Romney playing dirty?

Link to prove what you claim is true?

And when I do...will you drop to one knee and genuflect?

Well...OK, then:

"Heritage noted that “in the past, state bureaucrats have attempted to define activities such as hula dancing, attending Weight Watchers, and bed rest as ‘work.’ These dodges were blocked by the federal work standards. Now that the Obama administration has abolished those standards, we can expect ‘work’ in the TANF [welfare] program to mean anything but work.”
Obama kills welfare reform - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com

Ms. Truthie....

...what happened to you?

Are you looking for a knee-pad so you can genuflect?

Bill Clinton has a few.....

Will you ever get over yourself???

I'll be honest; Romney is running the cleanest presidential campaign I've seen in my lifetime (to date). Everything has been on the up and up. He's not engaged in lies and he has largely avoided innuendo even.

I'll be honest; Romney is running the cleanest presidential campaign I've seen in my lifetime (to date). Everything has been on the up and up. He's not engaged in lies and he has largely avoided innuendo even.

As long as you don't count the primaries...

What? So far, Obama is the only one throwing out smears. Obama didn't even bother to back-up his gutter rhetoric with any supporting examples.

The most prominent example at the moment would be the bullshit Romney fabricated about the TANF work requirements being eliminated. It's false and he knows it--and if he didn't know it, every fact checker and Bill Clinton, the guy he features in his ads, have now let him in on that fact. Romney's a liar whose found himself a lie he seems to really enjoy.

It was not false. It was true, sort of. Quoting Bill Clinton to call someone a liar is rich with irony.
But Obama&Co have lied extensively, almost every week about some aspect of Romney or Ryan or their policies.

Both Politifact and Factcheck.org say that the Governor's ad was dishonest. The ad lied. It's as simple as that.

Both Politifcat and Factcheck.org have cited the Romney campaign for dishonesty on the TANF ad he ran. Sorry Klanny.

One side griping about the other engaging in dirty politics is laughable.

That I can agree with. Both sides have dirty hands

Yes, but only one of the Candidates was elected 4 years ago on the Promise of Not being just another Dirty Politician. Obama turned out to be the Polar Opposite of the Fair, Bi-Partisan, Above the Board, Transparent leader that would unite us all he was billed as in 08.

It's kinda like when you guys say Republicans deserve more Criticism when they are caught in a Sex Scandal because Republicans try and Claim the Moral High Ground.

Well same thing with Obama, He tried to claim the High ground, he promised to be Different, Better, Nicer. He is none of those things.

One side griping about the other engaging in dirty politics is laughable.

That I can agree with. Both sides have dirty hands

Yes, but only one of the Candidates was elected 4 years ago on the Promise of Not being just another Dirty Politician. Obama turned out to be the Polar Opposite of the Fair, Bi-Partisan, Above the Board, Transparent leader that would unite us all he was billed as in 08.

It's kinda like when you guys say Republicans deserve more Criticism when they are caught in a Sex Scandal because Republicans try and Claim the Moral High Ground.

Well same thing with Obama, He tried to claim the High ground, he promised to be Different, Better, Nicer. He is none of those things.

Yup! I totally agree. He was incredibly naive when he first got into office. Almost criminally naive.

What? So far, Obama is the only one throwing out smears. Obama didn't even bother to back-up his gutter rhetoric with any supporting examples.

The most prominent example at the moment would be the bullshit Romney fabricated about the TANF work requirements being eliminated. It's false and he knows it--and if he didn't know it, every fact checker and Bill Clinton, the guy he features in his ads, have now let him in on that fact. Romney's a liar whose found himself a lie he seems to really enjoy.

Yeah, when you flip on the context filter he didn't end the work requirement

Can you point to an 1115 waiver request from a state in response to ACF's memo and identify something in it you find offensive or that you believe would "gut" any provision of existing law if approved?

Are you stating that the law signed by President Clinton included the option for the Secretary of HHS to grant said waivers?

Let me ask you again:

Can you point to an 1115 waiver request from a state in response to ACF's memo and identify something in it you find offensive or that you believe would "gut" any provision of existing law if approved?

One concrete example would be fine to illustrate your point.

Are you stating that the law signed by President Clinton included the option for the Secretary of HHS to grant said waivers?

BTW....do you work for this administration?

And when I do...will you drop to one knee and genuflect?

Well...OK, then:

"Heritage noted that “in the past, state bureaucrats have attempted to define activities such as hula dancing, attending Weight Watchers, and bed rest as ‘work.’ These dodges were blocked by the federal work standards. Now that the Obama administration has abolished those standards, we can expect ‘work’ in the TANF [welfare] program to mean anything but work.”
Obama kills welfare reform - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com

Ms. Truthie....

...what happened to you?

Are you looking for a knee-pad so you can genuflect?

Bill Clinton has a few.....

Will you ever get over yourself???

Hit a nerve?

So...you voted for the rapist?

How, exactly, do you rationalize doing so?

I'm asking you to point to something a state is actually now doing or even proposing doing that you consider to be "gutting" the work requirements of TANF.

I take it no one has done anything to warrant the use of that deceptive language. Who could've guessed?

It was not false. It was true, sort of. Quoting Bill Clinton to call someone a liar is rich with irony.
But Obama&Co have lied extensively, almost every week about some aspect of Romney or Ryan or their policies.

Both Politifact and Factcheck.org say that the Governor's ad was dishonest. The ad lied. It's as simple as that.

Contrary to the verbal obfuscation of the two left-leaning media outlets, the following suggests something otherwise....

'The loosened requirements on what constitutes work are of a piece with Obama’s strategy of expanding his political base by widening the dependency on government handouts.'
Ibid.

But....I'm never surprised when Leftists, i.e., Obama supporters, claim that they are unable to connect....or even see....the dots.

Willful blindness seems to be a part of that political position, doesn't it.

I'm asking you to point to something a state is actually now doing or even proposing doing that you consider to be "gutting" the work requirements of TANF.

I take it no one has done anything to warrant the use of that deceptive language. Who could've guessed?

Since you are using so much effort to avoid the question....

'Are you stating that the law signed by President Clinton included the option for the Secretary of HHS to grant said waivers?'

...the only possible explanation is that you know well that the pretender in the people's house is, once again, abusing executive power by offering an option that, legally, doesn't exist.

Isn't that so?

Possibly you fail to understand the question.....let me make it simpler:
Does the Secretary of HHS have the ability to offer states a choice specifically forbidden by law?

'Yes' or 'no' would do.

After the exertions of choosing one of the above, I wonder if you could use the same choices for this question:

Are you employed by the Obama administration?

Take your time.

Last edited:
And there you have it. No state has even submitted a request that would do anything to "gut" the work requirements of TANF. Nothing has changed in any state.

Much ado about nothing, aided in large part by empty-headed folks who don't realize they've been played.

And there you have it. No state has even submitted a request that would do anything to "gut" the work requirements of TANF. Nothing has changed in any state.

Much ado about nothing, aided in large part by empty-headed folks who don't realize they've been played.

Indeed...there you have it.

Your fear of answering speaks volumes.

You reek of the smarmy 'depends on what the meaning of "is" is kind of sophistry.

Let's review.

1. I have shown that the Clinton Welfare Reform Bill specifies actual work.

2. This was always seen as selling out by the weak-character folks that you represent.

3. Finally having control of the executive with a law-breaking President, the Left applies the old 'we'll just ignore the law' strategy.

4. Soul-selling slugs like yourself pretend 'nothing new, move on.'

"In a blatant challenge to the legislative branch, Obama by executive order tossed out the Clinton-era welfare reform that required able-bodied aid recipients to work, saying the federal government will no longer enforce the law."
Welfare Reform: Obama Runs on Clinton Legacy While Dismantling It

OK...you're dismissed. Time for you to head back into the Roach Motel…

Forum List

Back