Romney Invokes Biblical References And Presidential Leadership In Condolence Speech

You miss the point, my friend.

Isn't it said somewhere in 'the scriptures' not to conduct one's religious actions so as to display them to others?

Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Somehow you've conflated prayer with speech.

Not surprising, most of the Left has no clue what the Bible really says...

By all means, Jake, educate me on the point I missed.

You are the person who has eyes and won't see, who has ears and won't hear. You have not the humility (yet) to be educated. But the time will come, I pray, and you will see and hear truly.

You miss the point, my friend.

Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Somehow you've conflated prayer with speech.

Not surprising, most of the Left has no clue what the Bible really says...

By all means, Jake, educate me on the point I missed.

Romney got it right. obama was just his usual insufferable egotistical self.

Romney got it right?

My previous post about Romney: I hate it when people preach go it alone one day and come together the next.

Now, the question here is, "Which time did he get it right"?

[Obama just can't get away from it "You didn't succeed on your own. The Government did it for you and you just happened to be the lucky recipient" and I happen to be the Government ergo whatever you have is mine! All mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! And Mine!
He referred to himself in his condolence remarks 17 times, none o this piddly cr@p of referring to the bible like mere mortals do.]

"The reader who sent this to me says she counted Obama making 20 references to himself.

From the official White House transcript:

THE PRESIDENT: Well, let me, first of all, say how grateful I am for all of you being here, and how much we appreciate everything that you’ve done. I know that there are a lot of people here who have been so engaged in the campaign, have sacrificed so much, people who’ve been involved back since 2007. (Applause.) And so I want all of you to know how appreciative I am"

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Obama Refers To Himself At Least 17 Times During Speech On Colorado Movie Shooting…

Last edited:
You know, when politicians invoke "God" and the bible, heartfelt and sincere aren't really the words that come to mind. More like "predictable," " pandering," "well trained circus monkey," etc.

You know, when politicians invoke "God" and the bible, heartfelt and sincere aren't really the words that come to mind. More like "predictable," " pandering," "well trained circus monkey," etc.

Shallowness becomes you...

That's rather ironic. So basically, because I reject the shallowness of Politicians' trite speeches, I am somehow shallow? It's easy to say "God." It means nothing that a person does. There's a religion that has this really great teaching warning people against being like hypocrites who proclaim and perform their religious deeds for everyone to see and hear. Wish people would pay more attention to things like that.

That's rather ironic. So basically, because I reject the shallowness of Politicians' trite speeches, I am somehow shallow? It's easy to say "God." It means nothing that a person does. There's a religion that has this really great teaching warning people against being like hypocrites who proclaim and perform their religious deeds for everyone to see and hear. Wish people would pay more attention to things like that.

Wouldn't be talking about Christianity would you?
:eusa_whistle:

Romney shined as very 'Presidential' this morning when he gave a condolence speech on the tragedy in Aurora, CO. His speech was moving and was heartfelt with referencing God and other biblical references. Obama's condolences lacked the word of God in this tragedy.

The apostle Paul explained “Blesseth be God, who comforteth us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort them which turn any trouble.”
What bible did that quote come from????????

What you're advocating here is that nobody ever mention God or religion in a public setting. In other words, religious censorship.

That's a liberal, for you...

Romney shined as very 'Presidential' this morning when he gave a condolence speech on the tragedy in Aurora, CO. His speech was moving and was heartfelt with referencing God and other biblical references. Obama's condolences lacked the word of God in this tragedy.

The apostle Paul explained “Blesseth be God, who comforteth us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort them which turn any trouble.”

If you don't know, chances are you won't get it

:eusa_hand:

The New Testament.

The New Testament.
Chapter and verse please.

The New Testament.
Chapter and verse please.

Do you know how to use Google, Ed?

Just copy & paste the verse into that 'search box' in the top right corner of your browser and hit 'enter'.

I'm sure you can do it, Ed, go ahead and give it a try, hmmm?

Forum List

Back