Romney locks up nomination

Zander

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2009
Los Angeles CA
That's it folks. Romney swept all three primaries tonight and will now be the nominee. It is a mathematical certainty. He has 658 of the 1144 needed to win and only needs 486 to be official (for the pedants). Let's look at the numbers...

California is a winner take all state and has 172 delegates - Mitt will win there in a walk - so really he needs 314. New York, New Jersey and Utah are all winner take all states and he will win those with no problem - that's another 184 delegates - so in reality he needs only 130 more delegates- less than 20% of the remaining delegates .... It's a done deal folks.

mitt-romney-logo.jpg

That's it folks. Romney swept all three primaries tonight and will now be the nominee. It is a mathematical certainty. He has 658 of the 1144 needed to win and only needs 486 to be official (for the pedants). Let's look at the numbers...

California is a winner take all state and has 172 delegates - Mitt will win there in a walk - so really he needs 314. New York, New Jersey and Utah are all winner take all states and he will win those with no problem - that's another 184 delegates - so in reality he needs only 130 more delegates- less than 20% of the remaining delegates .... It's a done deal folks.

mitt-romney-logo.jpg

Oh fuck.

Given what a pandering dork he has been so far, now what's he gonna become as he makes the famed "move to the middle?"

I see the Romney "believe" logo and the O just gets larger and larger and larger.

R O m n e y

R O m n e y

R O m n e y

R O m n e y

R O m n e y

R O m n e y

R O m n e y

R O m n e y
. B
. A
. M
. A

:eek:

:eusa_sick::puke:

Last edited:
Was Ryan's introduction of Romney tonight an audition for the VP slot?
Ryan misspoke again when he said that Obama promised to be a "uniter, not a divider" ... that was Bush, Jr., not Obama.

Romney cant go wrong with plenty of great VP choices, hey, I will be just as pleased with Rubio, Ryan,McDonnell, even John Thune (although he's never mentioned). If Rubio says no, Its gona be a touch decision between the other two. McDonnell will help sweep the south, Ryan will help sweep the midwest&rust belt.

Ryan misspoke again when he said that Obama promised to be a "uniter, not a divider" ... that was Bush, Jr., not Obama.

President Obama has been a UNITER!

:clap2:

He united CONGRESS!

"Zero Votes" - YouTube

They unanimously voted against HIS budget proposal!

Santorum could still surprise Romney.

The chances do seem pretty bleak, though.

I mean, I can see Romney taking California and New York. But can you really picture Santorum doing either?

And as for what I said before, let me double down on that.

Standard campaign wisdom is that after you nail down the nomination by appealing to your base, you then are obligated to move to the middle to attract wider support in the general election against the other party's nominee.

Take a waffling pandering guy like Romney. Add a goodly dose of "moving to the middle" and what do you have?

A candidate with neither core nor backbone.

The ONLY good thing about him is that he aint President Obama.

No it's not over yet. But the probability is high that Romney will be the nominee. Let's keep the race going. Free publicity for Romney is always good.

I dont think Romney is going to change for the general. I think the media makes him out to be worse than he truly is.

mitt-romney-logo.jpg
I think that will be good for America. :)

No it's not over yet. But the probability is high that Romney will be the nominee. Let's keep the race going. Free publicity for Romney is always good.

I dont think Romney is going to change for the general. I think the media makes him out to be worse than he truly is.

No Avatar, it really is OVER. Romney has it sewn up.

Time to unite and take down the nincompoop Obama. :clap2:

He united CONGRESS!

"Zero Votes" - YouTube

Never felt less divided over it!

I'd give you a resolute "maybe" on that one if I knew what the fuck you were trying to grunt out this time.

As Don Meredith used to sing turn out the lights the party's over there is no realistic way for Santorum to win this now the only question left is how long before he finally concedes.

He united CONGRESS!

"Zero Votes" - YouTube

I'd give you a resolute "maybe" on that one if I knew what the fuck you were trying to grunt out this time.

Emotion are using up valued focus, All I read is same
old spew mostly. Mixing of issues, directed at meaningless
target overall with little change on long term. In the bigger
picture, oops got to clean my shirt...
1984 future

Last edited:

Emotion are using up valued focus, All I read is same
old spew mostly. Mixing of issues, directed at meaningless
target overall with little change on long term. In the bigger
picture, oops got to clean my shirt...
1984 future

When in the course of. Laundry for dirt removal
stale coffee sometimes. Mixing parts in the blender at somnolence
pretty pictures with words spewed over the pages. The long and the short
of it -- holy fucking toldeo ..
it's 1916 sometime in the past!

Yeah, the sweep tonight ended it. He wins the nomination.

All told, he was the best one to get as a nominee for the GOP all told. He's got the money and resources to fight Obama, and he'll need both as Obama is going to fight dirty and take advantage of the Citizen's United ruling. Santorum would have been chewed up by the Super PAC's on the Left before he even had a chance to understand what a Super PAC was. And Newt was never a real candidate anyways.

I won't be bothered by a move to center, i.e. Left by Romney. There's a lot of moderates and folks that are just left of center that aren't all that happy with Obama. If Romney moves center he can pick those guys up and have a shot at winning the election. If he does something stupid like continue to head Right he'll alienate those guys and lose.

I guess this is the point where we start talking running mates. Ryan would motivate the GOP base, but would alienate the moderates and middle left folks Romney would be trying to pick up. Plus, you don't really need a Veep to motivate the base as Obama is doing that for you. So I'm thinking Ryan is out.

There's talk of Chris Christie, but I generally don't feel like he's ready for the national stage yet. Give him 4 years he'll be ready to make a run at the Oval Office.

There's Jindal. He's doing a lot of things that are making the GOP base happy here in Louisana, but it's Ryan all over again coupled with the terrible State of the Union response. So probably no.

If he picks Rubio, that would work out for him pretty well as it would get him a battleground state well in hand and Rubio isn't known for being the kind of guy to alienate Moderates at this point.

You should expect to see a bump in the polls for Romney. There's usually two bumps you can count on, the post "I won" bump and the post Convention bump. The best way to tell if Obama is in trouble is to see if the bump Romney picks up tomorrow morning sticks until the convention. If it does, then you could be seeing Obama on the losing end of this one.

He united CONGRESS!

"Zero Votes" - YouTube

Santorum could still surprise Romney.

The chances do seem pretty bleak, though.

I mean, I can see Romney taking California and New York. But can you really picture Santorum doing either?

And as for what I said before, let me double down on that.

Standard campaign wisdom is that after you nail down the nomination by appealing to your base, you then are obligated to move to the middle to attract wider support in the general election against the other party's nominee.

Take a waffling pandering guy like Romney. Add a goodly dose of "moving to the middle" and what do you have?

A candidate with neither core nor backbone.

The ONLY good thing about him is that he aint President Obama.

If Romney takes Penn., or comes within say 2-4 % points, I'll say Romney has it locked up. I still think Santorum would be the best choice for Romney's VP, AMONG Republicans, though there is Great Wall of China, not fences, to be mended.

Forum List

Back