Romney pledged to militarily support Israel; Obama did not

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Obama loves to pretend that he is a great ally to Israel; but during the third debate, he thrice ignored the opportunity to state that he would militarily support Israel. Romney, on the other hand, stated quite clearly that we would militarily support Israel.

I heard the opposite

I heard Obama say he would support Israel without question if it were attacked....

. SCHIEFFER: A lot to cover. I'd like -- I'd like to move to the next segment: red lines, Israel and Iran.

Would either of you -- and you'll have two minutes -- and, President Obama, you have the first go at this one -- would either of you be willing to declare that an attack on Israel is an attack on the United States, which, of course, is the same promise that we give to our close allies like Japan.

And if you made such a declaration, would not that deter Iran? It's certainly deterred the Soviet Union for a long, long time when we made that -- we made -- we made that promise to our allies.

Mr. President?

OBAMA: First of all, Israel is a true friend. It is our greatest ally in the region. And if Israel is attacked, America will stand with Israel. I've made that clear throughout my presidency. And...

SCHIEFFER: So you're -- you're saying we've already made that declaration.

OBAMA: I will stand with Israel if they are attacked. And this is the reason why, working with Israel, we have created the strongest military and intelligence cooperation between our two countries in history.

Last edited:
I heard the opposite

I heard Obama say he would support Israel without question if it were attacked....

. SCHIEFFER: A lot to cover. I'd like -- I'd like to move to the next segment: red lines, Israel and Iran.

Would either of you -- and you'll have two minutes -- and, President Obama, you have the first go at this one -- would either of you be willing to declare that an attack on Israel is an attack on the United States, which, of course, is the same promise that we give to our close allies like Japan.

And if you made such a declaration, would not that deter Iran? It's certainly deterred the Soviet Union for a long, long time when we made that -- we made -- we made that promise to our allies.

Mr. President?

OBAMA: First of all, Israel is a true friend. It is our greatest ally in the region. And if Israel is attacked, America will stand with Israel. I've made that clear throughout my presidency. And...

OBAMA: I will stand with Israel if they are attacked. And this is the reason why, working with Israel, we have created the strongest military and intelligence cooperation between our two countries in history.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Obama loves to pretend that he is a great ally to Israel; but during the third debate, he thrice ignored the opportunity to state that he would militarily support Israel. Romney, on the other hand, stated quite clearly that we would militarily support Israel.

How many Israelis faught with US in Iraq and Afgahnistan?

That's what I thought. Piss on Israel.

I heard the opposite

Mr. President?

"Standing up" for Israel is not offering military support. And in fact, Schieffer pointedly asked Obama if he militarily supported Israel and he was sure to use such ambiguous language.

There is a clear difference between the stances of the candidates. That is what has been cleared up.

I heard the opposite

"Standing up" for Israel is not offering military support. And in fact, Schieffer pointedly asked Obama if he militarily supported Israel and he was sure to use such ambiguous language.

There is a clear difference between the stances of the candidates. That is what has been cleared up.

the only thing that's been cleared up is your position on the bell curve, corky.

I heard the opposite

Strong military cooperation doesn't seem ambiguous to me. Neither does this...

Massive Multinational Maneuvers Put Iran on Notice

...or this.

$images.jpg

...or this.

View attachment 21982

The Iran nuclear issue and supporting Israel militarily are not synonymous matters.

I listented to the entire debate 10 times. Obama said that we will unequivocally stand with our ally Israel. So.... my question is. Where did this idea and statement come from? I am neither Republican Or democrat. I am carpenter. sometimes its wood. sometimes its nails, sometimes its hammer.

You clearly watched it zero times or are lying or both and the black on your rep bar reflects your silly proclamation.

I listented to the entire debate 10 times. Obama said that we will unequivocally stand with our ally Israel. So.... my question is. Where did this idea and statement come from? I am neither Republican Or democrat. I am carpenter. sometimes its wood. sometimes its nails, sometimes its hammer.

You clearly watched it zero times or are lying or both and the black on your rep bar reflects your silly proclamation.

Obama gave more enthusiastic support to Israel. Romney said he was in their corner and quickly changed the subject

Obama hired an Israeli soldier as his chief of staff for Gods sake.

1. Who cares about the Zionists.

2. Israel has 300 nukes. Iran has maybe close to 1. Why do they need our help?

You are basing this on what?

I watched the deabate and both candidates said the same, that military action would be the last action taken if Israel was attacked. Romney stated that he did not want to answer a hypothetical question about Israel having bombers in the air and on their way to bomb Iran, and that putting American soldiers in Iran was the last option, comparred to sanctions and negotiations with a non-nuclear Iran.
Israel has military support already from the US and that includes the current president
Try to lie somewhere else than here.

...or this.

View attachment 21982

The Iran nuclear issue and supporting Israel militarily are not synonymous matters.

just like constipation and diarrhea are not related?

I watched the deabate and both candidates said the same, that military action would be the last action taken if Israel was attacked. Romney stated that he did not want to answer a hypothetical question about Israel having bombers in the air and on their way to bomb Iran, and that putting American soldiers in Iran was the last option, comparred to sanctions and negotiations with a non-nuclear Iran.
Israel has military support already from the US and that includes the current president
Try to lie somewhere else than here.

Your assertions are categorically false.

Romney stated that his administration would militarily support Israel. That's a significant statement.

Obama said things like 'we will stand with Israel' or 'our greatest ally in the region.' His regime said the same token statements in 08. For instance, Biden stated that 'Israel has no greater friend than Biden and Obama and I would not be running if I didn't believe that.'

We know Obama's shell game come election time. The reality is that Obama kicked around Israel and he'll continue to do so. And I could give you a laundry list of his misgivings towards Israel.

Forum List

Back