Romney: I would vote for Ron Paul over Obama

Paul's problem is that he takes what might be reasonable arguments and makes them sound irrational. He's an isolationist when the boat sailed on that one a long time ago.

I think we are probably going to end up in Iran sooner or later and it will be pretty bad, but both parties are on that train.

well said - too bad Paul is a wacko, bc he has some sound fiscal ideas.

Paul's problem is that he takes what might be reasonable arguments and makes them sound irrational. He's an isolationist when the boat sailed on that one a long time ago.

I think we are probably going to end up in Iran sooner or later and it will be pretty bad, but both parties are on that train.

well said - too bad Paul is a wacko, bc he has some sound fiscal ideas.
Yeah it's just inevitable that we go to war. Again. Do you guy ever listen to yourselves?

1325028955236.jpg

Um, I don't think I could or would do that. As bad as Obama has been, I think Paul's Foreign/Defense Policy alone would Cause more Damage than 4 more years of Obama. It's Close but man I just don't know. Obama may be weak on those issues but at least he has some balls.

Obama has not been weak at all.

Just ask Bin Laden or Gaddafi or the Somali pirates.

Oh....wait.....you can't!

I must've missed the news story. Exactly why are we on the collision course with Iran?

Don't get me wrong. If I were to make a list of people I don't like that deserve an ass whipping, Iran makes the top half of the list thanks to 1979. Yeah I carry a grudge. Sue me.

But, since they are literally no threat to the USA at this moment, why are we beating the war drums?

Why do I care? Glad you asked.

Back in the day when I was on active duty it was my personal ass on the line. So I was an awesome judge of whether the risk was justified. And, in my view, it was.

Now it isn't my body on the line. Instead it is either my oldest daughter (a Marine) my oldest son-in-law (a Marine) or my newest son-in-law who leaves for Army Basic in about a week. I find that if it aint my ass on the line the standard for acceptable risk is higher. Some don't share that view. I don't understand those people, but I have to at least acknowledge they exist.

If we are not willing to wage absofuckinglute localized Armageddon, then we need not bother a'tall. I believe that most of the current crop of pols would or will send our people into the grinder with ROE's that bind us down and a media determined to make em look bad.

I don't think Ron Paul would hesitate as much as some fear. And, I think he would at least shame the Congress into an actual declaration of war.

I just hope no one runs as a third party candidate. That might hand Obama a win and would be disasterous.

Um, I don't think I could or would do that. As bad as Obama has been, I think Paul's Foreign/Defense Policy alone would Cause more Damage than 4 more years of Obama. It's Close but man I just don't know. Obama may be weak on those issues but at least he has some balls.

Obama has not been weak at all.

Just ask Bin Laden or Gaddafi or the Somali pirates.

Oh....wait.....you can't!

And so what?

Okay, he got Gaddafi, but now Al Qaeda is in charge of Libya. And he pulled the rug out from under Mubarek, and now the Islamic Brotherhood is in charge of Egypt.

Well, he got some pirates, but he didn't get this guy...

johnnydepp22.jpg

If I see one more of these movies, I'm going to hurl!

He didn't get Gaddafi. Al Quaeda got Gaddafi and killed him. He didn't get somalie pirates, that was a Navy commander who got tired of waiting for the order and acted on his own. obama was arm twisted into the Bin Laden raid. AFTER he waited 16 hours hoping Bin Laden would find out and get away.

What obama DID do, was give our drone operation codes to the Iranians so they could land our drones without damage. He murdered 24 Pakistani soldiers then added insult to this injury by refusing to apologize for two weeks.

I appreciate Mitt Romney's show of republican solidarity in saying he would vote for RonPaul. I don't share that, so I'll have to wait and see who is running third party.

So let's get this right....the differences I mean:

Ron Paul will not support Israel, Obama does. (skip the rhetoric, look at policy).
Ron Paul says to allow Iran to go Nuclear. Obama does not, and continues to push (albeit meaningless) sanctions.

So a Nuclear Iran and a non-supported Israel are not enough for you Conservatives to take an "L" in the Election, heh.

So let's get this right....the differences I mean:

Ron Paul will not support Israel, Obama does. (skip the rhetoric, look at policy).
Ron Paul says to allow Iran to go Nuclear. Obama does not, and continues to push (albeit meaningless) sanctions.

So a Nuclear Iran and a non-supported Israel are not enough for you Conservatives to take an "L" in the Election, heh.

I for the life of me don't know why the GOP has this great love for Israel. 78% of the Jewish vote still goes Democratic, regardless of how much Obama or Clinton sell Israel down the river.

I know the funditards want Israel to be there so Jesus can come back, but that's just plain silly to the grownups.

Reality is, if Iran makes a nuke, not much we can do about it, really. Hell, Saddam and Qadaffi gave up their nukes and we killed them, anyway. Not much of an incentive for the Crazy Mullahs to give up theirs.

Trying to avoid a war with Iran is not the same thing as allowing them to get nukes. There are other ways to go about things. When was the last time we tried diplomacy? You might say they are resistant to diplomacy but maybe that's because they haven't seen leadership in the U.S. that wants to listen to thier concerns about Israel and U.S. military presence on their holy land. Ron Paul would be ideally positioned to work out a deal with Iran that could allow for transparency of their nuclear program and keep the peace. Wouldn't that be the ideal situation? Or do you just want war?

Ron Paul is about the only one running that is serious about charging course. Ron paul would seriously fight to reduce the debt, remove the fed and remove our troops from the middle east. He would be a great president and the only one that should be even considered.

It really is too bad, Paul doesn't stand a chance

I agree. Paul has good fiscal ideas but his foreign policy is isolationist. He would never get elected.

Forum List

Back