Romney is failing rapidly in the polls.

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
"I can See It Very Well...There's A Boat On The Reef With A Broken Back...And I Can See It Very Well.."

The gap has widened on the CBS/CNN poll 51% O...43% R

He's A Madman Don'tcha Know...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHq625bJiGs]Elton John - Madman Across The Water - YouTube[/ame]

He has dropped from even with Obama to two percentage points behind and now is four and five percentage points behind in the two most recent polls.

What has he done to destroy his campaign?

He has dropped from even with Obama to two percentage points behind and now is four and five percentage points behind in the two most recent polls.

Just showing people the real Mitt

Get rid of yesterday's talking points memo and ask for today's.

Al Quaeda in American just shut down the University of Texas, muslims have attacked our embassy in London. I thought Paris would be first, but it's London.

Polls have obama ahead but because the pollsters know that the Department of Justice is outside the door with a lawsuit in hand.

Well.... The only "new" thingy is that shoot from the hip statement that obviously didn't play well in the public. Politicising a tragedy never works...well almost never. Obama's reply was spot on and it did play well. Romney looked neurotic...Obama ..presidential.

The gap has widened on the CBS/CNN poll 51% O...43% Rhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHq625bJiGs
Rassmussen has Romney up 48% to 45%.

Which one should I believe? :confused:

Whatever you want. I never seek out poll info. Just happened to be watching CBS this morning.. while listening to the radio and playin with my mutts and talkin on the phone..

It was the same poll apparantly that had O at 52% and Mittens at 46% last week after the DNC convention.

Interesting that it had 1% backing off of Obama and 3% shying away from Romney from the week before.

Maks sense that the 1% was a correction from the convention bump but what explains Romney"s fall?

Only thing that has happened really is the public reaction to Lybia and Egypt.

He added Ryan to the ticket and immediately began losing whatever credibility he may have had. Kind of reminiscent of McCain's pick of Caribou Barbie....

"I can See It Very Well...There's A Boat On The Reef With A Broken Back...And I Can See It Very Well.."

The gap has widened on the CBS/CNN poll 51% O...43% R

Interesting about this poll. They don't divulge the political affiliations of the sample, but it does show that Romney leads Obama by 11 points with independents. How can Romney lead with indys by 11 points, yet allegedly trail Obama by 8? Something doesn't pass the smell test. I'm thinking they oversampled Democrats.

Poll: Obama leads Romney, 39 percent say country is worse off than four years ago - CBS News

The gap has widened on the CBS/CNN poll 51% O...43% Rhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHq625bJiGs
Rassmussen has Romney up 48% to 45%.

Which one should I believe? :confused:

The average of the available polls is what I usually go with as that usually is the best predictor.

When I see polls with large gaps like these, I'm typically skeptical. Notice CBS/CNN have Obama at 51% and Romney at 43% The undecided here is about 6%, which makes the poll suspicious to me as at this point, I think most folks know who they're voting for. Rassmussen has the same problem with 7% unaccounted for.

This is a fairly tight race on the national level, which makes it a shame it isn't on the Electoral College level, i.e., the only one that matters. Right now common knowledge is that Obama has about 230 to 240 electoral votes sewn up with Romney at about 190 to 200. That means Obama doesn't need many of the swing states, while Romney does.

If you want a clearer picture, sit down with a map and try to figure out which swing states Obama needs in combination versus Romney. It's pretty grim for Romney.

He (Romney) can still win, but he needs to say "screw it" to the national scene and go canvas hard in the swing states.

Rassmussen shows the Republican candidate winning while all other polls show him trailing badly

Color me shocked

Forum List

Back