Romney pissed that UK Prime Minister praised Obama

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The Thick Of It: Speaking of the Romney campaign having unnecessary reactions to things, the Guardian reports that various unnamed Romney aides are all a-grouse because UK Prime Minister David Cameron said some generically nice things about President Obama. The Cameron comments that ran afoul include, "You don't get to choose the leaders that you have to work with. But all I can say is that it is a pleasure to work with someone with moral strength, with clear reason and with fundamental decency in this task of renewing our great national alliance for today and for the generations to follow."

Couldn't the Romney campaign just let that go? It's not like swing voters are known for taking their cues from Downing Street. A Romney senior aide, nevertheless, had this to say of Cameron's praise: "You don't take sides in an election year."

Dude, I'm pretty sure that the Brits will do whatever they want to do during our "election year." [Guardian]

Life Of Julia: Welcome To The Trollgaze Campaign

Romney camp criticises British PM's Obama 'love-in' ahead of Olympic visit | World news | guardian.co.uk

The Thick Of It: Speaking of the Romney campaign having unnecessary reactions to things, the Guardian reports that various unnamed Romney aides are all a-grouse because UK Prime Minister David Cameron said some generically nice things about President Obama. The Cameron comments that ran afoul include, "You don't get to choose the leaders that you have to work with. But all I can say is that it is a pleasure to work with someone with moral strength, with clear reason and with fundamental decency in this task of renewing our great national alliance for today and for the generations to follow."

Couldn't the Romney campaign just let that go? It's not like swing voters are known for taking their cues from Downing Street. A Romney senior aide, nevertheless, had this to say of Cameron's praise: "You don't take sides in an election year."

Dude, I'm pretty sure that the Brits will do whatever they want to do during our "election year." [Guardian]

Life Of Julia: Welcome To The Trollgaze Campaign

Romney camp criticises British PM's Obama 'love-in' ahead of Olympic visit | World news | guardian.co.uk

Memo to Cameron, if Romney wins, better send a better bust of Eisenhower or other. Music? A nano won't cut it. Art, we like American, but if you have some real worthy Dutch or even English Medieval, we'd consider.

The Guardian... that bastion of non-partisan reporting. :lmao:

For the less well informed, the Guardian is notoriously left wing.

Forum List

Back