Romney Insults English on Olympics

I am shocked to discover that the left wing hacks are taking this whole thing far more seriously than the Brits are. But they don't really give a damn what some yank says about their games. Any more than we would if the Brits said it about us. It's no big deal to anyone other then the hacks. And that is funny... you are hysterical in your new found left wing ranting. :lol:

I would say that when the guy who should be your closest idealogical ally in Europe is backhanding the city your whacky cult calls home, while you are trying to extract your foot from your mouth, that's fail on a pretty epic scale.

you don't insult a country while you're there.
my goodness you people have lost it over a comment about the Olympics..why shouldn't we have a say, we are IN THEM
you all better hope nothing happens because they are so unprepared and prove Romney RIGHT

Mitt Romney expressed his concerns. It was during an NBC interview with Brian Williams, a rather snarkey question where Williams attempted to insult Romney by several times quoting unnamed Romney staff comments, one of which was Romney going to pick a boring white guy as running-mate.

The interview was a setup. It didn't matter what Romney said, NBC was going to use it against him. I saw no derogatory comments of the UK in the interview, but that didn't stop the Obama cheer-leading squad at NBC from blasting headlines all over the world about it.

NBC has already been caught doctoring the George Zimmerman call to police. We haven't seen video proof of what Romney said so we cannot ascertain proper context. What Romney said was not nearly as bad as you would be led to believe. Most of the anger is in media headlines, not in comments from ether side, Romney's or the Brits. And let's not forget that everything Romney said is not only 100% accurate but has been talked about by the press prior to the Brian Williams interview.

Your boy pooped his magic underwear on this one... learn to deal.

Who gives a toss what Mr Romney has to say about our Olympics? He's a politician isn't he, and we Brits don't believe anything that politicians have to say! Incidentally, perhaps he should consider changing his job. A standup comedian would probably be best since most people here are already laughing at him.

I am shocked to discover that the left wing hacks are taking this whole thing far more seriously than the Brits are. But they don't really give a damn what some yank says about their games. Any more than we would if the Brits said it about us. It's no big deal to anyone other then the hacks. And that is funny... you are hysterical in your new found left wing ranting. :lol:

I would say that when the guy who should be your closest idealogical ally in Europe is backhanding the city your whacky cult calls home, while you are trying to extract your foot from your mouth, that's fail on a pretty epic scale.

Of course the backhand never happened.

This is all simply a fake story.

my goodness you people have lost it over a comment about the Olympics..why shouldn't we have a say, we are IN THEM
you all better hope nothing happens because they are so unprepared and prove Romney RIGHT

Mitt Romney expressed his concerns. It was during an NBC interview with Brian Williams, a rather snarkey question where Williams attempted to insult Romney by several times quoting unnamed Romney staff comments, one of which was Romney going to pick a boring white guy as running-mate.

The interview was a setup. It didn't matter what Romney said, NBC was going to use it against him. I saw no derogatory comments of the UK in the interview, but that didn't stop the Obama cheer-leading squad at NBC from blasting headlines all over the world about it.

NBC has already been caught doctoring the George Zimmerman call to police. We haven't seen video proof of what Romney said so we cannot ascertain proper context. What Romney said was not nearly as bad as you would be led to believe. Most of the anger is in media headlines, not in comments from ether side, Romney's or the Brits. And let's not forget that everything Romney said is not only 100% accurate but has been talked about by the press prior to the Brian Williams interview.

Your boy pooped his magic underwear on this one... learn to deal.

Learn to deal with the real world.

Who gives a toss what Mr Romney has to say about our Olympics? He's a politician isn't he, and we Brits don't believe anything that politicians have to say! Incidentally, perhaps he should consider changing his job. A standup comedian would probably be best since most people here are already laughing at him.

Guess you're not used to an honest politician.

Perhaps that is where the humor comes from. :eusa_whistle:

At any rate, I don't think it matters what misinformed folks think of you if you have your shit together.

Last edited:

Romney said nothing more than what the British have been saying. I'm a bit proud of Romney assessing the situation and making a correct call so quickly. How dare he be right!

What's the difference between London hosting the Olympics and Los Angeles hosting the Olympics? The answer is Peter Ueberroth. Good planning, someone who knows what they are doing.

The outrage is certainly a fake, it's already off the pages in Britian, to live on only in the American press.

Guess you're not used to an honest politician.

Perhaps that is where the humor comes from. :eusa_whistle:

Lol! honest and politician are two words that just don't belong in the same sentence! OK, I'm sure that somewhere out there are a few who don't lie...but they sure as hell don't tell the truth!

Romney Insults English on Olympics

LONDON (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney caused a stir in Britain on Thursday by questioning whether the country is prepared to host the Olympic Games without a hitch and scheduling a fundraiser with the former head of a troubled bank.
Romney Insults English on Olympics | Jackson Free Press | Jackson, MS

Who blasted Obama for fund raising over seas?:eusa_boohoo:

Never mind that Romney is actually right.

Obama made fun of special olympians the left didn't seem to give a crap.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Ev6uYe0kM]Obama Failed Toast To Queen During National Anthem Clip - YouTube[/ame]

I'd rather our politicians insult other countries than ours, like Obama did with his World Apology Tour. :lol:

Funny thing, the Brit media were saying exactly what Romney was saying... questioning whether Britain was ready for the Games. (There was an almighty fuck up over with a private security firm who was contracted to provide thousands of security personnel... and didn't.... requiring the Brit Military to step in and provide them, and police forces around the country having to send officers up to London).... but apparently, Romney talking about those issue was somehow 'offensive'. :lol::lol:

The purpose of the trip is to show that Romney is Presidential and a statesman. He should have had the better sense to stay away from this subject, he did not.

He's still more Presidential than your president.

And who would 'MY President' be?

I'd rather our politicians insult other countries than ours, like Obama did with his World Apology Tour. :lol:

Funny thing, the Brit media were saying exactly what Romney was saying... questioning whether Britain was ready for the Games. (There was an almighty fuck up over with a private security firm who was contracted to provide thousands of security personnel... and didn't.... requiring the Brit Military to step in and provide them, and police forces around the country having to send officers up to London).... but apparently, Romney talking about those issue was somehow 'offensive'. :lol::lol:

The purpose of the trip is to show that Romney is Presidential and a statesman. He should have had the better sense to stay away from this subject, he did not.

omfriggengawd..:eusa_boohoo:

What a stupid reply. Sometimes you do not even try.

The outrage is certainly a fake, it's already off the pages in Britian, to live on only in the American press.

Well, we're the ones it's going to matter to, isn't it?

Romney has shown he has the diplomatic skills of a rock.

I mean, he can still screw up in Israel and Poland, after all.

He can't do any worse than Obama has already done there

Sure he can...

He, guess what, in the world that isn't crazy right wing nutbags and racists, this president is actually still pretty well liked. Sorry. Learn to deal.

Sure he can...

He, guess what, in the world that isn't crazy right wing nutbags and racists, this president is actually still pretty well liked. Sorry. Learn to deal.

Obama is only LIKED by his rabid base cult followers..the majority of the people in that disapproval column shows it, sorry. learn to deal

I acutally feel bad for Obama. Much like the crap he reads off his teleprombter someone is suppose to prep him for such events. Inexperienced, uneducated in this kinda stuff and self-centered does not prepare a community organizer for such duty.

I think Obama defintely has an enemy writing his speeches. They must howl when he reads the teleprombter exactly as written. But they must be laughing even louder when he goes off teleprombter and makes his "you didn't build that" remark.

Sure he can...

Obama is only LIKED by his rabid base cult followers..the majority of the people in that disapproval column shows it, sorry. learn to deal

Sorry, dumbass, the president is like personally... better than Mittens.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Obama: Favorable/Unfavorable

People might not be happy with the job he's doing, but most people like him as a person.

Romney, not so much..

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Romney: Favorable/Unfavorable

I acutally feel bad for Obama. Much like the crap he reads off his teleprombter someone is suppose to prep him for such events. Inexperienced, uneducated in this kinda stuff and self-centered does not prepare a community organizer for such duty.

I think Obama defintely has an enemy writing his speeches.
They must howl when he reads the teleprombter exactly as written. But they must be laughing even louder when he goes off teleprombter and makes his "you didn't build that" remark.

I agree, is obama so lazy he doesn't even proof read the speeches that are written for him..I mean the guy called a corpsmen, CORPS-MAN
yet the Obama supporters don't bat an eyelash at the disgusting display

Last edited:

Forum List

Back