Romney has money parked in the Cayman Islands???

And WHAT business is it of yours? Does it deprive YOU one iota?

He's running for president, if he is a tax cheat then it has a very direct bearing on his probable policy decisions. It's a hell of a lot more pertinent than Obama's kindergarten records.
SHOW where he broke the LAW?

You cannot. YOU are envious. Tell ya what? Get off yer dead ass and emulate what he is able to do...don't come here and be a sniveling crybaby because he is doing what you wish you could do and have been too fucking LAZY to.

It is NONE of your business.

yeah, git off yer ass and do a better job of choosing your parents.

If Mittens could choose a rich daddy, by gawd, so can you.

(But I do agree that, if its legal, you can put your money anywhere you please. What's really wrong with this picture is that we make it almost mandatory for money to leave our country. Check with the GObP/pubs about that.)

Last edited:
He's running for president, if he is a tax cheat then it has a very direct bearing on his probable policy decisions. It's a hell of a lot more pertinent than Obama's kindergarten records.

You cannot. YOU are envious. Tell ya what? Get off yer dead ass and emulate what he is able to do...don't come here and be a sniveling crybaby because he is doing what you wish you could do and have been too fucking LAZY to.

NICE subtle (almost imperceptible) moving of the goal posts, Nuttly,mudbite.

[/sarcasm]

Romney Parks Millions in Cayman Islands - ABC News

This alarms me a bit. I'm sure further investigation will follow but this causes me a few red flags.

We gotta make damn sure our nominee is FULLY vetted. We don't need any October surprises to cost us the election.

There are plenty of Reasons to put your money in Banks other than the US, Other than Illegal ones. Better Interest rates, A Hedge Against some kind of Bank Problem in the US, Etc.

when you have a shit ton of Cash, you don't just stick it in one bank, or even just one Country.

Thanks for a sensible response. I made no accusations of any wrong doing. I'm a simple man and this kind of wealth shit is beyond me. I still say it must be fully looked into because even if nothing was done wrong and Romney is the nominee this will be brought up. Diffuse it now and be forth coming. That was my only point.
After all, we on the right, brought it up many times. Ie... We bitched when Kerry dodged just a few taxes by docking his boat out of state. If we can't live it we can't use it.

(But I do agree that, if its legal, you can put your money anywhere you please. What's really wrong with this picture is that we make it almost mandatory for money to leave our country. Check with the GObP/pubs about that.)
What has choosing your parents have to do with a damned thing when you have an equal oppritunity society?

YOU are stricken with wealth envy. *Admit it* And too lazy to take advantage of your own liberties granted via the Constitution.

You'd rather give those up and make those that YOU are envious PAY for your OWN shortcomings.

Moral to the story here? Why YES there is...

Grow UP. BE RESPONSIBLE for YOU.

What about of "His inheritence was given to charity" is difficult to understand?

What about of "His inheritence was given to charity" is difficult to understand?

but but but

Nuttly,mudbite, the little motor boat that couldn't, just sank.

Lucky NUTTITE would rather it be given to him...he's too busy with wealth envy and butting into other people's business when HE should pay attention to his own life, and get busy.

This alarms me a bit. I'm sure further investigation will follow but this causes me a few red flags.

We gotta make damn sure our nominee is FULLY vetted. We don't need any October surprises to cost us the election.

There are plenty of Reasons to put your money in Banks other than the US, Other than Illegal ones. Better Interest rates, A Hedge Against some kind of Bank Problem in the US, Etc.

when you have a shit ton of Cash, you don't just stick it in one bank, or even just one Country.

Thanks for a sensible response. I made no accusations of any wrong doing. I'm a simple man and this kind of wealth shit is beyond me. I still say it must be fully looked into because even if nothing was done wrong and Romney is the nominee this will be brought up. Diffuse it now and be forth coming. That was my only point.
After all, we on the right, brought it up many times. Ie... We bitched when Kerry dodged just a few taxes by docking his boat out of state. If we can't live it we can't use it.

Yabut, rw's will make all kinds of excuses why its okay for the Repubs to maximize their profits but its not okay for libs to do it.

I suspect that Mittens has stayed just inside the law and there's nothing wrong with that.

I still say its the phoniness and his complete lack of ability that is of a greater concern. He's the candidate because he will be easy to control.

President Obama has made huge progress and if the pubs are given that much power, they'll have us in several more wars and standing in bread lines. Its the GObP/Repub way and we all know it.

His daddy was wealthy. He inherited some dough.

On his own he earned a lot of dough.

He has invested quite a lot of his wealth.

Is he (a) supposed to know exactly what each investment firm does with each insignificant or each significant portion of his investments? or (b) supposed to care all that much if some of his money gets invested in a place like the Cayman Islands?

How and why should that be an "oh nozies" moment?

I am not a Mitt fan, but I see lots of good reasons to limit the criticism to the politics the guy has, and not waste a freakin' second on this kind of tripe.

Brian Lamb: By the way, why did your father not give you any of his inheritance?

"Governor Mitt Romney: Well, he didn’t have as much as I think some people anticipated. And I did get a check from my dad when he passed away. I shouldn’t say a check, but I did inherit some funds from my dad.*But I turned and gave that away to charity. In this case I gave it to a school which Brigham Young University established in his honor, the George W. Romney School of Public Management.*And as an institute of public management, it helps young people learn about government and about serving in public service. And that’s where his inheritance ended up."

Yabut, rw's will make all kinds of excuses why its okay for the Repubs to maximize their profits but its not okay for libs to do it.

It's perfectly okay for anyone to have assets in the Cayman Islands, regardless of the R or D after their names.
Some are too ensconced in Obama's WAR on the rich and wealth envy to get off thier dead asses and tend to thier own misbegotten lives of failure.

Is he (a) supposed to know exactly what each investment firm does with each insignificant or each significant portion of his investments? or (b) supposed to care all that much if some of his money gets invested in a place like the Cayman Islands?

I am not a Mitt fan, but I see lots of good reasons to limit the criticism to the politics the guy has, and not waste a freakin' second on this kind of tripe.
The fact that he inherited a lot of money and made a lot of money is immaterial. The fact that he pays a lower percentage in taxes than most Americans just means he takes advantage of tax loopholes that allow him to pay less taxes. This is an indictment of our tax system, not Romney.

What disturbs me is a presidential hopeful choosing to use offshore accounts. Romney says he pays the taxes just as if the funds where in the US. However Cayman banking regulations put a veil of secrecy over accounts such that the IRS or anyone would have a hard time proving otherwise. Cayman accounts are fine if you need the secrecy, but a presidential candidate should not have that need.

He donated the money he inherited to charity. The money he has now is what he earned.

I didn't know that. If it's true, that's kinda cool.

Yeah I learned it a few weeks ago. It is pretty cool.

But somehow Romney has no compassion;)

You said the comment above after saying this:

Why would it alarm you? As long as he isn't funding mass murder or treason, I don't really care what he does with his money. It's his money. He is responsible to God for what He does with it. Not me.

To be honest, you guys come to the conclusion that donating his money to charity is cool after stating over and over that you dont care what Romney does with his money. You are failing to realize that, just like you just did, people will come to conclusions based on the facts. You came to the conclusion that donating his money to charity is "cool".

Some will come to the conclusion that stashing money in the Camans is "not cool". Pretending that you dont care except when you can site "cool" donations. Is...how do you say...fake as shit.

The fact that he inherited a lot of money and made a lot of money is immaterial. The fact that he pays a lower percentage in taxes than most Americans just means he takes advantage of tax loopholes that allow him to pay less taxes. This is an indictment of our tax system, not Romney.

What disturbs me is a presidential hopeful choosing to use offshore accounts. Romney says he pays the taxes just as if the funds where in the US. However Cayman banking regulations put a veil of secrecy over accounts such that the IRS or anyone would have a hard time proving otherwise. Cayman accounts are fine if you need the secrecy, but a presidential candidate should not have that need.
And who's FAULT is it that he pays lower rate?

And this disturbs YOU because of envy. You have bought into Obama's line of non thinking and Class Warfare.

Tell us something?

Which is more reprehensible?

Using your fortune to become the leader of the free world to defend it or using the office during and after you are elected to become rich?

And can YOU tell me to whom I speak?

There is some merit in that post you just offered.

Of course, it's still not clear that Mitt is placing his money in the Caymans. some of the investment companies where he has invested some of his wealth may have.

If they are doing so to avoid taxation, then it might be somewhat problematical.

Also, up to a certain point, I think Presidential candidates SHOULD have less claim to secrecy in their finances. But even so, I really understand why many public officials are opposed to any requirement that they must completely forgo the right to privacy in their personal affairs, just to hold public office.

It's perfectly okay for anyone to have assets in the Cayman Islands, regardless of the R or D after their names.

Okay then. If Romney is the nominee, I hope the GOP electorate will have this understanding and be able to see how a few jobs shipped overseas and now a few investments too, is actually a good thing.

And WHAT business is it of yours? Does it deprive YOU one iota?

yet you support a president who appointed a Tax Cheat to Head the IRS. Then Accuse Romney of being a tax cheat when he has Broke no laws, and is doing nothing The Both Democrats and Republicans do not all do.

Hmmmm

I dont have a problem with libs keeping their money. I have a problem with their double standard where they think they should keep theirs but everyone else should be forcefully parted from their money.

Forum List

Back