Romney now has a two point lead in Ohio

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Also democrats are down 10% in registerd voters from 2008 while republican remain about the same and independents rise.

Obama should be very worried

I can see the cons are back to believing the polls again today. This is only the third thread with the same OP on the first two pages of the Election Forums.

nothing has changed in ohio except for rasmussen.

nice try, though.

Honest question for ya:

What do you think the turnout split will be in OH on election night?

Give it in D/R/I numbers.

i think the dems have a great ground game.

and nate says that obama has a seventy-five percent chance of taking ohio.

all things being equal... i'll go with nate... whose interest is in being dead-on again...

Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com

now let me ask you a question...

do you think rasmussen is the only poll that miraculously has mittens winning in ohio where he said they should have lost the millions of jobs that support the auto industry?

Last edited:
nothing has changed in ohio except for rasmussen.

nice try, though.

Honest question for ya:

What do you think the turnout split will be in OH on election night?

Give it in D/R/I numbers.

i think the dems have a great ground game.

and nate says that obama has a seventy-five percent chance of taking ohio.

all things being equal... i'll go with nate... whose interest is in being dead-on again...

Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com

What is your predicted split for Ohio? (D/R/I)

On Nate "Lefty" Silver:

Nate Silver is partisan and wrong. The voters will decide Romney v Obama, not The New York Times – Telegraph Blogs

1. Nate isn’t very good at calling close elections.
2. People make their minds up at the last minute, which confuses the outcome of close elections.
3. Nate weights polls, meaning that he picks and chooses which data sets to run through his model.
4. Nate ignores polls that contradict him. So PPP is right and Gallup is wrong.
5. Politics is even riskier than baseball and “stuff happens.”

Rasmussen was one of two pollsters not to call an Obama victory in Ohio in 2008. Let's see if they are wrong again.

Also democrats are down 10% in registerd voters from 2008 while republican remain about the same and independents rise.

Obama should be very worried

what an idiot. No one ever said Democrats would register in the same numbers. :lol:

Your info is already entered into most models that predict a close race based on a handful of states.

News Flash: President Obama not as popular today as 4 years ago. :rofl:

Rasmussen was one of two pollsters not to call an Obama victory in Ohio in 2008. Let's see if they are wrong again.

Different time...

People want change, but that's not good for Barry...

Barry? :cuckoo:

usmbhouseoutrecovery.jpg

I can see the cons are back to believing the polls again today. This is only the third thread with the same OP on the first two pages of the Election Forums.

Did you know that President Obama is not as popular this year as he was 4 years ago? Yep, and another thing, Democratic registration nation wide is down. :lol:

Now about the analysis of polling data...

Forget about convention bumps and bumps after debates. The past is gone. The future? Hurricane Sandy World Series will be entered into poll models. :lol:

To make matters worse for the Republicans, they have had to endure the site of one of their own campaign surrogates praising the President for his rapid response to the crisis. At a press conference in Trenton on Monday, Chris Christie, the governor of New Jersey, thanked Obama for approving a state of emergency in New Jersey even before the storm had arrived, which enables the state government to access federal funds and help from FEMA. “We appreciate the president’s efforts in that regard,” Christie said. “He and his staff worked tremendously hard.” Confirming that Obama had promised to be there for New Jersey over the coming days, the governor added: “The President assured me on the phone that we’d get his immediate personal attention.”

October 29, 2012
Obama Takes Early Lead in Hurricane Sandy World Series
Posted by John Cassidy

Read more Obama Takes Early Lead in Hurricane Sandy World Series : The New Yorker

-- and just in case wingnuts want to revisit the past --

October 28, 2012
Cassidy’s Count: Can Romney Win Without Ohio?
Posted by John Cassidy

Read more Cassidy's Count: Can Romney Win Without Ohio? : The New Yorker

---

Last edited:
The Rasmussen poll showed a big split between those who voted early and those who plan to vote on or closer to Election Day. For the one-third of voters who already cast their ballots, Obama was leading 62-36 percent. Romney, though, had a big lead among those who haven't voted yet.

Read more: Poll gives Romney edge in Ohio as battleground contest tightens | Fox News

I think some people were having fun with the pollsters on this one; one way or the other.

On Nate "Lefty" Silver:

Nate Silver is partisan and wrong. The voters will decide Romney v Obama, not The New York Times – Telegraph Blogs

2. People make their minds up at the last minute, which confuses the outcome of close elections.
3. Nate weights polls, meaning that he picks and chooses which data sets to run through his model.

Yea he was only off by like 6 electoral votes in2008. But who's counting

On Nate "Lefty" Silver:

maybe truth has a liberal bias.

funny how y'all looooove gallup right now.

until you don't.

and i haven't seen any reason to believe your post. particularly given that nate is the one that is spot on. but then again, i don't gauge the accuracy of a statistician by whether they tell me what i want to hear.

Last edited:
On Nate "Lefty" Silver:

maybe truth has a liberal bias.

funny how y'all looooove gallup right now.

until you don't.

and i haven't seen any reason to believe your post. particularly given that nate is the one that is spot on. but then again, i don't gauge the accuracy of a statistician by whether they tell me what i want to hear.

House, he has issues. :redface:

usmbhouseout.jpg

Forum List

Back