Romney leads Obama in Michigan

The sweeping changes that came to Michigan's tax structure last year -- particularly business taxes -- has prompted a Washington tax advocacy group to vault the state to seventh from 49th nationally in terms of corporate tax climate.

The announcement came Monday from Gov. Rick Snyder during a speech to the Detroit Economic Club.

"We need to create an environment for private-sector jobs to flourish. It starts with balancing the budget and tax reform," Snyder said. "We have a strong state."

The nonprofit Tax Foundation took into account the full implementation of the state's new flat 6% corporate income tax, which replaced the much-maligned Michigan Business Tax.

"It certainly is one of the better reforms we've seen," said Mark Robyn, an economist with the nonpartisan Tax Foundation, which advocates for simple, neutral and broad-based tax policy. "But you started out with a really bad system

Gov. Rick Snyder: Reforms turn Michigan's tax climate sunny | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

and you are concluding this how, exactly?

You seem to like the idea of an economy in Michigan that requires the populace to be fed in soup lines.............so you can feel good about feeding the hungry. Get it?

You seem to be completely delusional and concluding things Ive never said or suggested.

I just said there is nothing wrong with soup lines. They serve a purpose.

There is something wrong with soup lines. Needing them is something wrong.

You seem to like the idea of an economy in Michigan that requires the populace to be fed in soup lines.............so you can feel good about feeding the hungry. Get it?

You seem to be completely delusional and concluding things Ive never said or suggested.

No need to worry Obama is signing up 10s of thousands for Food stamps every year:eusa_eh:

You seem to have a form of Munchausen by proxy syndrome.

and you are concluding this how, exactly?

I love Michigan. I'm making that perfectly clear right here right now. I may be a huge canuck conservative but I love you guys even though you voted for Granholme.

OK I had to take the shot. I'm giving you the proverbial Gordie Howe in the corner here.

:lol:

Come on guys.

imgres

Why isnt this picture showing up?

Last edited:

There will always be poor people who need food because of circumstances beyond their control. There will be others who need food because they were foolish. I see nothing bad about making sure they are provided for. In fact, I find it quite good. It's our responsibility to take care of the poor in our family and in our communities when they need food.

It's only when we outsource our personal responsibilities to government far removed from the situation that problems are caused.

Just may lose? That sounds different than:

Romney is going to be the nominee, the Republican party, moderates and conservatives will rally around him, and he will beat Obama in the general election. The 20% club better get used to saying "President Romney".

While you're at it, might as well get used to saying "former President Obama"......Zander 3/4/2012

What gives?

I still feel that way. It is LIBERALS like you that are just now beginning to realize that their messiah Obama- "just may lose".

Last edited:
Odd, since Romney would see those people in a soup line if they followed his policies.

Favorite comment.

Is there something wrong with soup lines? I would love to see those who are hungry get fed.

In a country where 1 % of the people control 40% of the wealth there is..

I want to see those who are close to populating the lines..get jobs.

That's not what Romney wants. He wants to raid their 401ks and bank accounts.

The Middle Class still have some wealth.

And to a Cat like Romney..that means opportunity!

Wow Sallow, just think if Romney gets elected you might be able to find a job. Well, unless you just don't really want one.

Odd, since Romney would see those people in a soup line if they followed his policies.

Favorite comment.

Is there something wrong with soup lines? I would love to see those who are hungry get fed.

There is no set amount of wealth. New wealth is created every day, old money can be wiped out as well. The problem with you people is you think the federal government should determine how much money people should be allowed to earn:cuckoo:

Last edited:

There is no set amount of wealth. New wealth is created every day, old money can be wiped out as well. The problem with you people is you think the federal government should determined how much money people should be allowed to earn:cuckoo:

Why did you put that "d" at the end of determine in that last sentence?

There is no set amount of wealth. New wealth is created every day, old money can be wiped out as well. The problem with you people is you think the federal government should determined how much money people should be allowed to earn:cuckoo:

That is untrue, you know. For some reason, you believe it.........but it is untrue.

Why did you put that "d" at the end of determine in that last sentence?

Typo I'll fix it for you

There is no set amount of wealth. New wealth is created every day, old money can be wiped out as well. The problem with you people is you think the federal government should determine how much money people should be allowed to earn:cuckoo:

That is untrue, you know. For some reason, you believe it.........but it is untrue.

What part is not true?

When my husband was stationed at Saturn in Tennessee we met the most wonderous of people from Michigan who had to relocate just to have jobs. They couldn't believe their own state drove jobs away.

Now we all had a wonderful and very prosperous time there, but these friends of mine missed their families and their friends. It was hard on them. Me I loved it being a gardener we are talking 10 months of growing season YAY!!!!!!

And I love the south because it's the south. So many families uprooted though from Michigan and you could tell they hurt.

What a story! Thanks for sharing.

Michigan is drop dead gorgeous. Most people just know the state from pictures of urban but man oh man it's a beautiful place. The UP is to die for.

And the people are awesome. Some of the kindest people you ever met in your life.

I've lived in Michigan all my live...for a couple years we lived in the Calumet area (as far north as you can get!). It's wonderful up there! But the rest of the time we've lived near the Grand Rapids area. I love this state....and i think with all the talk i hear, that Romney will take it ! :clap2:

Also...my next favorite state is Tennessee!! My son was stationed at Ft Campbell for a couple years so we went there a lot. That's where we want to go when we retire~!

Forum List

Back