Romney opens up 7-point lead over Obama as campaigns hunker down in swing states

Sigh again national polls mean nothing. You people are motherfucking dense.

actually, they kind of do start meaning things this close to an election when there is a huge momentum shift that we've seen in the last week and a half or so.

They mean people are starting to make their decision.

Ultimately, we still have to see the results at the polls.

Mitt Romney's national lead over President Obama grew even more Thursday, with the latest Gallup survey showing the Republican nominee up 7 points -- with less than three weeks and just one debate left on the calendar before Election Day.

The Gallup survey, which is based on a seven-day rolling average, showed Romney leading 52-45 percent. At the start of October, he was tied with Obama at 48 percent each.

The poll measures likely voters, with the latest results spanning interviews from Oct. 11-17. The results would have just started to factor in voters' views following the second presidential debate, which was held Tuesday.

Romney's lead on Thursday grew from 6 points a day earlier, which was already his biggest lead of the race. His numbers have been on the rise on the heels of the first debate, a trend that was apparently not blunted by Vice President Biden's aggressive debate performance one week ago.

Read more: Romney opens up 7-point lead over Obama as campaigns hunker down in swing states | Fox News

Seven point lead. With one debate left. And, it will be about Bengazhigate.

I don't know if all the campaign stops are going to make any difference at this point. Obama has been to Iowa more times than he's attended security briefings.

He must be worried this time around since Iowa went to him last time. I also see that he has a narrow lead in Florida. I have big doubts that he's going to have anywhere near the support he had last election. Come on, November. I hope I can enjoy the holidays and know that jobs won't start disappearing. Or prepare for the worst as any hope of repealing Obamacare fades away.

Last edited:
The Incumbent should be leading at this point. So this and other Polls are definitely bad news for the Obamabots.

The Obamabots have been told over & over again their Dear Leader already won this one. So Election Day could be a catastrophic nightmare for them. What will they do when they realize their beloved MSNBC, HuffPoop, NY Times, and Moveon.org got it all wrong? Mass suicide watch? It could get very ugly.

i hope not. suicide is very selfish and can get messy. I'd rather they reflected on their choices, asked why and learned from the experience.

This is why he's ahead nationally:

Romney Has Massive Lead Over Obama in the South (BUT...)

Quote:
Yesterday's Gallup poll shows Mitt Romney with his largest lead over over President Obama, 51% to 45%. The poll was taken before the second presidential debate. While this looks great for Romney, Markos Moulitsas has taken a more detailed look at the poll internals for Tuesday, which show a somewhat different picture'

Just as I suspected:

Quote:
Romney's entire advantage in this poll comes from a massive lead in the South. Now sure, some of that may be Florida, but the state-level polling certainly doesn't show that. So Romney is driving up big margins in Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, Mississippi and other such presidentially irrelevant states? Good for him! I'm sure that'll be cold comfort as he loses the states that actually matter in the Midwest and West.

11:07 AM PT: Latest tracking polls:

Rasmussen (national): Romney +1, was R+2 yesterday
Rasmussen (Swing states): Obama +3 (50-47)
Ipsos/Reuters: Obama +3
YouGov/Economist: Obama +1
IBD/TIPP: Obama +1
RAND: Obama +5

None have included post-debate numbers, because those can't be polled until today.

Your data is a day old...

Go to RCP and check the latest which include TODAY's releases...

Rasmussen: Romney +2
Gallup: Romney +7
IBD/TIPP: Tie (was 0bama +2 yesterday)

That doesn't change the fact the Romney has a huge lead in the south which are bumping his numbers up nationally.

If the Gallup Poll is Accurate this Election is over. Obama has never even Cracked 50% in that Poll and now he is down 45 to 52.

Very Bad News.

No. It's still not over for two and a half weeks. Anything can happen.

But still, i have faith everything will go well for Romney. I think we just need to make sure we remain humble and remember that God is our true leader.

Of course, when Romney wins, we then get Obama's very scary lame duck period... who knows what problems he will cause then.

If the Gallup Poll is Accurate this Election is over. Obama has never even Cracked 50% in that Poll and now he is down 45 to 52.

Very Bad News.

No. It's still not over for two and a half weeks. Anything can happen.

But still, i have faith everything will go well for Romney. I think we just need to make sure we remain humble and remember that God is our true leader.

Of course, when Romney wins, we then get Obama's very scary lame duck period... who knows what problems he will cause then.
really is he loses he be respectful man. he won,t make thing difficult because he not a idiot. he work with romney over that two month peroid if it happens.

anyway election not over till it over. fight not over till it over

RCP is not giving Obama Nevada or Colorado although he is up in those staes. Enjoy the brief momentum.

Two words for you Willow Bush

ELECTORAL VOTES

Unless, you're expecting Romney to win California and lose the EC in other states, do you have any idea how difficult it would be for him to win the Popular vote and lose the EC as well?

2000 Proved it is clearly Possible.

Also Possible this Year is a 269 to 269 Split in the EC, and in that case it does not go to the Popular Vote, But the House of Representatives.

Just Imagine how loud the Haters of the system will be if that happens.

Yes. It's possible. But the reason it happened in 2000. Is because of California. It went for the side that lost the EC. So unless Romney wins California and loses the EC somehow, it's not likely.

if it goes to the House, I wonder how Ryan will vote.;)

Hold out hope if you like Dems, but this will be 10 points or more by election day. Look at the electoral map done at university of colorado again --- I'll find it when I have a minute --- that is the kind of beatdown Obama is facing.

WOW!!!! it was just 3 weeks ago Chris Matthews was saying "If Romney was really going to win, wouldn't he be over 50% or have a 7-8 point lead." Wonder what what he says about polls now?

crickets

Don't worry too much though, the MSNBC crew will start bringing out Romney's third grade teacher to tell you that Romney killed small animals. That will save Obamama!

Quote:
Yesterday's Gallup poll shows Mitt Romney with his largest lead over over President Obama, 51% to 45%. The poll was taken before the second presidential debate. While this looks great for Romney, Markos Moulitsas has taken a more detailed look at the poll internals for Tuesday, which show a somewhat different picture'

Just as I suspected:

Quote:
Romney's entire advantage in this poll comes from a massive lead in the South. Now sure, some of that may be Florida, but the state-level polling certainly doesn't show that. So Romney is driving up big margins in Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, Mississippi and other such presidentially irrelevant states? Good for him! I'm sure that'll be cold comfort as he loses the states that actually matter in the Midwest and West.

None have included post-debate numbers, because those can't be polled until today.

RCP is the only EV map that gives Willard a lead. His first, I might add.

RCP is not giving Obama Nevada or Colorado although he is up in those staes. Enjoy the brief momentum.
president need keep going to end. this is battle and he need to fight every inch to stay in it.

Keep in mind, an 'October Surprise' is still lurking out there. So this is good news for Romney, but it's far from over. Anything can still happen.

Quote:

Just as I suspected:

Quote:

RCP is the only EV map that gives Willard a lead. His first, I might add.

Don't forget the Bradley Effect, Jimbo, where white people feel guilty telling a pollster they won't be voting for a failed black politician.

That will be HUGE as well!

i hope whoever win are humble . i

in the end if you guys win then yet just hope people can come together afterwards. hatred is unreal on here

Forum List

Back