Romney Just Cut His Own Throat

People are living longer. Across the world, countries are raising their retirement ages because their social security programs cannot cope with the numbers. He didn't 'cut his own throat', he told the truth. Fucking lazy bastards will have to work longer. Get used to it.

We can't find jobs for the people who want work now... And Mittens wants to make them all work longer?

The people who have the hardest time in a recession like this. Anyone over fifty. Mittens wants to increase the labor pool with a lot of people who are already goign to have a hard time finding work.

Yeah, Mr. "I like to be able to fire people" Obviously has no connection to the real world, or he wouldn't make statements like this.

Yes, I'm so sure you are way better at economic formulas than Mitt Romney. :rolleyes:

The fact that you keep quoting "I like to be able to fire people" shows your own comfy disconnect from the real world...liar.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
People are living longer. Across the world, countries are raising their retirement ages because their social security programs cannot cope with the numbers. He didn't 'cut his own throat', he told the truth. Fucking lazy bastards will have to work longer. Get used to it.

We can't find jobs for the people who want work now... And Mittens wants to make them all work longer?

The people who have the hardest time in a recession like this. Anyone over fifty. Mittens wants to increase the labor pool with a lot of people who are already goign to have a hard time finding work.

Yeah, Mr. "I like to be able to fire people" Obviously has no connection to the real world, or he wouldn't make statements like this.

Yes, I'm so sure you are way better at economic formulas than Mitt Romney. :rolleyes:

The fact that you keep quoting "I like to be able to fire people" shows your own comfy disconnect from the real world...liar.

Hey, not my fault he slipped up and showed us who he really is.

Which is his biggest problem. The more people get to know Romney, the less they like him.

Hey, I think Romney is very good at making the economy work for rich douchebags.

It's the rest of us I worry about.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Says he will raise retirement age on social security and give people the option to participate in Medicare or not. The nutty bastard doesn't know that as soon as they hear about it 40,000,000 Americans will vote against him, not for him.

:lol: He hardly cut his own throat you moron. He put forward a viable solution that I imagine most people will agree with. It's not going effect people currently collecting Social Security so why would they vote against him over this?

You've got the IQ of a house plant.

The guy offered not one detail and yet here you are ready to jump aboard with both feet. :eusa_eh:

You don't even know the details of his "solution" and you call it "viable"??? :cuckoo:

We have no idea what he has in mind on the age(s) he wants to raise it to.

He also offred no details on his Medicare plans, either.

Last edited:
Says he will raise retirement age on social security and give people the option to participate in Medicare or not. The nutty bastard doesn't know that as soon as they hear about it 40,000,000 Americans will vote against him, not for him.

I don't know what planet you live on, but MILLIONS of retirement age people are still working because they CAN'T AFFORD to "retire" and try to eek by on their meager Social Insecurity benefits. Millions more are working part-time jobs to supplement their meager Social Security retirement benefits.

Raising the retirement age and allowing people the option of seeking alternatives to Medicare sounds like PEOPLE BEING ALLOWED TO MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS, which I know you leftists completely object to.

Something has got to be done to change the Social Insecurity system and Medicare, or neither government bureaucracy will be around much longer. Throwing borrowed money at this problem is the ONLY answer that the leftists have. It is their standard solution to EVERYTHING.

Do you know that an alarmingly increasing number of physicians are no longer accepting Medicare because the reimbursements are too low? Are you aware that there are thousands of physicians who have QUIT their careers because they can't afford to practice anymore?

Sounds like Romney just nocked another success arrow.

obama on the other hand, declared having babies a disease.

And a punishment.

they really dont understand the American people.

They believe their own lies about who Americans are

Hey, not my fault he slipped up and showed us who he really is.

Which is his biggest problem. The more people get to know Romney, the less they like him.

Hey, I think Romney is very good at making the economy work for rich douchebags.

It's the rest of us I worry about.

Who he IS is a man who knows how to fix our economy and save the middle class. Who he IS is a man who understands economic formulas and has proven he can reach across the aisle and balance a budget...

But NOOnoo, you'd rather demonize the man because he has been nothing but successful in everything he's ever done. Cue the class warfare, cue the birth control clowns and hey let's harangue endlessly over the marriage debate which the courts are resolving...Sounds like a real great plan! :doubt:

Who he IS is a man who knows how to fix our economy and save the middle class. Who he IS is a man who understands economic formulas and has proven he can reach across the aisle and balance a budget...

But NOOnoo, you'd rather demonize the man because he has been nothing but successful in everything he's ever done. Cue the class warfare, cue the birth control clowns and hey let's harangue endlessly over the marriage debate which the courts are resolving...Sounds like a real great plan! :doubt:

Umm, on the social issues, I tend to be pretty moderate. Not that I want the courts resolving the gay marriage issue, anyway. I want that done in the arena of the public square. As a practical matter, I don't want the churches dictating policy, though, and I don't want the government int he middle of these fights. They'll just mess it up.

I demonize the man because he's kind of evil. He's a rich guy who screwed over working people to make himself richer. That is beyond contempt. He's like a well-fed fat guy who takes a loaf of bread out of the mouth of a starving child, just because he can. He's contemptable as a human being.

And he's a Mormon.

I'm sure he'll balance the budget- on the back of working folks to help his rich buddies.

And that's the problem, that's been our policy for 30 years now, that if we just let the greedy enjoy their greed, they'll eventually share with the rest of us.

Yes if you allow the markets to do whatever they want to do the honest Joe gets fucked.

Regulations HAVE to be in place where ever you have people involved.

Every street needs police EVEN Wall Street.

:lol: He hardly cut his own throat you moron. He put forward a viable solution that I imagine most people will agree with. It's not going effect people currently collecting Social Security so why would they vote against him over this?

The guy offered not one detail and yet here you are ready to jump aboard with both feet. :eusa_eh:

You don't even know the details of his "solution" and you call it "viable"??? :cuckoo:

There is only one question that needs to be asked. Is the retirement age sustainable in an increasingly aging population? The answer - to anyone with a calculator and a brain - is no.

Details, I agree, need to be discussed and considered - preferably by rational, intelligent people on both sides.... but hyperbolic bullshit from the whining left is not 'rational' or 'intelligent'.

He did not 'cut his own throat', he spoke the truth. The retirement age is not sustainable. Other countries - and we know how fond the left are of following other countries - know that.... what's taking the left so long to catch up?

There is only one question that needs to be asked. Is the retirement age sustainable in an increasingly aging population? The answer - to anyone with a calculator and a brain - is no.

Details, I agree, need to be discussed and considered - preferably by rational, intelligent people on both sides.... but hyperbolic bullshit from the whining left is not 'rational' or 'intelligent'.

He did not 'cut his own throat', he spoke the truth. The retirement age is not sustainable. Other countries - and we know how fond the left are of following other countries - know that.... what's taking the left so long to catch up?

Every pair of clownshoes like Dagoof thinks it's sustainable, just raise taxes on the rich....:thup:

Well, a few problems with that.

Are there companies out there really ready to hire a bunch of old people? Really?

When my company let some people go last year, do you know who they got rid of? Employees in their sixties.

As I've said, I have a resume business I run on the side. The clients who have the hardest time are those with years of experience. My advice to them is 1) Dye your hair, 2) Leave out the earlier parts of your career that give away your age.

Now, I suppose in his calculations, leaving old people to fend for themselves so rich douchebags can get more tax cuts makes sense in his world, but not really to the rest of us.

Especially since Social Security is calculated based on your last few years of employment. Making them work McJobs at Staples isn't a good deal for them.

Are there companies out there really ready to hire a bunch of old people? Really?

When my company let some people go last year, do you know who they got rid of? Employees in their sixties.

As I've said, I have a resume business I run on the side. The clients who have the hardest time are those with years of experience. My advice to them is 1) Dye your hair, 2) Leave out the earlier parts of your career that give away your age.

Now, I suppose in his calculations, leaving old people to fend for themselves so rich douchebags can get more tax cuts makes sense in his world, but not really to the rest of us.

Especially since Social Security is calculated based on your last few years of employment. Making them work McJobs at Staples isn't a good deal for them.

I made no claim about companies hiring 'a bunch of old people', only that the retirement age is going to have to rise. Meaning, my moronic little twit, that if you're working for a company, you are not gonna be able to retire at 65. Not that companies have to 'hire' a 'bunch of old people' but that working people are gonna have to stay working for longer.

I don't have the slightest interest in your life - your work is of no consequence. The fact - whether you like it or not - is that people are going to have to work longer.

Logic is something that you clearly struggle with.

Romney is the biggest two face of any politician I've ever witnessed, and speaking on politicians that's pretty fucking bad.

This guy spent the week wailing on the Church issue when - would ya look at that. It was mandated in his own State as Governor. Not surprising with him.

Romney is the biggest two face of any politician I've ever witnessed, and speaking on politicians that's pretty fucking bad.

This guy spent the week wailing on the Church issue when - would ya look at that. It was mandated in his own State as Governor. Not surprising with him.

It was mandated BEFORE he took over as Governor. He fought for, and got, an exemption clause added for churches - and charities that are faith based.

Get your facts straight, then post.

Several people have already said this.... and the exemption clause from Mass has been posted at least three times on this board.

Oh, and, fyi: Romney's advisers... the ones that worked with Obama.... they recommended including that clause in the AHA.

Fail.

Fail.

Fail.

Again.

You've got the hyperbole down pat ... :thup:

"Fucking lazy bastards will have to work longer. Get used to it. "

Yup work until you drop. How embarrassing would that be. What a way to die. Working for $12 an hour at the age of 75 for some slimeball retail outfit. How sick and Pathetic is that? Young people can avoid that by not buying houses, not having kids, and not going to the doctor, ever. Save save save and dont enjoy life. The new american dream.

Pfffft, a complete novice compared to Obama ...........

So let me get this straight...Romney actually steps up to the plate and proposes something to keep an entitlement solvent and he's attacked by people who haven't offered any solutions at all?

Funny how progressives constantly refer to themselves as the "adults in the room" but when it comes to fiscal matters they show about as much maturity as pimple faced adolescents whining about not getting a bigger allowance after Daddy just lost his job.

"Fucking lazy bastards will have to work longer. Get used to it. "

Yup work until you drop. How embarrassing would that be. What a way to die. Working for $12 an hour at the age of 75 for some slimeball retail outfit. How sick and Pathetic is that? Young people can avoid that by not buying houses, not having kids, and not going to the doctor, ever. Save save save and dont enjoy life. The new american dream.

Did Romney say until 75? No. He said the age would have to rise. And he is right. The current retirement age is not sustainable with such an aging population.

Look at the death rates when the retirement age was set. At that time, the average was that people would live on retirement between 7-10 years. Now, it is considerably higher. The country cannot afford it.

Forum List

Back