Romney Invokes Biblical References And Presidential Leadership In Condolence Speech

Misprinted for

2 Corinthians 1:4 King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

Romney shined as very 'Presidential' this morning when he gave a condolence speech on the tragedy in Aurora, CO. His speech was moving and was heartfelt with referencing God and other biblical references. Obama's condolences lacked the word of God in this tragedy.

The apostle Paul explained “Blesseth be God, who comforteth us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort them which turn any trouble.”
What bible did that quote come from????????

Romney shined as very 'Presidential' this morning when he gave a condolence speech on the tragedy in Aurora, CO. His speech was moving and was heartfelt with referencing God and other biblical references. Obama's condolences lacked the word of God in this tragedy. This is troubling to say the least. Obama's speech lacked sincerity for the victims and came across as cold. Romney on the other hand had God in his heart. He said:

Transcript, Video: Mitt Romney Offers Condolences to Those Affected by Colorado Shooting | Fox News Insider

video of heartfelt speech:
Mitt Romney Offers Condolences to Those Affected by Colorado Shooting

Good morning. And thank you for joining with the Senator and me on this very sad day. And thank you for Father Christian for beginning this gathering with a word of prayer. Our hearts break with the sadness of this unspeakable tragedy. Anne and I join the President and First Lady and all Americans in offering our deepest condolences for those whose lives were shattered in a few moments. A few moments of evil in Colorado.

I stand before you today, not as a man running for office, but as a father and grandfather, a husband, an American. This is a time for each of us to look into our hearts and remember how much we love one another. And how much we love and how much we care for our great country. There’s so much love and goodness in the heart of America.

In the coming days, we’ll surely learn about the lives that have been lost and the families that have been harmed by this hateful act. We’ll come to know more about the talents and the gifts that each victim possessed. And will come to understand the hope and the opportunity that’s been lost.
Our hearts break for the victims and their families. We pray the wounded will recover. And that those who are grieving will know the nearness of God.

Today, we not only feel a sense of grief but perhaps also of helplessness. But there is something we can do. We can offer comfort to someone near us who are suffering or heavy laden. And we can mourn with those who mourn in Colorado.

This morning, Colorado lost youthful voices which would’ve brightened their homes, enriched their schools and brought joys to their families. Our prayers at the comforter might bring the peace to their souls that surpasses our understanding. The apostle Paul explained “Blesseth be God, who comforteth us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort them which turn any trouble.”

What we do now is how evil is overcome. And we’re seeing that greater power today in the goodness and compassion of a wounded community. Grieving and worried families in Aurora are surrounded with love today and not just by those who are with them and holding them in their arms. They can also know they’re being lifted up in prayer by people in every part of our great nation.

Now, into the hard days to come, may every one of them feel the sympathy of a whole nation. And the comfort of a living God. There will be justice for those responsible. But that’s another matter for another day. Today is a moment to grieve and remember, to reach out and to help. To appreciate our blessings in life.

Each one of us will hold our kids a little closer. Linger a bit longer with a colleague or a neighbor. Reach out to a family member or a friend. We’ll all spend a little less time thinking about the worries of our day and more time wondering about how to help those who need compassion most.

The answer is that we can come together. We will show our fellow citizens the good heart of the America we know and love. God bless you for being here and sharing together this moment of sorrow. And God bless, the United States of America. Thank you

What an affirmation of love and faith....very presidential and he showed leadership.

What a partisan worthless piece of shit this post is. People like you disgust me.

If you don't know, chances are you won't get it

:eusa_hand:

The New Testament.
Chapter and verse please.

Do you know how to use Google, Ed?

Just copy & paste the verse into that 'search box' in the top right corner of your browser and hit 'enter'.

I'm sure you can do it, Ed, go ahead and give it a try, hmmm?
I already did that :asshole: and all it came up with was Willard.

“Blesseth be God, who comforteth us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort them which turn any trouble.” - Google Search

You know, when politicians invoke "God" and the bible, heartfelt and sincere aren't really the words that come to mind. More like "predictable," " pandering," "well trained circus monkey," etc.

WEll politicians are scum, but to say that is very judgemental and I know alot of people that said similar things to each other after hearing the news, so to say it's just pandering is the pinacle of cynical (oooh a rhyme evertime!)

Romney shined as very 'Presidential' this morning when he gave a condolence speech on the tragedy in Aurora, CO. His speech was moving and was heartfelt with referencing God and other biblical references. Obama's condolences lacked the word of God in this tragedy. This is troubling to say the least. Obama's speech lacked sincerity for the victims and came across as cold. Romney on the other hand had God in his heart. He said:

Transcript, Video: Mitt Romney Offers Condolences to Those Affected by Colorado Shooting | Fox News Insider

video of heartfelt speech:
Mitt Romney Offers Condolences to Those Affected by Colorado Shooting

Good morning. And thank you for joining with the Senator and me on this very sad day. And thank you for Father Christian for beginning this gathering with a word of prayer. Our hearts break with the sadness of this unspeakable tragedy. Anne and I join the President and First Lady and all Americans in offering our deepest condolences for those whose lives were shattered in a few moments. A few moments of evil in Colorado.

I stand before you today, not as a man running for office, but as a father and grandfather, a husband, an American. This is a time for each of us to look into our hearts and remember how much we love one another. And how much we love and how much we care for our great country. There’s so much love and goodness in the heart of America.

In the coming days, we’ll surely learn about the lives that have been lost and the families that have been harmed by this hateful act. We’ll come to know more about the talents and the gifts that each victim possessed. And will come to understand the hope and the opportunity that’s been lost.
Our hearts break for the victims and their families. We pray the wounded will recover. And that those who are grieving will know the nearness of God.

Today, we not only feel a sense of grief but perhaps also of helplessness. But there is something we can do. We can offer comfort to someone near us who are suffering or heavy laden. And we can mourn with those who mourn in Colorado.

This morning, Colorado lost youthful voices which would’ve brightened their homes, enriched their schools and brought joys to their families. Our prayers at the comforter might bring the peace to their souls that surpasses our understanding. The apostle Paul explained “Blesseth be God, who comforteth us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort them which turn any trouble.”

What we do now is how evil is overcome. And we’re seeing that greater power today in the goodness and compassion of a wounded community. Grieving and worried families in Aurora are surrounded with love today and not just by those who are with them and holding them in their arms. They can also know they’re being lifted up in prayer by people in every part of our great nation.

Now, into the hard days to come, may every one of them feel the sympathy of a whole nation. And the comfort of a living God. There will be justice for those responsible. But that’s another matter for another day. Today is a moment to grieve and remember, to reach out and to help. To appreciate our blessings in life.

Each one of us will hold our kids a little closer. Linger a bit longer with a colleague or a neighbor. Reach out to a family member or a friend. We’ll all spend a little less time thinking about the worries of our day and more time wondering about how to help those who need compassion most.

The answer is that we can come together. We will show our fellow citizens the good heart of the America we know and love. God bless you for being here and sharing together this moment of sorrow. And God bless, the United States of America. Thank you

What an affirmation of love and faith....very presidential and he showed leadership.

I'm just wondering how many of these people who are now in the hospital are there without health insurance. We can almost be guaranteed that being the victim of this madman will bankrupt at least a few of them.

he said it made him look Presidential and I referenced Article VI so ...

This country has strayed so far from the Separation of Church and State and interestingly it's rw's who cheer it on as if thats what was intended NOT!!!

my condolences go out to the victims but I'm not going to assume all of them are monotheists or theists at all.

So what religion was the state promoting?

Forum List

Back