Romney: More Voodoo Economics???

maybe you and your fucky little jet should stay out of the country permanently

Where have we heard "voodoo economics" before? From George HW Bush running against Reagan, who promised exactly what Romney is promising.
And the result? One of the longest peace time expansions of the economy post war
Yep and that expansion saw 25% less economic growth a 20% increase in poverty and a decline in wages/wealth for 80% of Americans

, defeat of the Soviet Union which allowed Clinton to cut the military and come closer to a balanced budget.
I see so according to you the USSR did not collapse because communism was an inefficent economic system

Now that the field is clear and Romney is the nominee let's take a look at his proposals on fixing the economy......

Romney says he wants to put the nation on a path to a balanced budget while also cutting an array of taxes, building up the Navy and Air Force and adding 100,000 active-duty military personnel.

Sound familiar?????

I have three major ways that we can get ourselves to a balanced budget,” he told voters this month in Warwick, R.I. “Number one is to eliminate some programs. Stop, eliminate them. Not just slow down their rate of growth. But look at programs and say, ‘Too many, too big, too expensive, too ineffective, get rid of it.’

Where have we heard that before????

He missed a perfect opportunity.

You don't often hear the hard truth from the GOP.

Another GOP truth teller!!

More tax cuts without offering a way to pay for them. Good idea!!!! That will sure fix the deficit.

Romney would keep the Bush-era tax cuts, and further reduce all marginal income tax rates by 20 percent. He says he would lower the corporate tax rate, eliminate the estate tax, push a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution and make $500 billion in unspecified domestic discretionary spending cuts in 2016.

Uh-huh. And if you believe he can do all that and still balance the budget........:lol:

Whether these campaign ideas are called proposals, aspirations or promises, they are easier to talk about than to achieve.

No shit......

PROMISES, PROMISES: Questions about Romney vows to cut taxes, expand military, balance budget - The Washington Post
Yes, all too familiar. Why middle and lower class republicans buy into that is a mystery. It's only to the advantage to those making millions of dollars a year.

Where have we heard "voodoo economics" before? From George HW Bush running against Reagan, who promised exactly what Romney is promising.
And the result? One of the longest peace time expansions of teh economy post war, defeat of the Soviet Union which allowed Clinton to cut the military and come closer to a balanced budget.
Yeah, if Mitt is promising that I'll vote for him for sure.

Why are you lying? The fact remains that Reagan raised taxes, after the supply side pipe dream FAILED, seven times. Clinton, by raising marginal rates for those who reaped the most, resulted not only in closest we've come to a balanced unified budget, but made our dollar the strongest it's been since Nixon got us off of the silly gold standard.

And the result? One of the longest peace time expansions of teh economy post war, defeat of the Soviet Union which allowed Clinton to cut the military and come closer to a balanced budget.
Yeah, if Mitt is promising that I'll vote for him for sure.

Why are you lying? The fact remains that Reagan raised taxes, after the supply side pipe dream FAILED, seven times. Clinton, by raising marginal rates for those who reaped the most, resulted not only in closest we've come to a balanced unified budget, but made our dollar the strongest it's been since Nixon got us off of the silly gold standard.

Why do you lie? Are you igmorant of the truth or merely a hyper-partisan shill?

Forum List

Back