Romney, Paul, and Huntman

The '08 platform was put together by McLame delegates and other GOP insider establishment lackeys.

With proportional awarding of delegates, Dr. Paul will have a lot of clout this time around.

and it will mean just as much as the '08, '04, '00, '96 etc platforms

enjoy your mental masturbation

to quote mr natural "it don't mean shit."
Would've meant a lot in '08.

Daily Kos contends that had the new rule been adopted before the 2008 Republican primary, there may have been a three-way race between McCain, Mitt Romney, and Mike Huckabee, and a so-called “brokered convention” — when a political candidate has not secured enough delegates to officially “win” a primary, prompting a process in which there are a series of votes and delegates are able to switch to a different candidate, eventually leading to a majority of delegates for one candidate. Daily Kos asserts:

In 2008, the Republican primary contest was decided quickly and relatively painlessly only because there were winner-take-all rules at the time. Those rules have been changed. If you take the current proportional delegate rules and apply them to the results of the 2008 race through Feb 5th, when the race was still heavily contested, something very surprising happens. John McCain, who took a commanding lead under the winner-take-all rules in effect in most states, instead ends up behind Mitt Romney by eight delegates (with a confidence factor of plus or minus 5 delegates). The standings, with more than half the delegates decided, would have been as follows.

Romney 439

McCain 431

Huckabee 247

Other 114​

After the GOP Primaries ... a Brokered Convention?

i was speaking of the platform

no republican was going to win in 08, imo, no matter what happened

No, he is not going third party untill he is declined the nomination. At that time his supporters will demand he run third party. He will have no choice.

Its Ron Paul or its Obama. No more compromise.

That would be stupid, but that's what got us Clinton in 1992. The time for no compromise is the primary. The general is the lesser of two evils.
I don't buy that argument....Nobody knows for certain who the Perot voters would've chosen instead.

I, for one, would've probably abstained from voting for prez.

Do you really think things would be better off with Gore 2000?
Given that the GOP held both legislative houses, thereby likely resisting any and all proposals from the WH, I'm having a hard time seeing how it could've been any worse.

How is Obama since 2010 doing? That's what 2001 with Gore would be.

No, he is not going third party untill he is declined the nomination. At that time his supporters will demand he run third party. He will have no choice.

Its Ron Paul or its Obama. No more compromise.
Not gonna happen.

The control of his delegates at the RNC, thier role in the platform committee, and the future career of his son are at stake.

That's not compromise...That's doing what you can until you can do what you want.

The stake of his sons career is not in the hands of the GOP, its in the hands of the citizens of Kentucky, which think he is just fine.

You people just dont get it. The Pauls are in charge of the GOP now. The GOP needs to either get in line behind them or suffer the consequences. Were tossing the corporate liberals out of the Republican party or were tossing out the Republican party.

Hurry the fuck and make your decision. Ron Paul is needed at the white house.

"We" are tossing stuff but the Paul's are in charge? So you are a Paul?

The importance of getting Paul's ideas into the campaign platform is that while Mitt won't have to necessarily run on those ideas, he will likely have to defend them in the general. Then in 2016 Rand get to run on those ideas after they've been subject to public debate.

There's a pretty solid long game for Paul here even if he can't win the short game.

True, it's a pretty good strategy. That's hardly the point being made by the Paulbots though.

That would be stupid, but that's what got us Clinton in 1992. The time for no compromise is the primary. The general is the lesser of two evils.
I don't buy that argument....Nobody knows for certain who the Perot voters would've chosen instead.

Do you really think things would be better off with Gore 2000?
Given that the GOP held both legislative houses, thereby likely resisting any and all proposals from the WH, I'm having a hard time seeing how it could've been any worse.

Boiking hasn't had both houses of congress standing in his way, like Gore would've in at least the first two years of his first term.

Clintoon didn't move to the center, reform welfare and pass the projected balanced budgets, until congress was shot out from underneath him.

Paul Campaign To Republican Field: Drop Out, Unite Behind Paul to Defeat Romney

LAKE JACKSON, Texas, Jan 10, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Ron Paul tonight scored an historic second-place victory in the 2012 New Hampshire Primary. Below please find comments from National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton:

link required

That's pretty fucking stupid. I'm as anti-GOP establishment as they come, but this bullshit Newt and Paul are pulling just stinks to high heaven. It's as if the agitators really want to spend 4 more years making a name for themselves fighting Obama.

The importance of getting Paul's ideas into the campaign platform is that while Mitt won't have to necessarily run on those ideas, he will likely have to defend them in the general. Then in 2016 Rand get to run on those ideas after they've been subject to public debate.

There's a pretty solid long game for Paul here even if he can't win the short game.

True, it's a pretty good strategy. That's hardly the point being made by the Paulbots though.
You gotta know that the rowdy Paul fanboys are the vast minority.

Even Palin has figured that out.

GOP Better Listen to Ron Paul Supporters - Sarah Palin - Fox Nation

Boiking hasn't had both houses of congress standing in his way, like Gore would've in at least the first two years of his first term.

Clintoon didn't move to the center, reform welfare and pass the projected balanced budgets, until congress was shot out from underneath him.

Clinton was a politician. Obama is a Progressive. There's a big difference.

Obammy also hasn't had both houses of congress in the hands of the opposition party, like Clintoon did and Gore would have....That's also a big difference.

LAKE JACKSON, Texas, Jan 10, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Ron Paul tonight scored an historic second-place victory in the 2012 New Hampshire Primary. Below please find comments from National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton:

link required

Sorry guys
Paul Campaign To Republican Field: Drop Out, Unite Behind Paul to Defeat Romney | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

link required

That's pretty fucking stupid. I'm as anti-GOP establishment as they come, but this bullshit Newt and Paul are pulling just stinks to high heaven. It's as if the agitators really want to spend 4 more years making a name for themselves fighting Obama.

No more compromise. The government is going to wither on the vine. The party is over.

link required

Sorry guys
Paul Campaign To Republican Field: Drop Out, Unite Behind Paul to Defeat Romney | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Not going to happen.

After his rowdy fanboys, Dr. Paul's biggest political problem is that he's not the second favorite candidate on most GOP primary voters' lists, even though he's #1 with 20%-30% of them.

Though I'm a Paul supporter, I'm also committed to reality.

i was speaking of the platform

no republican was going to win in 08, imo, no matter what happened
Nobody but GOP/McLoser establishment toadies had seats on the platform committee in '08....That won't be the case this time around.

Ron Paul delegates aren't gonna be the go-with-the-flow types.

the thing is, nobody except the chuckleheads on the committee gives a rat's ass about the platform.

Obammy also hasn't had both houses of congress in the hands of the opposition party, like Clintoon did and Gore would have....That's also a big difference.

It's really not. The GOP has shown that in the House and the Senate they will vote for more and more government along with the President of either party. However, the Democrats ALWAYS want more.

The issue is that Obama wants big government in many different ways than Bush and Clinton.

It's really not. The GOP has shown that in the House and the Senate they will vote for more and more government along with the President of either party. However, the Democrats ALWAYS want more.

The issue is that Obama wants big government in many different ways than Bush and Clinton.
I don't believe that at all.

Chimpola expanded both the cost and bureaucratic bloat of the federal gubmint far more than did Bubba....All with a GOP controlled congress.

Boiking has the same ends in mind...He just wants to take the interstate rather than the 2-lane scenic route.

Forum List

Back