Romney: "I don’t really care what you tell your adopted daughter..."

Well at least he wasn't giving "shout outs" to people before addressing a mass shooting that just occurred. Now that's sensitivity.

Marriage is a religious ceremony between a man and a woman, have you thought about a civil union?
Nope, a marriage can take place in a court house, or on a beach.
The person performing the ceremony always says by the power invested in me by the state of, or something similar. Marriage is a legal procedure...you need a license.
No you don't.

Article 1, Section 10 protects everyone's right to contract...Anyone can draw up any marriage contract that they see fit at any time.

yes indeed, those shifty, lefty Log Cabiners are sure a dead give away for the abuse of children.

something that we all don't deal with everyday! eyes roll, heads spin and farts blow.
Nobody said anything about Log Cabiners, junior.

But thanks for playing...Johnny has a case of Bardahl for you, as a parting gift.

Nobody has to say anything about how you feal that politics comes before love.
The last thing in the world marriage licenses are about is love....They're about asking the state for permission to do that which does not require their assent.

If you used your head for something besides a hat rack every now and then, you might be able to recognize that.

Wow...The left using a doe-eyed little child as a political prop in a shameless appeal to emotion.

Now, there's something we don't see every day! :rolleyes:

Politics is a contact sport. Wear a helmet, champ.

GOODRIDGE: Governor Romney, tell me — what would you suggest I say to my 8 year-old daughter about why her mommy and her ma can’t get married because you, the governor of her state, are going to block our marriage?

ROMNEY: I don’t really care what you tell your adopted daughter. Why don’t you just tell her the same thing you’ve been telling her the last eight years.

Romney's Insensitivity To LGBT People: 'I Didn't Know You Had Families' | ThinkProgress

I don't suppose you have any corroborating witnesses? Any recording? Something other than a biased source with an agenda?

Romney's 'capacity for empathy' has been shown repeatedly throughout his life and career. Most recently when he went to the storm ravaged New Orleans area, BEFORE Obama did.

I call bullshit.

You can call the whaaaaaaabulance for all I care.

Looks like the Romney campaign has another fire to put out.

But thanks for playing...Johnny has a case of Bardahl for you, as a parting gift.

The last thing in the world marriage licenses are about is love....They're about asking the state for permission to do that which does not require their assent.

If you used your head for something besides a hat rack every now and then, you might be able to recognize that.

do you have anyother abilities than that of a 14 year old jr high student?
the license is fee for the paperwork associated with civic duties to the nation to produce more taxpaying soldiers for the motherland and the expanding empire.

Yeah, whatever....Can't make the point using reason and logic, cower behind a child to make a cheap appeal to the emotions of those dopey enough to be taken in by them.

The dope vote is all yours, Chief.

The reasoned and logical case for gay marriage has been made ad nauseum. Romney doesn't care but your strawman is noted.

I don't suppose you have any corroborating witnesses? Any recording? Something other than a biased source with an agenda?

Romney's 'capacity for empathy' has been shown repeatedly throughout his life and career. Most recently when he went to the storm ravaged New Orleans area, BEFORE Obama did.

I call bullshit.

You can call the whaaaaaaabulance for all I care.

Looks like the Romney campaign has another fire to put out.

hardly. This is the 2nd or 3rd thread attempting to make this an issue. The others died, as this one eventually will.

I call bullshit.

"Go home and call 211" Mitten's advice to a homeless woman.

Which, AGAIN, was the correct advice.

Yeah, whatever....Can't make the point using reason and logic, cower behind a child to make a cheap appeal to the emotions of those dopey enough to be taken in by them.

The dope vote is all yours, Chief.

The reasoned and logical case for gay marriage has been made ad nauseum. Romney doesn't care but your strawman is noted.
There is no reasoned case for making the state a defacto third party in anyone's marriage.

All the gay marriage kerfuffle is boils down to them not being able to get stars on their bellies.

Romney's Insensitivity To LGBT People: 'I Didn't Know You Had Families' | ThinkProgress

This lack of understanding for the experience of same-sex families seems to have played out even on the occasions in which he was open to supporting LGBT protections. Josh Friedes, who once served as advocacy director for the Massachusetts Freedom to Marry Coalition, explained Romney’s business-informed rationale:

FRIEDES: He made clear that he was willing to listen to business leaders about the issue of family recognition. The impression was that if business leaders told him certain benefits and protections would increase the productivity of gay workers, he would be open to supporting those. … It was not really about what these protections would do for gay families, but what they would do for the titans of industry… It felt like there was a lord/serf relationship.

You can love the hole in a wall with a woman painted around it, but why does the gubmint have to sanction it for you?

A more important question is, why does the gov't think it can tell you NOT to? :eusa_whistle:

Ardith Wieworka knows she cannot prove that she was fired as the state’s Office of Child Care Services just because she was going to marry her same-sex partner, but she remembers what Romney’s administration told her when they fired her: they wanted someone more “like them.”

Don't feel alone. Romney doesn't care about any of the "little people".

You can love the hole in a wall with a woman painted around it, but why does the gubmint have to sanction it for you?

A more important question is, why does the gov't think it can tell you NOT to? :eusa_whistle:
The important question is why gubmint has any say in it at all.

only if you're stuck on stupid.

if the gays weren't agitating for equal marriage rights, none of this what's the *gubmint* doing in the marriage bullshit would exist.

it's a device for cowards who can't come right out and say that they're in favor of discriminatory laws against teh gays.

it showed up right after the incest meme but before bestiality.

Forum List

Back