Romney Insults English on Olympics

Great Britain is a mere shell of its former self. They have become a weak & insignificant small island nation. Their sphere of influence depends solely on U.S. support. Without the U.S. by their side, every two-bit nation on this Planet would have a piece of them. I just don't give a shite what they think about anything. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Great Britain is a mere shell of its former self. They have become a weak & insignificant small island nation. Their sphere of influence depends solely on U.S. support. Without the U.S. by their side, every two-bit nation on this Planet would have a piece of them. I just don't give a shite what they think about anything. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Hey, they kicked Argentina's ass off a few small islands without help from the USA.

They are also our best ally.......or at least used to be before Obama.

Seems the only folks that care about this is American reporters.

The Brits could care less.

What many of them are pissed about is the fact that most couldn't buy seats to the events because corporate VIPs bought them all up and didn't show. Most noticeable about the Olympics is how empty the seats are. The organizers are having to resort to giving away tickets just to get people into seats.

Blog: The mystery of the Olympics: Empty seats at sold out venues

You mean no one is rushing out to see the archery contest?

Hey, they kicked Argentina's ass off a few small islands without help from the USA.

Like that's something to be proud of.

The Falklands War was like two bald men fighting over a comb.

What many of them are pissed about is the fact that most couldn't buy seats to the events because corporate VIPs bought them all up and didn't show. Most noticeable about the Olympics is how empty the seats are. The organizers are having to resort to giving away tickets just to get people into seats.

You mean no one is rushing out to see the archery contest?

The only event I've seen at least half-way filled is Basketball. The gymnastics events have been empty, and they're one of the big draws.

Someone who could visit the chaos in Britian and make a correct assessment of preparation has already shown what a success Romney's administration would be.

Let's see now...

If Romney had some real insight about running an Olympics other than working a rolodex to get people to cough up money, he might have had a point.

But even if he saw something that was really wrong that other people hadn't noticed, would broadcasting it on international media a few days before things were about to start realy be the best way to do it.

Wouldn't he have better served by confidentially contacting Cameron and the LOC about his concerns and suggestions, you know, maybe in a way that didn't broadcast security lapses to potential terrorists?

At last! A post reflecting reality!

Funny that. Appears your memory is not very good. I seem to recall that the US asked for British support in Iraq and Afghanistan. Oh well, given your insistence that you don't give a shite what we think about anything, I guess you won't be responding to this post.

Romney Insults English on Olympics

He has a ways to go to match Obama. Remember this fiasco?

Gordon Brown Faces Humiliation After Obama 'Snub'

Not really.

How much press time we get is hardly "Hey, you dumb Brits don't know how to run a real Olympics like I did".

That's not what he said.

He said the unsettled security and last minute changes were a bit disconcerting.

That's not the same as saying the Brits are a bunch of screwups.

Funny that. Appears your memory is not very good. I seem to recall that the US asked for British support in Iraq and Afghanistan. Oh well, given your insistence that you don't give a shite what we think about anything, I guess you won't be responding to this post.

Their assistance was mostly symbolic. They had no real impact. Without the U.S. standing by their side, they're a minor player on the World Stage at this point. Great Britain hasn't been great for a very long time. It is what it is.

That may actually change in the near future. The Brits are hanging onto those small islands by a very thin thread.

That may actually change in the near future. The Brits are hanging onto those small islands by a very thin thread.

If Argentina wants to go to war with Britian over the Falklands, the outcome is a foregone conclusion.

Forum List

Back