Romney, Paul, and Huntman

I'm interested in seeing how Newt and the two Ricks did. The only way Mitt fails to get the nomination is if two of those three knuckleheads drops out before South Carolina. If they all did well enough to stay in them I think Mitt has this wrapped up.

Paul's consistent placing has to be worrisome to the GOP leadership. I've noticed that Rush and Hannity are dedicating show time now to attacking him. The problem is he's doing to well to just laugh off now. I'm thinking some concession will have to be made to him in the GOP platform in the general.
Proportional awarding of delegates is going to give Dr. Paul a shitload of clout at the RNC...Probably enough to shape the platform, possibly even enough for a floor fight.

I bet the farm that he doesn't run third party for this fact alone.

No, he is not going third party untill he is declined the nomination. At that time his supporters will demand he run third party. He will have no choice.

Its Ron Paul or its Obama. No more compromise.

Proportional awarding of delegates is going to give Dr. Paul a shitload of clout at the RNC...Probably enough to shape the platform, possibly even enough for a floor fight.

you'll be potus before he is.

If Paul is smart, and he is, he knows he can't win outright. He can make sure his ideas are taken seriously and possibly set up things for his son to run on a similar platform in 2016 with the advantage that Paul helped make those ideas well known.

I think before this is over you'll see Mitt and a lot of the GOP leadership forced to adopt some of his ideas in the campaign platform. And that's a big win for Paul supporters.

platform doesn't mean shit to anyone outside of the rnc and damn little to them.

if you can name 2 things from the '08 platform without googling, you need to get out more :D

I'm interested in seeing how Newt and the two Ricks did. The only way Mitt fails to get the nomination is if two of those three knuckleheads drops out before South Carolina. If they all did well enough to stay in them I think Mitt has this wrapped up.

Paul's consistent placing has to be worrisome to the GOP leadership. I've noticed that Rush and Hannity are dedicating show time now to attacking him. The problem is he's doing to well to just laugh off now. I'm thinking some concession will have to be made to him in the GOP platform in the general.

No, he is not going third party untill he is declined the nomination. At that time his supporters will demand he run third party. He will have no choice.

Not gonna happen.

The control of his delegates at the RNC, thier role in the platform committee, and the future career of his son are at stake.

That's not compromise...That's doing what you can until you can do what you want.

platform doesn't mean shit to anyone outside of the rnc and damn little to them.

if you can name 2 things from the '08 platform without googling, you need to get out more :D
The '08 platform was put together by McLame delegates and other GOP insider establishment lackeys.

With proportional awarding of delegates, Dr. Paul will have a lot of clout this time around.

That was supposedly what was going to happen in 2008. It didn't happen then and it won't happen now.
Delegates weren't awarded proportionally in 2008....The primaries and caucuses were winner-take-all.

Ah, I misunderstood your point. Time will tell, but I don't really see a whole lot of change. In the end it's still winner take all since the GOP needs 1 nominee.

That would be stupid, but that's what got us Clinton in 1992. The time for no compromise is the primary. The general is the lesser of two evils.

Do you really think things would be better off with Gore 2000?

That would be stupid, but that's what got us Clinton in 1992. The time for no compromise is the primary. The general is the lesser of two evils.
I don't buy that argument....Nobody knows for certain who the Perot voters would've chosen instead.

I, for one, would've probably abstained from voting for prez.

Do you really think things would be better off with Gore 2000?
Given that the GOP held both legislative houses, thereby likely resisting any and all proposals from the WH, I'm having a hard time seeing how it could've been any worse.

Not gonna happen.

The control of his delegates at the RNC, thier role in the platform committee, and the future career of his son are at stake.

That's not compromise...That's doing what you can until you can do what you want.

The stake of his sons career is not in the hands of the GOP, its in the hands of the citizens of Kentucky, which think he is just fine.

You people just dont get it. The Pauls are in charge of the GOP now. The GOP needs to either get in line behind them or suffer the consequences. Were tossing the corporate liberals out of the Republican party or were tossing out the Republican party.

Hurry the fuck and make your decision. Ron Paul is needed at the white house.

The importance of getting Paul's ideas into the campaign platform is that while Mitt won't have to necessarily run on those ideas, he will likely have to defend them in the general. Then in 2016 Rand get to run on those ideas after they've been subject to public debate.

There's a pretty solid long game for Paul here even if he can't win the short game.

Not gonna happen.

The stake of his sons career is not in the hands of the GOP, its in the hands of the citizens of Kentucky, which think he is just fine.

You people just dont get it. The Pauls are in charge of the GOP now. The GOP needs to either get in line behind them or suffer the consequences. Were tossing the corporate liberals out of the Republican party or were tossing out the Republican party.

I get it just fine.

Rome was neither built nor burned to the ground in one day.

I agree with that. And some of Ron Paul's idea should shape the Platform.

The '08 platform was put together by McLame delegates and other GOP insider establishment lackeys.

With proportional awarding of delegates, Dr. Paul will have a lot of clout this time around.

and it will mean just as much as the '08, '04, '00, '96 etc platforms

enjoy your mental masturbation

to quote mr natural "it don't mean shit."

Except for the other guys, right?

Not gonna happen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkoPq5AOCOA]Animal House - Fat, drunk and stupid - YouTube[/ame]

Not gonna happen.

I seriously hope you never see a day when this nation is controlled by someone like you with different positions. Because the first thing that person is going to do is take you out back and shoot you.

and it will mean just as much as the '08, '04, '00, '96 etc platforms

enjoy your mental masturbation

to quote mr natural "it don't mean shit."
Would've meant a lot in '08.

Daily Kos contends that had the new rule been adopted before the 2008 Republican primary, there may have been a three-way race between McCain, Mitt Romney, and Mike Huckabee, and a so-called “brokered convention” — when a political candidate has not secured enough delegates to officially “win” a primary, prompting a process in which there are a series of votes and delegates are able to switch to a different candidate, eventually leading to a majority of delegates for one candidate. Daily Kos asserts:

In 2008, the Republican primary contest was decided quickly and relatively painlessly only because there were winner-take-all rules at the time. Those rules have been changed. If you take the current proportional delegate rules and apply them to the results of the 2008 race through Feb 5th, when the race was still heavily contested, something very surprising happens. John McCain, who took a commanding lead under the winner-take-all rules in effect in most states, instead ends up behind Mitt Romney by eight delegates (with a confidence factor of plus or minus 5 delegates). The standings, with more than half the delegates decided, would have been as follows.

Romney 439

McCain 431

Huckabee 247

Other 114​

After the GOP Primaries ... a Brokered Convention?

Paul Campaign To Republican Field: Drop Out, Unite Behind Paul to Defeat Romney

LAKE JACKSON, Texas, Jan 10, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Ron Paul tonight scored an historic second-place victory in the 2012 New Hampshire Primary. Below please find comments from National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton:

link required

Forum List

Back