Romney of 2012 is Kerry of 2004

In 2004 the "base" of the Democrats were pulling for Howard Dean, but he wasn't the candidate of the establishment so the Democrats ended up with John Kerry, a candidate nobody was particularly passionate about. Remind you of anyone?

In 2004 most Democrats were motivated by "anybody but Bush" and were not voting FOR Kerry, but against Bush. Sound familiar?

I'll jump to the end...Kerry lost.

Kerry's arrogance was way more abrassive than Romney's

In 2004 the "base" of the Democrats were pulling for Howard Dean, but he wasn't the candidate of the establishment so the Democrats ended up with John Kerry, a candidate nobody was particularly passionate about. Remind you of anyone?

In 2004 most Democrats were motivated by "anybody but Bush" and were not voting FOR Kerry, but against Bush. Sound familiar?

Kerry's arrogance was way more abrassive than Romney's

Amen.

:)

peace...

A more likely scenario, Obama of 2012 is Carter of 1980. Obama cannot run on his record and that will hurt him. Americans hate his health care plan and the 878 BILLION stimulus of YOUR tax money was a failure. High unemployent has come to defiine the Obama adminstration.

President Obama CAN run on his record. 22 straight months of job gains and an economy that IS improving. As for the Affordable Care act, a lot wish it went much further, but they don't "hate" it nor is there an overwhelming desire to repeal it.

Also, to paint the stimulus as a "failure" would be to ignore the majority of economists who credit it from keeping us from a depression.

I will finish by saying that Romney is no Reagan. People liked Reagan.

22 straight months of tepid job gains despite the Fed keeping interest rates at near 0 and us going deep into debt for the Obama Stimulus, something that was such a fiasco that this Administration had to invent a new economic statistic "jobs saved" to hide the outcome...is hardly something to run on. And I'd love to see the "majority" of economists that think the stimulus kept us from a depression. TARP kept the financial systems solvent. The Obama Stimulus was a trillion dollar Keynesian science project slash progressive boondoggle that failed to do what it was supposed to do...keep unemployment from going up.

Forum List

Back