romney & obama - one in the same

blu

Sep 21, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZLqsRqKFyI&sns=fb]Romney Vs Obama - Same Issues, Same Answers! - YouTube[/ame]

I don't agree that they are "the same" - certainly they are not on gay marriage, foreign policy etc,

but American politics are in gridlock, because both parties need votes from the centre to rule. So both parties have to issue policies that appeal to the centre, and that means that they issue the same policies.

They're not the same. I get the republicrat thing and yes they're both bland, cliche loving politicians, but I think they have different viewpoints.

They're not the same. I get the republicrat thing and yes they're both bland, cliche loving politicians, but I think they have different viewpoints.
Really? Did you watch the video? you seem to be in denial...? other than mitt's plan to cut taxes even more on the wealthiest and raise them on the rest of us....they seem to have the same stances on issues such as health insurance for all, gun back ground checks to prevent the mentally ill from owning guns, Bernanke doing a good job, TARP being a necessity, the Obama stimulus being a necessity, the auto bail out being a good thing etc etc etc....

Sounds like Romney is President Obama's biggest supporter!:clap2:

Last edited:
Really? Did you watch the video? you seem to be in denial...? other than mitt's plan to cut taxes even more on the wealthiest and raise them on the rest of us....they seem to have the same stances on issues such as health insurance for all, gun back ground checks to prevent the mentally ill from owning guns, Bernanke doing a good job, TARP being a necessity, the Obama stimulus being a necessity, the auto bail out being a good thing etc etc etc....

Really, so he supports Obamacare? he's pro abortion? he's pro gay marriage? he's for higher taxes?
Look he ran in Mass, he had a democratic legislature so I'll give him a break, if he pulls that shit at a national level then he'll be one and done.

Last edited:
Just to let you know, I support Scott Brown in Mass, I dont agree with all of his policies, but it's fucking MAssachusettes, they're brain dead and vote for democrats reflexively and so I'll get the best deal I can. SAme with the President, I'm not a huge Romney fan, but he's better than Obama

btw, having two parties which closely resemble each other is inevitable in a two-party state.

Until the US embraces multi-party democracy, it will remain in political gridlock.

btw, having two parties which closely resemble each other is inevitable in a two-party state.

Until the US embraces multi-party democracy, it will remain in political gridlock.

Look I hate the 2 party system, but it's the best one. a multiparty state sucks beyond belief. anything is better than a single party state, but multi party is Continental Europe and no I dont want that at all.

Really, so he supports Obamacare? he's pro abortion? he's pro gay marriage? he's for higher taxes?
Look he ran in Mass, he had a democratic legislature so I'll give him a break, if he pulls that shit at a national level then he'll be one and done.
yes, he was basically pro choice....before he was against it. Yes he was for obama care, even said he was flattered that Obama was using his plan....before he was against it, yes he supported civil unions with all benefits for the same sex couples being equal to any married couple.....before he was against it....

What this election (and all elections I would venture to guess), boils down to is more on who we all feel more 'comfortable' having as president.....Democrats with a Democratic president and Republicans with a Republican president....even if both candidates have the same stances.

yes, he was basically pro choice....before he was against it. Yes he was for obama care, even said he was flattered that Obama was using his plan....before he was against it, yes he supported civil unions with all benefits for the same sex couples being equal to any married couple.....before he was against it....

What this election (and all elections I would venture to guess), boils down to is more on who we all feel more 'comfortable' having as president.....Democrats with a Democratic president and Republicans with a Republican president....even if both candidates have the same stances.

Ok, let me explain, people can "evolve" apparently. Now he was running in Mass, so I will allow him a little leeway there. IF he does that nationaly, I will not vote for him. People in Mass like that shit, but people change Jesse JAckson was pro life in the 70s, I wonder why he is pro choice, think 1984..... it happens. I dont like it, but it is what it is.
And again I'm not a huge Romney fan, but he's faaaaar better than Obama...that I will say.

Last edited:

Look I hate the 2 party system, but it's the best one. a multiparty state sucks beyond belief. anything is better than a single party state, but multi party is Continental Europe and no I dont want that at all.

You have to be kidding - a two-party system is simply disastrous, and for exactly the reasons people point out on this thread.

As a voter you get very little choice.

Almost every developed country in the world has multi-party democracy - it really is only in the US that the two main parties refuse to allow you that option. Other countries have changed during the past 20 years because voters have demanded that choice.

Just to let you know, I support Scott Brown in Mass, I dont agree with all of his policies, but it's fucking MAssachusettes, they're brain dead and vote for democrats reflexively and so I'll get the best deal I can. SAme with the President, I'm not a huge Romney fan, but he's better than Obama
How can you say that though? How can you honestly say that Romney is better than Obama when they BOTH stand for the same things? Even monetary policy, Romney sides with obama and the fed. There is no real difference.... except an R or a D.

again, other than romney's plan to cut taxes on the wealthiest even more and raising them on the rest of us?

the difference is in tax policy....

that's it.

Forum List

Back