Romney Leads Obama Among Independents

blackmagic01

Rookie
Mar 14, 2012
Obama-Romney Race Toss-Up in Poll Showing Independents Critical

Quote:
A strengthening economy and a contentious Republican primary have not translated into a wave of support for President Barack Obama, who runs even in a matchup against his likely challenger, Mitt Romney.
Obama and Romney are backed by 47 percent of likely general election voters, while the president outruns the other Republican candidates, a Bloomberg National Poll conducted March 8-11 shows. While Obama’s job approval has improved among independents, whose votes will swing the election in November, 49 percent support Romney and 41 percent Obama in the survey.

There were a couple of new Polls that came out yesterday showing Obama with a sizeable lead over the Weird Mormon Robot.

FOX News 3/10 - 3/12 912 RV 46 42 Obama +4
Rasmussen Tracking 3/11 - 3/13 1500 LV 44 46 Romney +2
Reuters/Ipsos 3/8 - 3/11 937 RV 52 41 Obama +11
Bloomberg 3/8 - 3/11 746 LV 47 47 Tie
Pew Research 3/7 - 3/11 1188 RV 54 42 Obama +12
CBS News/NY Times 3/7 - 3/11 878 RV 47 44 Obama +3
ABC News/Wash Post 3/7 - 3/10 RV 47 49 Romney +2
IBD/CSM/TIPP 3/4 - 3/11 807 RV 46 41 Obama +5

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Two show Magic Underpants up, one tie, and five showing Obama with a lead.

Again, though, I'm not putting a lot of stock at this point. Romney is having a hard time beating Santorum, a has been with no organization, no money and fairly whacky views. He should be firing his campaign managers like they wuz AmPad workers the way they've mismanged this campaign.

I can only imagine what's going to happen when he comes up against Obama's well-oiled machine.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpBkc2jK-6w]Bambi vs Godzilla - YouTube[/ame]

There were a couple of new Polls that came out yesterday showing Obama with a sizeable lead over the Weird Mormon Robot.

FOX News 3/10 - 3/12 912 RV 46 42 Obama +4
Rasmussen Tracking 3/11 - 3/13 1500 LV 44 46 Romney +2
Reuters/Ipsos 3/8 - 3/11 937 RV 52 41 Obama +11
Bloomberg 3/8 - 3/11 746 LV 47 47 Tie
Pew Research 3/7 - 3/11 1188 RV 54 42 Obama +12
CBS News/NY Times 3/7 - 3/11 878 RV 47 44 Obama +3
ABC News/Wash Post 3/7 - 3/10 RV 47 49 Romney +2
IBD/CSM/TIPP 3/4 - 3/11 807 RV 46 41 Obama +5

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Two show Magic Underpants up, one tie, and five showing Obama with a lead.

Again, though, I'm not putting a lot of stock at this point. Romney is having a hard time beating Santorum, a has been with no organization, no money and fairly whacky views. He should be firing his campaign managers like they wuz AmPad workers the way they've mismanged this campaign.

I can only imagine what's going to happen when he comes up against Obama's well-oiled machine.

Bambi vs Godzilla - YouTube

Well to be fair..look at who they are trying to appeal to at this point. Bat shit crazy tea party types.

In the general, Romney is going to morph into yet another iteration of Romney that is more centrist.

And he will be telling everyone not to pay attention to the Romney that ran during the primaries.

Situational ethics..ya know! :D

Obamma isn't winning any friends amongst Latino's ,ICE has split up many families and they are not happy,he campaigned in 08 on immigration reform,non has come about,but deportations are way up.

They feel betrayed and he doesn't have time to do anything about it.

Well to be fair..look at who they are trying to appeal to at this point. Bat shit crazy tea party types.

In the general, Romney is going to morph into yet another iteration of Romney that is more centrist.

And he will be telling everyone not to pay attention to the Romney that ran during the primaries.

I don't see how he distances himself from Romney of the primaries. As it is, you are going to have a bunch of commercials showing him saying contradictory things between 2002 Romney and 2012 Romney. Flipping a third time, will just make it all look worse.

He has to. This is gonna be good LOL

Last edited:

I don't see how he distances himself from Romney of the primaries. As it is, you are going to have a bunch of commercials showing him saying contradictory things between 2002 Romney and 2012 Romney. Flipping a third time, will just make it all look worse.

You'd have to know CEO mentality to understand that one. They live on a totally different level. Which is why he's having trouble actually connecting with anyone.

Obamma isn't winning any friends amongst Latino's ,ICE has split up many families and they are not happy,he campaigned in 08 on immigration reform,non has come about,but deportations are way up.

They feel betrayed and he doesn't have time to do anything about it.

Polls seem to indicate he's doing better against Romney with Latinos than he did with McCain.

Romney has really demagogued the immigration issue, opposing the DREAM Act and bashing in state tuition in Texas.

Not to mention his whacky religion thinks hispanics have dark skin because God cursed them for killing the Nephites.

denise-maria-2.jpg

Cursed by God, apparently!

You'd have to know CEO mentality to understand that one. They live on a totally different level. Which is why he's having trouble actually connecting with anyone.

I thought it was because he was a weird robot from the Planet Kolob!

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

The Republicans find themselves in quite the conundrum. They realize that their only chance in the general is to nominate Romney, but they also have to know that in order to win over the voters that will put him over the top, Romney is going to have to 180 (again) on a number of issues, which begs the question if one can truly believe anything he says (or even if HE believes anything he says). Their only other choice is to pick Santorum, who while appearing to be earnest and consistent in his beliefs, is arguably batshit crazy, and will alienate those voters the Republicans must have to win.

What to do, what to do ....

The Republicans find themselves in quite the conundrum. They realize that their only chance in the general is to nominate Romney, but they also have to know that in order to win over the voters that will put him over the top, Romney is going to have to 180 (again) on a number of issues, which begs the question if one can truly believe anything he says (or even if HE believes anything he says). Their only other choice is to pick Santorum, who while appearing to be earnest and consistent in his beliefs, is arguably batshit crazy, and will alienate those voters the Republicans must have to win.

Well, I don't buy that Romney is the "only chance". I think what he is a candidate that everyone builds up, until they actually hear him talk. He was doing really well in polls against Ted Kennedy in 1994, until people started digging into his business record. He was doing well against Shannon O'Brien, until people got a good look at him. Only reason he won was the Democrats and Greens split the vote. He spent 100 million in 2008, and lost to Huckabee and McCain. And this time, with the GOP establishment pulling out all the stops to rig the game in his favor, he's still struggling.

Santorum, on the other hand, is hardly "batshit crazy". He holds views liberals don't like.
But the GOP has never lost wearing their social values on their sleeves.

I think the strength of Santorum is that he connects with working people and their concerns.

Well, I don't buy that Romney is the "only chance". I think what he is a candidate that everyone builds up, until they actually hear him talk. He was doing really well in polls against Ted Kennedy in 1994, until people started digging into his business record. He was doing well against Shannon O'Brien, until people got a good look at him. Only reason he won was the Democrats and Greens split the vote. He spent 100 million in 2008, and lost to Huckabee and McCain. And this time, with the GOP establishment pulling out all the stops to rig the game in his favor, he's still struggling.

Santorum, on the other hand, is hardly "batshit crazy". He holds views liberals don't like.
But the GOP has never lost wearing their social values on their sleeves.

I think the strength of Santorum is that he connects with working people and their concerns.

You're right about that, I don't like what Santorum stands for, but I don't dislike him as a person. He strikes me as genuine, albeit misguided. Same with Obama at times. Even where I disagree with him, I think his heart is in the right place. IMO, both want what's best for this country and desire to work toward that goal. Romney, on the other hand, strikes me as someone who wants to be President just to be President. That's his goal, it's just a personal ambition devoid of any real desire to serve his country. And ... he's just plain bizarre.

I guess it's going to be Romney as nominee, but I think there is a chance Santorum can pull it off. Who knows? Either way, this is going to be a hell of an interesting election.

I thought it was because he was a weird robot from the Planet Kolob!

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

:lol: Well there's that..

:bzzt: The Trees are just the right height. :bzzt:

Forum List

Back