Romney: I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners.

again, you are showing how naive you are about the sport...yet you continue to criticize its fans.

In Polo, it has nothing to do with the horse...it has to do with the player.

In bobsledding, it has nothing to do with the sled...it has to do with the driver and the brakeman.

You see, in NASCAR, the teams are forced to follow very strict guidlines to ensure no team has a mechanical advantage over the other teams.

Sure, some cars perform better during time trials and in the race, but that has to do with the teams skill to be able to maximize perfomance of a car taking into consideration track air temperature, track pavement temperature, wind direction and other factrors giving them reason to decreasew tire pressure, increase tire pressure, increase grill surface area, decrease grill surface area, change tires, kjieep tires, etc...

There are 4 different car manufacturers.....yet 43 cars race on race day...meaning many have the exact same car.

If it had to do with the car, they would all finish side by side.

Hero worship? Why? Becuase when a great driver who helped put NASCAR on the map died, all showed a tribute to him?

Admnit it....you just dont like what you dont understand....and you prefer to criticize it.

And that is a very poor quality to have.

NASCAR is all about fuel and tires

Tires more than fuel...

And not the actual tires themselves....but how mucgh air pressure each tire should have. It is very scientific....

Funny how a redneck sport uses more science and mathematics than any other sport out there.

but the least athleticism ... even pitchers and golfers use more

Last edited:
Why is being successful a bad thing?

I have a heart surgeon as a friend. I've never asked but I'm sure he has a ton of money. Should I shun him?
No. But the other candidates for the GOP nomination just got more ammo.

Sad that they would bring up something like this in a debate or ad and not address how Obama has been a failure in leading this nation as a community organizer.

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. made $29 million last year.
How'd you make out, asswipe?

He calls it auto eroticism.

Which means he is ridiculing something he knows nothing about.

NASCAR is not nearly as much about the car as it is about the dirver, the pit crew and the strategy.

As a matter of fact, due to restrictor plates and the mandate that all cars offer the same capability on the track, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the car.

Absolutely nothing to do with the car?
Then why don't they do the race on foot?

It actually has more to do with hero worship than anything and the pack mentality of most Americans.

It's called FUN. Something liberals could try out once in a while. I personally prefer LDRS, but that's just me. That's why I'm theunbubba instead of just bubba.

http://ldrs31.org/featured-flights/

Now that's what I'm talkin bout!

Last edited:

Tires more than fuel...

And not the actual tires themselves....but how mucgh air pressure each tire should have. It is very scientific....

Funny how a redneck sport uses more science and mathematics than any other sport out there.

Really? Driving a car at 190mph for 500 miles doesn't take any athleticism on a big track?
Or, driving a car at 130mph for 300 miles on a short track?
Hmmmm Who would have thunk?

Asked by the AP reporter if he follows NASCAR, Romney responded, "Not as closely as some of the most ardent fans. But I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners."

Romney: I have friends who own NASCAR teams - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

facepalm3.jpg

Remember Romney said he was a hunter and he never filed for a hunting licence in his life? He's a liar.

Of course he is he is a politician and a republican isn't he?

Tires more than fuel...

Really? Driving a car at 190mph for 500 miles doesn't take any athleticism on a big track?

For kicks, I was part of a short track team out in riverhead, LI...

Trust me.......it didnt take a great athlete to make a good driver....it took balls more than anything else.

The better athletes are the pit crew.

Some of the drivers were flabby, smokers and beer drinkers.

But to get hired for a team in NASCAR, you need to have good habits as you are a representative of a large organization...usually , the most visible representative.

Trust me.......it didnt take a great athlete to make a good driver....it took balls more than anything else.

But to get hired for a team in NASCAR, you need to have good habits as you are a representative of a large organization...usually , the most visible representative.

I used to deliver mail to Robbie Gordon Ent. in Anaheim Ca. (he was an asshole) But talking to him he stated that he was in the gym several times a week in the off season to keep up the strength. That much force at those speeds takes strength. That's why over the last few years Jr. wasn't winning...because he became soft and not working out. Last year he was working out big time and it did make a difference.

again, you are showing how naive you are about the sport...yet you continue to criticize its fans.

In Polo, it has nothing to do with the horse...it has to do with the player.

In bobsledding, it has nothing to do with the sled...it has to do with the driver and the brakeman.

You see, in NASCAR, the teams are forced to follow very strict guidlines to ensure no team has a mechanical advantage over the other teams.

Sure, some cars perform better during time trials and in the race, but that has to do with the teams skill to be able to maximize perfomance of a car taking into consideration track air temperature, track pavement temperature, wind direction and other factrors giving them reason to decreasew tire pressure, increase tire pressure, increase grill surface area, decrease grill surface area, change tires, kjieep tires, etc...

There are 4 different car manufacturers.....yet 43 cars race on race day...meaning many have the exact same car.

If it had to do with the car, they would all finish side by side.

Hero worship? Why? Becuase when a great driver who helped put NASCAR on the map died, all showed a tribute to him?

Admnit it....you just dont like what you dont understand....and you prefer to criticize it.

And that is a very poor quality to have.

Tires more than fuel...

It is funny how tires determine how fast a car you have at any given moment.

Fuel can win or lose a race if you can't complete the race without refueling

Tires more than fuel...

Driving at those speeds, making those terms and not crashing requires great skill, or so it appears to me. It takes an athlete to do that. I used to say the same thing about golf, until I watched closey, in person.

Tires more than fuel...

It is funny how tires determine how fast a car you have at any given moment.

Fuel can win or lose a race if you can't complete the race without refueling

Actually, the tire pressure has to do with grip....which allows for greater speeds on turns...but doesnt really affect the performance of the car from an engine speed standpoint.

Fuel comes into play at the end only if there is a yellow or red late in the race.....otherwise, all need to pretty much pit at the same time.....the way the car is set up, at about 50 laps, you refuiel and you can make it to the end...but not much further...

However, if there is a flag late in the race....some stay on the track hoping they will make it.....and others give up position and take on fuel...thinking the others WONT make it.

And how do they make that decision? The application of math and physics.....likely something you only see in engineering.

NASCAR racing is very complicated....that is why I laugh when people refer to it as nothing more than turning left faster than everyone else.

Last edited:
Tires more than fuel...

Driving at those speeds, making those terms and not crashing requires great skill, or so it appears to me. It takes an athlete to do that. I used to say the same thing about golf, until I watched closey, in person.

I once got to watch Closey play in person as well...a heck of an athlete!

I used to deliver mail to Robbie Gordon Ent. in Anaheim Ca. (he was an asshole) But talking to him he stated that he was in the gym several times a week in the off season to keep up the strength. That much force at those speeds takes strength. That's why over the last few years Jr. wasn't winning...because he became soft and not working out. Last year he was working out big time and it did make a difference.

its a little different driving at 80 MPH on a quarter mile track...so I am sure physical strength comes into play when trying to handle a car at 180-206 for 500 miles over a 4 hour period.

its a little different driving at 80 MPH on a quarter mile track...so I am sure physical strength comes into play when trying to handle a car at 180-206 for 500 miles over a 4 hour period.

That's where all the cautions come into play. Race ten minutes......five minutes caution

it is campaign season.

where babies are kissed, tanks are ridden, labs are visited, and ribbons are cut.

And Bicycles are ridden:

theunbubba-albums-post-photo-s-picture4165-please-mr-ahmadinejahd-can-we-have-our-drone-back-fail-demotivational-posters-1324589312.jpg

and where huge naval vessels are used for a most embarrassing photo-op.

Hmmm.....

A CiC on a CV greeting the soldiers after returning from a successful mission with no casualties compared to the CiC on a bicycle.....

And you prefere the bicycle.

Cool with me.

Forum List

Back