Romney: I’d No Longer Nominate Judges Like John Roberts

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Sahil Kapur

Mitt Romney suggested in a Wednesday interview he would no longer nominate a judge like John Roberts, now that the U.S. chief justice has cast the deciding vote to uphold the Affordable Care Act.

On his campaign website, Romney states that as president he “will nominate judges in the mold of Chief Justice Roberts and Justices Scalia, Thomas, and Alito.” But apparently Roberts no longer makes the cut.

CBS reporter Jan Crawford asked the Republican nominee if he’d still nominate a justice like the Bush-appointed Roberts, knowing what he knows now.

“Well, I certainly wouldn’t nominate someone who I knew was gonna come out with a decision I violently disagreed with — or vehemently, rather, disagreed with,” Romney said. “And he reached a conclusion I think that was not accurate and not an appropriate conclusion. But that being said, he’s a very bright person and I’d look for individuals that have intelligence and believe in following the Constitution.”​

More: Romney: No Judges Who Disagree With Me (VIDEO) | TPM2012

One of the funniest things about wingnuts is that rulings are not Constitutional - when they disagree with them.

Big time. The right wing trash pretend to be "pro-constitution!" but once they hear one justice is likely going to said with it, the right wing machine tried to shake them down to vote how they want.
Once that failed and the justice did his sworn duty to uphold the constitution, and not just what the right wing hacks wants, he's now being smeared as a traitor and hating america.
What a bunch of un-american idiots the GOP are,...

I don't know how President bush could have appointed someone more right wing leaning that Roberts?

Get a clue dip-shit (Black_Label...Lakota)

Roberts had to change the law to make it constitutional.

Yet you wanna argue it's original wording.

But this is what happens when we pick judges and not liberal activists. Sometimes we lose.

Last edited:
Wasn’t 2 huge parts of the bill found unconstitutional, the raiding of another program for 500 billion and the mandate? Why do you insist on spreading stupidity like a disease across the internet?

You're trying to make something out of nothing here. Mitt is a shitbag, sure, but would you or Obama do the same, not make someone a SC justice if you could flash forward to the future and see they voted how you didn't like about big issues?

You fuckers said there is no tax increase, then you show how it is, but that it's not the biggest... You destroy yourselves. Fact is, taxes will have to go up or Obama will simply have to print or borrow the money to make the program work… 500billion in funding was found unconstitutional, where do you think that money will come from?

Do you think Obama would nominate a judge for the Supreme Court that he knew in advance would make rulings he would strongly disagree with? Someone is trying very hard to make nothing into something.

Big time. The right wing trash pretend to be "pro-constitution!" but once they hear one justice is likely going to said with it, the right wing machine tried to shake them down to vote how they want.
Once that failed and the justice did his sworn duty to uphold the constitution, and not just what the right wing hacks wants, he's now being smeared as a traitor and hating america.
What a bunch of un-american idiots the GOP are,...

I also thought that they were against "judicial activism". They sure want it now! :lol:

Obamacare isn't increasing my taxes. How about yours? Why...?
Because it was designed with parasites like you in mind.

Will Obamacare increase your taxes? If so, why?
Not that I'd expect a slavish cult follower like you to accept the truth...

tax-hikes-in-Obamacare.jpg

Forum List

Back