-fired power plants.

YOU are the "mother fucking idiot". You know LESS THAN NOTHING about coal-fired power plants.

Stay in your own lane, "Skeeter". :eusa_hand:

Then you must be a fucking idiot at what you fucking did as a career.

Please tell me how clean coal addresses the issue of radionuclides? How does it reduce them to the level that you would consider it to be "clean"?

How about the mercury? Please tell me how clean coal has so wonderfully eliminated the problem of mercury contamination from nuclear power plants.

You god damn, mother fucking cocksuckers are so hell bent on attacking Compact Fluorescent Light-bulbs because they will spill mercury and mercury vapor into the environment, but when it comes to coal plants you guys are all "OH YEAH NOTHING TO FUCKING WORRY ABOUT WITH COAL PLANTS BEING ONE OF THE LARGEST CAUSES OF MERCURY RELEASED INTO THE ENVIRONMENT IN THIS COUNTRY!"

How many fucking "Purple Mountains Majesty" are you willing to flatten?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...says-romney-once-said-coal-burning-plant-kil/

Romney accused Obama of stifling domestic production and said he would champion the oil and coal industries. Obama fired back that Romney hasn’t always been such a proponent of coal.

Romney in 2003: "I Will Not Create Jobs That Kill People" - YouTube

Obama said Romney has changed his tune about coal, claiming that in Massachusetts he "stood in front of a coal plant and pointed at it and said, ‘This plant kills.’"

We rate his statement True.

------------------------------------------

It's kind of hard to rate something one way if there is "video". Like when Romney said "Cut government workers he identified as "Police, Firemen and Teachers"." He wasn't kidding.

Or the 47% video that went on in great detail for 40 minutes.

So, Rderp is in favor of pollution. Got it.

dumb ass...

from the OP link...
The Salem Harbor Power Station

Back on Feb. 5, 2003, Romney made several statements during a showdown over the future of the controversial, coal-burning Salem Harbor Power Station, in the Boston area.

A couple of years earlier, Massachusetts had passed new rules to reduce power plant emissions of nitrogen oxide, sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide and mercury, to be phased in over several years. The mercury standard would not be finalized until 2004. As governor, Romney supported the rules, as he made clear repeatedly.

Massachusetts singled out its most egregious polluters as the "Filthy Five" plants, including Salem Harbor. Public health and environmental scientists at Harvard studied the emissions from two of the plants in 2000 and concluded that Salem Harbor was responsible for 53 deaths, 570 emergency room visits, 14,400 asthma attacks and 99,000 incidents of upper respiratory symptoms -- all per year.

Local residents and others who wanted to keep the Salem Harbor plant open (for jobs and tax revenues) disputed those figures, saying they resulted from unproven modeling. It turned out that the Harvard scientists had revised their figures in 2002, putting premature deaths from Salem Harbor’s pollution at 30 per year and reducing the number of emergency room visits to 400 and the asthma attacks at 2,000, according to the Boston Globe and the Boston Herald.

But the scientists stood by the broader conclusion -- that emissions from dirty power plants can be deadly. The Harvard methodology has now been widely replicated and is respected by health scientists, according to several environmental authorities we spoke with. Romney appeared to accept their findings, too.

The spat with Salem Harbor turned into a testy exchange after Salem Harbor’s then-owner, Pacific Gas and Electric, sought an extension until 2006 to comply with Massachusetts’ emissions rules -- and plant supporters showed up to to demand that the governor back off. Romney was adamant that the company comply by 2004 and appeared at a press conference near the plant to emphasize the point.

So, according to Politifact, you have a plant operating unsafely, and then-Gov. Romney was taking steps to bring it up to speed safety-wise, or shut it down... and Rderp disapproves.

How many dead people would you have preferred there by, Derpshit?

Republicans are against EXCESSIVE regulations, not ones like Romney put in place in MA that would have kept the plant in question safely operating and employing people.

You are obviously against reasonable regulations like those Romney put in place in MA, that would save lives... therefore you are in favor of pollution that kills people.

Senator Burr introduced a bill to consolidate the EPA and the Dept. of Energy, dumb ass... not eliminate the EPA. You are such a bad lair.

Richard Burr, United States Senator of North Carolina: Press Releases
Today, U.S. Senator Richard Burr (R-North Carolina) introduced a bill that would consolidate the Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency into a single, new agency called the Department of Energy and Environment (DOEE).

The bill would provide cost savings by combining duplicative functions while improving the administration of energy and environmental policies by ensuring a coordinated approach.

5 seconds on GOOGLE would have shown you you were full of shit on that, Derpshit.:lol:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...says-romney-once-said-coal-burning-plant-kil/

Romney accused Obama of stifling domestic production and said he would champion the oil and coal industries. Obama fired back that Romney hasn’t always been such a proponent of coal.

Obama said Romney has changed his tune about coal, claiming that in Massachusetts he "stood in front of a coal plant and pointed at it and said, ‘This plant kills.’"

It's kind of hard to rate something one way if there is "video". Like when Romney said "Cut government workers he identified as "Police, Firemen and Teachers"." He wasn't kidding.

Another Obama lie..Plant is still open...2 of the 4 units are closed..

There have been various estimates of monies donated to the "Yes on 8" campaign by LDS Church members, ranging from $14 to $20 million. No firm figures are available because the State of California does not request or record the religion of donors.

Mormonism and politics/California Proposition 8 - FAIRMormon

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclie...fc9cab2f77850f&bpcl=35440803&biw=1629&bih=879

Mormon Church Tries to Resurrect Its Image, Spends Millions to Repair Prop 8 Damage - salt lake city lawyers and other legal services - backpage.com

There have been reports that the Mormon Church has lost tens of thousands of members in California and other Western states over Prop 8, and that many highly educated Mormons have resigned from the Church. I have also heard that Mormon Church buildings are closing.

This hasn't happened since the 1970's, when they led the national opposition to another social justice issue, the Equal Rights Amendment. The ERA would have expanded the rights of women 35 years ago, when they were fighting for equal recognition under the law.

The Mormon Church's image also suffered greatly in the 1960's because of its long-held practice of vilifying African Americans and not allowing them Church membership. It wasn't until the United States Justice Department threatened a Federal lawsuit, that they relented and allowed African Americans to join the priesthood. The Mormon Church has faced image problems before, but not to this extent.

Same links I posted before.

Next!

Sorry dickweed...you said he mormon church...not members of the mormon church.

Big difference...big lie.

BTW: what does the membership change and image of the church have to do with anything that I stated ? Answer: nothing. Does this just give you that Chris Matthews tingle down your leg when you post a lot of irrelevant crap ?

Members of the Mormon Church can throw away 20 million. It was the church. Learn to use Google. Even church members didn't like their tithes to be used in such a way.

I don't run away from you. I just get bored with stupid. You don't know anything. You don't think. You don't know how to look anything up. You believe in crazy. You are just a waste of time and air. Don't get mad at me. You're the one who is ignorant. You don't have evidence. Who even knows what your rant is about most of the time? And worst of all is your favorite color:

butter.jpg

You are a total wast of skin.

You can't prove it was the church so you just sit that and make stuff up. Pathetic.

You can't make an argument.

When your claims get shoved up your ass, you just look to deflect.

You've never made a cogent connection since I've been on this board.

You've gotten used to your electronic daisy chain with the your lefty buddies on this board.

When the right calls you and and slaps you around, you simply run away.

No proof...you don't have any.

Mormon church reports spending $180,000 on Proposition 8 - latimes.com

Top officials with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints filed reports today indicating that they donated more than $180,000 in in-kind contributions to Proposition 8, the November ballot initiative that banned same-sex marriage in California.

The contributions included tens of thousands of dollars for expenses such as airline tickets, hotel and restaurant bills and car-rental bills for top church officials such as L. Whitney Clayton, along with $96,849.31 worth of “compensated staff time” for church employees.

The church said the expenditures took place between July 1 and the end of the year. The church’s involvement has been a major issue in the campaign and its aftermath. Individual Mormon families donated millions -- by some estimates more than $20 million -- of their own money to the campaign.

That's not tithing, you moron.

Educate ? ROTFLMAO

You don't know anything....especially how to stay around once your premises have been demolished.

Pathetic cretin.

Interesting he said have it cleaned up by 2004......hmmm so he supports clean coal.......and the new information is???????

yep. "regulations" is a 4-letter word for randian repubs like Ryan.

Well put that straw man up....we dont mind regulations, like say allowing banks to lend to people who can actually afford the loans (liberals loooove relaxing those regulations), but we dont really like having hotels to have to retrofit swimming pools to accomodate people who cant swim (liberals loooove those kinds of regulations)

Notice RDumbass just bailed.

Romney could be against the plant but for clean coal.

That just kills RDean's ability to sucker hillbilly lefties into thinking Obama can somehow make and issue out of his statement.

And he's gone.

Pussy-Galore.

There is an apparent need by the crazy left to portray the republican candidate as a guy they would like to vote for. This is a weird tactic for any political agenda. It would never occur to conservatives to say that Obama actually supports oil drilling or is against abortion but the left seems determined to portray Romney as the guy they would like to vote for. The world is upside down to liberals.

Notice RDumbass just bailed.

Romney could be against the plant but for clean coal.

That just kills RDean's ability to sucker hillbilly lefties into thinking Obama can somehow make and issue out of his statement.

And he's gone.

Pussy-Galore.

Rderp is too ugly and stupid to have been a Bond-girl. They were all pretty and smart.

So, Rderp is in favor of pollution. Got it.

dumb ass...

from the OP link...
The Salem Harbor Power Station

Back on Feb. 5, 2003, Romney made several statements during a showdown over the future of the controversial, coal-burning Salem Harbor Power Station, in the Boston area.

A couple of years earlier, Massachusetts had passed new rules to reduce power plant emissions of nitrogen oxide, sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide and mercury, to be phased in over several years. The mercury standard would not be finalized until 2004. As governor, Romney supported the rules, as he made clear repeatedly.

Massachusetts singled out its most egregious polluters as the "Filthy Five" plants, including Salem Harbor. Public health and environmental scientists at Harvard studied the emissions from two of the plants in 2000 and concluded that Salem Harbor was responsible for 53 deaths, 570 emergency room visits, 14,400 asthma attacks and 99,000 incidents of upper respiratory symptoms -- all per year.

Local residents and others who wanted to keep the Salem Harbor plant open (for jobs and tax revenues) disputed those figures, saying they resulted from unproven modeling. It turned out that the Harvard scientists had revised their figures in 2002, putting premature deaths from Salem Harbor’s pollution at 30 per year and reducing the number of emergency room visits to 400 and the asthma attacks at 2,000, according to the Boston Globe and the Boston Herald.

But the scientists stood by the broader conclusion -- that emissions from dirty power plants can be deadly. The Harvard methodology has now been widely replicated and is respected by health scientists, according to several environmental authorities we spoke with. Romney appeared to accept their findings, too.

The spat with Salem Harbor turned into a testy exchange after Salem Harbor’s then-owner, Pacific Gas and Electric, sought an extension until 2006 to comply with Massachusetts’ emissions rules -- and plant supporters showed up to to demand that the governor back off. Romney was adamant that the company comply by 2004 and appeared at a press conference near the plant to emphasize the point.

So, according to Politifact, you have a plant operating unsafely, and then-Gov. Romney was taking steps to bring it up to speed safety-wise, or shut it down... and Rderp disapproves.

How many dead people would you have preferred there by, Derpshit?

lol, you just pwned yourself again with this thread, good show

Leave it to RDean and Obama to talk out of context like they always do.

Still waiting for RDean the liar to support his other claims I have nailed him on...he's not returned to the thread (his own) since. He's a coward.

Romney called this plant a dirty plant because it apparently lacked some air pollution equipment.

Imagine that.

You can be after a plant that does not have the right emission controls and still be for coal.

But RDean is to stupid (not to mention having his head up Stephanie Cutter's ass....no wonder she always has that stupid smile on her face) to know that difference.

And JimH0.52 is his understudy.

What context does this make sense in.

Here's the reality.

When Mitt Romney was a politician in Massachusetts, he was all for the Hippy, left wing causes. He denouced Reagan, signed gun bans, supported abortion rights, supported gay marriage, (his state being the first to legalize it), and, yes, he was anti-coal and anti-pollution.

And now he's for the oppossite of that, because that was the only way he could win the nomination. If he were a liberal Mormon who was honest about being a liberal, he'd have been eliminated faster than Jon Huntsman.

Now, you can pretend this isn't the case. You can even let your hatred for Obama let you say, "Well, he was just saying what he had do say."

But frankly, what I respected about Reagan is that he stood by what he believed. He comprimised when he had to, but he had principles. And so does Obama. Might not agree with him, but he's a man of his word.

Romney seems to lack those qualities.

This plant kills.
so does the City you live in Dean.....

Educate ? ROTFLMAO

You don't know anything....especially how to stay around once your premises have been demolished.

Pathetic cretin.
..especially how to stay around once your premises have been demolished.

yep.....how many threads has Dean started and left with questions unanswered because he cant or wont answer them......he will leave this one too....

Forum List

Back