Romney: Overturning health care law 'right thing'

The self centered narcissism, the lack of empathy, the loss of American moral values, all are a part of a sad world whose cause is hard to decipher. When did America lose her heart, her soul, and her sense. Or even why?

Right around the time people like you decided you had a right to steal from your neighbor.

nonsense.

because you AREN"T talking about corporate welfare... and corporate tax dodging... and that doesn't even go to the part where someone who earns investment income doesn't get taxed at the same rate as a W-2 employee.

I could go on.

Last edited:
The self centered narcissism, the lack of empathy, the loss of American moral values, all are a part of a sad world whose cause is hard to decipher. When did America lose her heart, her soul, and her sense. Or even why?

Right around the time people like you decided you had a right to steal from your neighbor.

nonsense.

because you AREN"T talking about corporate welfare... and corporate tax dodging... and that doesn't even go to the part where someone who earns investment income doesn't get taxed at the same rate as a W-2 employee.

I could go on.

I like 'nonsense' - it's so much more polite than 'unmitigated bullshit.'

Romney: Overturning health care law 'right thing' | Political Headlines | Comcast

Mitt Romney says he hopes the Supreme Court does "the right thing" and strikes down President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee tells donors at a fundraising reception in Atlanta that the health care law hurts small businesses and costs too much.

The Supreme Court is expected to rule on the law's constitutionality later this month.

Romney said Monday that he hopes the justices, in his words, "do the right thing and turn this thing down."

As Massachusetts governor, Romney signed into law a measure that forces state residents to purchase health insurance. The so-called individual mandate is at the heart of the Supreme Court case.

The Romney campaign says it raised more than $3 million Monday night in Georgia

And get rid of Obama....:clap2:

View attachment 19485

This is Mitt Romney's weakness if I may split hairs. He doesn't always relate on a personal level.

Yes Obamacare does tend hurt business but that is not the reason it's unconstitutional (at least if the SC voted based soley on that aspect that might not be the case but that is unconstitutional though). It's unconstitutional and especially reprehensible b/c the government is telling us what we have to do and b/c the government is insert themselves directly into our personal health care.

If you do not want government health care then do not take it. Cash still works fine. By all means be true to thyself. However you still must pay the price as it is with all congressionally approved laws.

I have had to pay for ten years of unwanted wars.

This is Mitt Romney's weakness if I may split hairs. He doesn't always relate on a personal level.

Yes Obamacare does tend hurt business but that is not the reason it's unconstitutional (at least if the SC voted based soley on that aspect that might not be the case but that is unconstitutional though). It's unconstitutional and especially reprehensible b/c the government is telling us what we have to do and b/c the government is insert themselves directly into our personal health care.

Exactly. This is why I can't trust him. He doesn't even get why it's wrong. Clearly, he has no problem with the principle of using government to order tithing to corporate interests. Even if he does work to repeal PPACA, he'll replace it with something that pursues the saw goal - locking all of us into dependency on corporate insurance for our health care. He'll change the mandate to tax incentives, or credits, or some other bullshit subsidy design to push us in exactly the same direction.

How pathetic that the Republicans have been conned into an "alternative" that's not at all.

Last edited:
At least the ACA was realistic in the penalties assessed for non-compliance. $2000 per full time employee vs Romney's pitiful $295. You can't get a boil lanced for $295.

Small business is this odd damsel in distress. What hurts small business is large business and a lack of customers. A few small businesses I am familiar with cheat like hell on their taxes, pay under the table, pretend all their family are employees etc etc. Don't get me wrong as many others are honest brokers, but when homes are paid for with 300k in brown paper bags, I'm not gonna cry for small business even if I knew what one was or how to define them.

What I do find funny is who asked them, who are they, and is this just more BS from big money to keep the right wing puppets in line? Can any one of you wingnuts spell out why this hurts small business more than big business hurts them? Walmart has killed more small businesses than anyone else and do you hear anyone complaining about their tactics? Nah, they are the successful good guys in the eyes of the puppets. Romney is simply pandering to corporations which at one time provided excellent healthcare coverage and still made great profits. I was there then and witnessed the change. Now wingnuts tell us what changed, try hard to figure it out without the usual BS slogan. Here's a hint, small businesses crashed in 2008 and there was no debate on UHC then. Debate is more powerful than reality for the right wing.

Last edited:
Middle aged offspring will do.

I've been working since age 13 and on my own since 15, the idea that infancy can be extended to nearly 30 is really abhorrent. One can only imagine the helplessness of a person expecting childhood to last until nearly 30 when a parent dies and there is no foster family to take them in.

Oh, good. And your experience is of course the universal experience, and this country was in the EXACT same place then as it is now.

Right?

When some folks decided it was up to some clueless bureaucrats to purchase votes with unearned handouts from the wallets of others........................

Forum List

Back