Romney on "Crony Capitalism?" ... hahahahahahaha .....

gonewt2012

Rookie
Jun 15, 2011
O.k., so you buy a company, you load it up with debt, and walk out with big profits.

Let's just set aside the fact for a moment that you've done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to contribute to the well being of your fellow man, and essentially have engaged in an act of parasitism ....

Who is it that suffered when that company bit the dust?

Look there and then you have a more important question ... one that puts the absolute and complete hypocrisy of Romney's recitation of the term "Crony Capitalism" this evening in the bright light of the sun ---

How did you get banks to loan you the money to load the company with debt to begin with?

Is it, perhaps, because you know powerful people well-placed within the bank whom you've greased with gifts, favors and maybe even out and out bribes over the years?

Hell, that V.P. or CFO or CEO or that cadre of corporate officers who are in your pocket ... hell ... it's not like it's THEIR money .. right?

You really dont understand what venture capital does do you?

Perhaps you should follow that up with sticking your tongue out at me and sing-songing "nay-yay nay-yay yay!" ....

Why would I treat you disrespectfully like that? If I wanted to do that, Id go to the flame zone and make fun of some of the less sane members of the board.

Sorry, but I just can't take you seriously, because the situation I described, which very likely reflects the reality of the cases that Gingrich has singled out, bears no relationship with the concept of VC ... unless you've got some sort of unconventional definition of the term.

If you believe what you see in a PAC TV ad, you deserve to be lied to.

For example, AmPad. Newt's rich buddy gets a few sorry looking ex-employees who talk about losing their jobs to illustrate that Romney is all about "profits before people".

So Newt's going the marxist route. Amazing.

But here's the thing. When Bain Capital bought AmPad in 1991, it had less than $9 million in annual revenues. Five years later, it had $200 million in annual revenues.

Good luck seeing that in the propaganda piece.

AmPad later went bankrupt and the hit piece does its best to lead you to believe this was somehow Mitt's fault.

But do you know what kind of company AmPad is?

I say "is" because AmPad is still around. Surpiiiiiiise!!!! Bet you didn't now that, either.

AmPad makes note pads and envelopes. Stationery.

Now stop and think for a minute. Hmmmmm. Late 90s. Things start going downhill for AmPad.

What else was going on back then?

OH! FUCK! THE INTERNET!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee-MAIL!!!!

How often have you used stationery since the dawn of the internet and electronic bill paying?

You think THAT might have to do with why a stationery company floundered?

Ever hear of the US Postal Service? Maybe you have heard they are also suffering from the dramatic drop in snail mail. They are broke, too.

Put down the bong. Stop drinking Newt's piss from it. He's off the reservation, spouting marxist propaganda, saying Free Enterprise is an evil thing. Saying rich people aren't taxed enough.

Think about that. He's saying rich people aren't taxed enough. He is playing the class warfare card.

Incredible.

Last edited:
The abstract situation that I described has as much to do with "Free Enterprise" as when Paulson piped those billions through AIG's lifeless corpse so that his buddies at GS could get their '08 bonuses.

Companies tht sepecialized on breaking up companies who break up value was larger than their value as a going concern thrived in the 80s.

Often the whole point was to raid the workers pension funds.

If you believe what you see in a PAC TV ad, you deserve to be lied to.

For example, AmPad. Newt's rich buddy gets a few sorry looking ex-employees who talk about losing their jobs to illustrate that Romney is all about "profits before people".

So Newt's going the marxist route. Amazing.

But here's the thing. When Bain Capital bought AmPad in 1991, it had less than $9 million in annual revenues. Five years later, it had $200 million in annual revenues.

Good luck seeing that in the propaganda piece.

AmPad later went bankrupt and the hit piece does its best to lead you to believe this was somehow Mitt's fault.

But do you know what kind of company AmPad is?

I say "is" because AmPad is still around. Surpiiiiiiise!!!! Bet you didn't now that, either.

Put down the bong. Stop drinking Newt's piss from it. He's off the reservation, spouting marxist propaganda, saying Free Enterprise is an evil thing. Saying rich people aren't taxed enough.

Think about that. He's saying rich people aren't taxed enough. He is playing the class warfare card.

Incredible.

Get real. AmPad had only 11 million in debt when Bain Took it over, and it had 400 million in debt when it declared bankruptcy.

Bain pocketed millions, and investors were left with worthless paper.

I do agree that Newt is probalby pitching the argument to the wrong audience. Lots of working class Republicans fool themselves into thinking they have common cause with the guys riding polo ponies.

They don't.

But when Obama pitches it, it's going to be a hundred times more effective when his Hollywood buddies get those same AmPad workers to cry on cue. Rising dramatic music. Picture of shuttered factories and foreclosed homes. Obama/Clinton 2012.

The question is, will Republicans step into the trap?

Apparently not. :lol:

But I have no doubt that Romney's detractors will latch on to the emotionally challenged bullshit and run with it like it's the Gospel.

Yes, ruined lives and diminished economic power for the middle class is something that resonates with people in the real world.

Sorry you can't see that.

Romney- The McJobs Creator...

But I have no doubt that Romney's detractors will latch on to the emotionally challenged bullshit and run with it like it's the Gospel.

Yes, ruined lives and diminished economic power for the middle class is something that resonates with people in the real world.

There is no shame in working for McDonalds. Not everyone is capable of reaching CEO status. I don't know why you think it's ok to demean honest work for your petty bullshit.

There is no shame in working for McDonalds. Not everyone is capable of reaching CEO status. I don't know why you think it's ok to demean honest work for your petty bullshit.

Not demeaning the worker, just the attitude behind the idea- Low pay, no skill, no benefits, all to make rich douchebags richer...

And if folks like Romney have their way, soon to be the only kind of jobs available in this country. and we'd better learn to like it.

Not demeaning the worker, just the attitude behind the idea- Low pay, no skill, no benefits, all to make rich douchebags richer...

And if folks like Romney have their way, soon to be the only kind of jobs available in this country. and we'd better learn to like it.

I assume you never eat at a fast food restaurant then... right?

As of today, I have the options of:

A serial cheater, who lied before the ethics committee, faced 84 ethics violations charges and wiggled off of the majority - which says more about the unethical behavior of the committee than it does about his 'innocence'. A DC-insider. Corrupt, unethical, lying, cheating scum bag who uses God like a formal jacket that he cloaks himself in when convenient.

A hard working, successful, wealthy, flawed individual who, while I don't agree with him on many policies.... at least has the experience to manage the economy and, by doing so, create a solid foundation for the private sector to drive us out of recession.

Or... I can do a write in.

So - unless someone proves to me that Romney is not worthy of the Office of President, he gets my vote.

Logic over emotion. And it's as easy as that.

I assume you never eat at a fast food restaurant then... right?

As of today, I have the options of:

A serial cheater, who lied before the ethics committee, faced 84 ethics violations charges and wiggled off of the majority - which says more about the unethical behavior of the committee than it does about his 'innocence'. A DC-insider. Corrupt, unethical, lying, cheating scum bag who uses God like a formal jacket that he cloaks himself in when convenient.

A hard working, successful, wealthy, flawed individual who, while I don't agree with him on many policies.... at least has the experience to manage the economy and, by doing so, create a solid foundation for the private sector to drive us out of recession.

Or... I can do a write in.

So - unless someone proves to me that Romney is not worthy of the Office of President, he gets my vote.

Logic over emotion. And it's as easy as that.

YOu wouldn't know logic if it bit you in the ass.

He's a Mormon. That means he believes God was talking to Joseph Smith. Con Man and Pedophile.

That automatically- and logically- disqualifies him from being president.

If you think God was talking to Joseph Smith, you just don't have the reasoning skills to have the nukes. Sorry.

The problem is, there's a hell of a lot more in between McDonald's and CEO. At least there should be.... but it seems that those "in between" positions are dwindling and the McDonald's level positions are growing. The CEO's? They're doing better than they ever have in the history of the United States.... at the expense of those "in-between-ers"

But you don't believe that. I know... I'm talking to a wall.....again.

Again- who was hurt by Newt's "Ethics Charges".

Who was hurt by Romney' Corporate Raiding and Vulture Capitalism.

I base "morality" not on laws or sky pixies, but on the practical matter of its effects on other people.

That disqualifies Romney to my mind. He screwed over working folks to make himself richer when he didn't need the money. That might be okay in your book, and if it is, I kind of feel sorry for you.

That's your response? Really?

Yeah, its usable in all sorts of situations to make it appear you are smart. You just claim the other person doesnt know what they are talking about without providing any more clarity. It's done alot on Faux News to people with a different opinion.

Opinion: We shouldnt have invaded Iraq
RW: You have no idea whats going on in Iraq, do you?

See, snark doesnt need answers...Snark questions YOUR answers

Forum List

Back