Romney-Obama Debate Thread

LOL! "Would have" LOL! :rolleyes: Nevermind that 'how' part.

by law they have to balance the budget so yes, they would have.

you can go back to licking mitt's ass now

Nevermind the 'how' part? Nevermind that the law does not prohibit carrying a deficit over to the next year?

Go back to New York.

never mind that you know less about mass law than you do a bushido, moto?

go back to ruh disland

Again and again and again, even from Fox pundits like O'Reilly and Hannity, I'm hearing the media wondering why Obama didn't hammer Romney on that 47% comment that the MSM and message boards have focused on no end. I honestly don't know if it wasn't brought up because Obama is so slow on his feet when he has to work without a teleprompter, or because of all the old videos that are beginning to surface giving Romney endless ammunition to use if he starts being attacked with smears.

Obama went right back onto the campaign trail Thursday and how many times now, aided and abetted by his surrogate media, has Romney been accused of lying all during Wednesday night's debate? They aren't real specific what the actual lies were. They just want their audience to believe it was all lies.

But how many 'lies' or compromising statements exist out there to use as ammunition against Obama? How truthful has he been?

Remember the speech when he bragged about how his grandfather rescued the Jews still living at Auschwitz? (Auschwitz was liberated by the Russians.) And Stanley Dunham did not liberate any Jews anywhere though Obama has a great uncle who is credited with being in the company that did liberate one Jewish internment camp.

And this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv4jnlkxOaw]Obama says his father served in World War II - YouTube[/ame]

If you do the math, Obama's father and stepfather were both in gradeschool when WWII ended. And in defense of Obama, he probably did mean his grandfather who did serve in WWII.

Now such mistakes in fact are forgivable in extemporaneous speaking and I can forgive anybody for getting details of their ancestry wrong. We all have probably been told many conflicting things about members of our own family. But when it comes to things the President brags about that actually affects us and is a bald face lie, we deserve to be informed of it.

But Obama gets a free ride on the 'innocent' lies and the important ones. The media shrugs them off and moves on. But they don't shrug ANYTHING off when Romney says it and they make it look as bad as they can as front page news. And even when they know it wasn't a lie, they twist it to make it look like it was.

And when that happens, those who don't watch the debate will have a much different impression than those who do. We deserve better.

Tonight's debate is the second in the Obama/Romney debates even though it is the Vice Presidential debate. It will certainly be spun by the media as reflecting on Obama and Romney far more than it will on Biden and Ryan.

I figure Biden has been under lock and key for the last seven days while answers are grilled into his head. I'm sure Ryan has reviewed the probable issues that will be brought up, most especially about his proposed budget, and he will be prepared for those questions. I also think Ryan understands all those numbers; Biden much less so.

I already have checked to be sure we have popcorn and fully expect to be entertained tonight more than actually informed.

How about you guys?

Last edited:
Edit: Whoops. The debate is tomorrow night. I was thinking it was every Wednesday in October but not so. So woo hoo. I don't have to give up Survivor or X-Factor to watch. :)

Biden isn't important enough to replace Thursday night football. So by having the debate during the game not as many will see him get embarrassed by Ryan.......

Forum List

Back