Romney or Santorum...who do the Dems want?

Romney gives the impression that he is somewhat reasonable and is not going to run off the scale pandering to the extreme right wing. He is the only candidate capable of appealing to moderates

I also hear he's going to appeal to Nessie and Bigfoot.

Who are these moderates you keep talking about?

Frankly, I haven't seen them. You're going to vote for Obama no matter who the GOP nominates, and no matter where the economy is going to get. So is nearly everyone else who talks about Romney being a "moderate" or "electable".

I'm wary of people who are never going to vote GOP telling the GOP who they should nominate.

It would pretty much the same if I said, "I think you guys ought to dump Obama and Run Hillary." I could even make a good case why Hillary would be a better candidate. But the fact is, it would be disingenous of me to do so, because I won't vote for her any more than him.

Now, there are a few people in the GOP who don't want a real conservative, they just want someone who is going to make it easier for them to make money.

I have voted in seven presidential elections and have voted for the Republican candidate in five of those seven elections. What is different about the new breed of Republican candidate is that they have completely abandoned appealing to the middle, the independents and moderates who actually decide elections.
The Republican of today is forced to live at the extreme right in order to get nominated. In order to get that conservative vote they have abandoned sanity and developed a callous view of most Americans

Romney is the only candidate running that remotely resembles Republicans of old

Oh, come on, there are people who think I'm not right wing enough here and even I don't buy that.

I do think there is a schism in the GOP. Between teh Country club rich "Republicans of old" as you say, who bring the money and the rank and file "Tea Party/Christian Right" who bring the votes.

And when the GOP nominates real conservatives- Reagan, Bush - they win. When they nominate RINO's who are "moderate" and "electable", they don't.

Now, again, I voted for everyone who the GOP has put up, even when they suck, like Dole and McCain. If Romney weren't a Mormon, I'd probalby hold my nose and vote for him.

But please, the problem the GOP has had is not that they are "too right wing". Because on most of those issues, the country is actually to the right of me, not the left.

I do think the GOP has lost touch with what worries working folks, and Romney's inability to connect will probably be his biggest undoing.

I also hear he's going to appeal to Nessie and Bigfoot.

Who are these moderates you keep talking about?

Frankly, I haven't seen them. You're going to vote for Obama no matter who the GOP nominates, and no matter where the economy is going to get. So is nearly everyone else who talks about Romney being a "moderate" or "electable".

I'm wary of people who are never going to vote GOP telling the GOP who they should nominate.

It would pretty much the same if I said, "I think you guys ought to dump Obama and Run Hillary." I could even make a good case why Hillary would be a better candidate. But the fact is, it would be disingenous of me to do so, because I won't vote for her any more than him.

Now, there are a few people in the GOP who don't want a real conservative, they just want someone who is going to make it easier for them to make money.

I have voted in seven presidential elections and have voted for the Republican candidate in five of those seven elections. What is different about the new breed of Republican candidate is that they have completely abandoned appealing to the middle, the independents and moderates who actually decide elections.
The Republican of today is forced to live at the extreme right in order to get nominated. In order to get that conservative vote they have abandoned sanity and developed a callous view of most Americans

Romney is the only candidate running that remotely resembles Republicans of old

Oh, come on, there are people who think I'm not right wing enough here and even I don't buy that.

I do think there is a schism in the GOP. Between teh Country club rich "Republicans of old" as you say, who bring the money and the rank and file "Tea Party/Christian Right" who bring the votes.

And when the GOP nominates real conservatives- Reagan, Bush - they win. When they nominate RINO's who are "moderate" and "electable", they don't.

Now, again, I voted for everyone who the GOP has put up, even when they suck, like Dole and McCain. If Romney weren't a Mormon, I'd probalby hold my nose and vote for him.

But please, the problem the GOP has had is not that they are "too right wing". Because on most of those issues, the country is actually to the right of me, not the left.

I do think the GOP has lost touch with what worries working folks, and Romney's inability to connect will probably be his biggest undoing.

Anyone who has been on this board long enough has heard the same thing. I voted for Reagan and Daddy Bush four times. I considered them to be real republicans who understood the impact of what they are doing
Starting in the mid 90s, the Gingrich republicans emerged and chased me away
I find today's Republicans to be callous and uncaring for any American who actually has to work for a living. Their motto in addressing the challenges of our society is "we don't care". Their solution to every problem is cut taxes

Romney is the man that will beat Obama in November. Obama is the new Carter- a one term failure that history will be very unkind to.

Personally, I think Obama wants to lose. He'll make more money, he can get in as much golf as he wants to and he can smoke in public again. Obama losing is a win/win. He's happy and we can still save America.

Romney or Santorum...who do the Dems want to run against Obama. Gingrich is all but gone. But Santorum is picking up money and momentum. Who would the Dems rather see as the GOP nominee?

If they are smart they won't want either, both are the same. They are the same as Obama.

Well, maybe they aren't that smart.

Ron Paul Stands for American Values, ie the Constitution which our claim to liberty under God is based.

The establishment runners like listed and Obama all work for the powers our founder Fathers fought at our birth. They will promote the same agenda the power elite want for the NWO they seek.

Ron Paul is the only one who believes in the Constitution and the ideas of Liberty for our nation against the same evil ruling class we started this place fighting against in the first place.

Can you understand that idea? We are all being double teamed. Old trick, still works well, even today.

Hegelian dialectic, two forces aligned against one another. One is thesis, the other antithesis.

The conflict will produce a synthesis; in this case, the loss of national sovereignty and the end of freedom
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORM75G-Jby4]The Best Of Friends - YouTube[/ame] TONS OF PICTURES OF CLINTON AND BUSH TOGETHER VIDEO

Left vs Right...I think not!!!!

Oh My Word! Is that a Dem with a Repub? That is a No No. We cannot allow these people to work together for the betterment of anyone! :cuckoo:

It is that type of thinking that has led to gridlock and stalemate in this country. It is that type of thinking that prevents any kind of compromise or progress on anything that can benefit the average American.

The Tea Party is losing its hold on the GOP because Dogmatic Attitudes have no place in America.

Romney or Santorum...who do the Dems want to run against Obama. Gingrich is all but gone. But Santorum is picking up money and momentum. Who would the Dems rather see as the GOP nominee?
Hell.....let Bob Dole pick him.

"Throw-away" Republican-candidates should (probably) be able to get-along with each-other.

:eusa_whistle:

Maybe they could have a "stage-dive"-off!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWib8GbrIlA]Bob Dole stage fall - YouTube[/ame]​

Romney is the man that will beat Obama in November. Obama is the new Carter- a one term failure that history will be very unkind to.

Personally, I think Obama wants to lose. He'll make more money, he can get in as much golf as he wants to and he can smoke in public again. Obama losing is a win/win. He's happy and we can still save America.

Ooookay, if you need to believe that...

Romney can barely beat Santorum and Gingrich, and he's probably crapping his magic underwear right now hoping that Ron Paul doesn't pull off a surprise in Maine.

Obama's going to turn him into a grease stain on the pavement.

New Topics

Forum List

Back