Romney has money parked in the Cayman Islands???

Is there any reason to put money in the Caymans besides to shelter it from taxes?
And WHAT business is it of yours? Does it deprive YOU one iota?

He's running for president, if he is a tax cheat then it has a very direct bearing on his probable policy decisions. It's a hell of a lot more pertinent than Obama's kindergarten records.

So tired of these lefties like Chris Mathews and the crew of MSNBC
and those here that say they want rich people to pay their fair share in taxes.
Then they never have the balls to say what they believe the "fair" share should be....
You know what.If these so called rich evil people are paying whatever the tax code is.

THEN THEY ARE PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE STOOPID...... HEH HEH

Why would it alarm you? As long as he isn't funding mass murder or treason, I don't really care what he does with his money. It's his money. He is responsible to God for what He does with it. Not me.
Precisely. No one else's business but his. It smacks of wealth envy.

I resent that comment. I have no envy of others good fortunes. In fact I've had several good situations over the years where I've made 30k+ in just a couple weeks on commercial jobs. I envy no one except those with happy fulfilling marriages.

Especially when it comes to personal wealth.

No one else's business. But for those wringing thier hands and wanting that wealth for themselves?

Get a job and work hard...for that could be you too. Mind your own fucking business...and get to work.

Are you really trying to make the point that it is no ones business if a potential POTUS is a tax cheat? Seriously?

The tax cheat thing is covered. Obama hired as many as he could.
True^

Why would it alarm you? As long as he isn't funding mass murder or treason, I don't really care what he does with his money. It's his money. He is responsible to God for what He does with it. Not me.

Because that is one of many places that the rich try to shelter their money are from taxes.

I'm not saying he is guilty of such activities but I want to be fully informed and not just stick my head in the sand as many do to support their prospective parties.
Your ignorance and naivete is stunning.

Mittens does not work. Mittens has not worked since the 90s. In fact, all Mittens has done is run for president for something like 17 years. Mittens has never had to work because daddy gave him large piles of money. Mittens does not have very much income. So far, he has admitted to only a scant $375THOUSAND DOLLARS last year. Instead, Mittens has wealth. So far, we know he gets $13MILLION DOLLARS a year from the Mormon-funded corporate raider company called Bain.

There is a HUGE difference between "income" and "wealth".

Mittens "shelters" his wealth in offshore (foreign) companies and banks. Its what the wealthy do.

As for the legality, I can't say. But yes, of course, Mittens uses every single GObP/Repub backed tax loophole there is and of course, Mittens shelters his money far far away from American banks or companies.

I resent that comment. I have no envy of others good fortunes. In fact I've had several good situations over the years where I've made 30k+ in just a couple weeks on commercial jobs. I envy no one except those with happy fulfilling marriages.
Wasn't directed AT you. Settle, please?

Because that is one of many places that the rich try to shelter their money are from taxes.

I'm not saying he is guilty of such activities but I want to be fully informed and not just stick my head in the sand as many do to support their prospective parties.

If he shelters a little or all his money from taxes, more power to him. That means he understands how the people of this nation are over taxed and why raising taxes on the "rich" doesn't really generate any new revenue to the treasury.

That's why if you truly want to gain revenue for the treasury you LOWER the tax rate and INCREASE the tax base by making it more profitable to keep money in the United States than to move it over seas.

I can't believe my eyes.

Again, I'm not saying he did BUT if he did shelter money from taxes I have a big fucking problem with it. I can't shelter mine so who the fuck is he to get away with it (IF HE DID)?

We screamed at Obama daily about tax cheats and now its ok if its our guy? Notta!

Is there any reason to put money in the Caymans besides to shelter it from taxes?

Lots of reasons. Many organizations, working well within existing taxes codes, with full knowledge of the IRS and other regulatory agencies, and with otherwise full disclosure, create investment plans with funds held overseas. There are many reasons to consider such investments, including favorable tax treatment as the investments hopefully grow...but you can bet any profits are taxed upon repatriation, which many such plans require.

There are many other legitimate reasons to hold foreign accounts such as working overseas, international investments, currency trading, or simple diversification of assets.

Certainly, if someone is breaking law, there should be hell to pay.

Romney Parks Millions in Cayman Islands - ABC News

This alarms me a bit. I'm sure further investigation will follow but this causes me a few red flags.

We gotta make damn sure our nominee is FULLY vetted. We don't need any October surprises to cost us the election.

This alarms you?
A spokesperson for the Romney campaign says Romney follows all tax laws and he would pay the same in taxes regardless of where the funds are based.

This alarms you?
Tax experts agree that Romney remains subject to American taxes.

If you don't like the fact that Romney took advantage of LEGAL tax loopholes, then pester Congress to close the loopholes. I am all for closing tax loopholes and simplifying the tax code.

If he shelters a little or all his money from taxes, more power to him. That means he understands how the people of this nation are over taxed and why raising taxes on the "rich" doesn't really generate any new revenue to the treasury.

That's why if you truly want to gain revenue for the treasury you LOWER the tax rate and INCREASE the tax base by making it more profitable to keep money in the United States than to move it over seas.

I can't believe my eyes.

Again, I'm not saying he did BUT if he did shelter money from taxes I have a big fucking problem with it. I can't shelter mine so who the fuck is he to get away with it (IF HE DID)?

We screamed at Obama daily about tax cheats and now its ok if its our guy? Notta!

You can shelter your taxes. Anyone can. It's perfectly legal.

The constant accusation of "envy" or "class warfare" is crap. The only only class warfare that's going on is against the working class and we're losing.

Working hard and benefiting from your work is the Great American Way. I don't envy others and I've done pretty well for myself.

BUT - I have no use for crooks and phonies like Mittens. How dare he tell a group of unemployed people that he's also unemployed. Or all the other idiot financial gaffes he's made. The man is what my father would have called "tits on a goose". He's never made anything, never contributed anything.

I also don't mind that his father gave him his wealth but Mittens has done nothing worthwhile with it.

And, even that is okay with me.

The part I hate is that he's a phony. He lies about himself every time he opens his mouth.

If he had the balls to just admit that he bought and trashed companies and fired workers and will do the same if he's elected. Same with newt. Why doesn't he just admit that he's lower than pond scum and used to get bj's in the hospital parking lot while his wife was being treated for cancer? And, how long before we find out that Santorum is gay?

Perry is possiby the only innocent. He probably has girlfriends but his biggest fault is that he's just damn dumb.

Romney Parks Millions in Cayman Islands - ABC News

This alarms me a bit. I'm sure further investigation will follow but this causes me a few red flags.

We gotta make damn sure our nominee is FULLY vetted. We don't need any October surprises to cost us the election.

There are plenty of Reasons to put your money in Banks other than the US, Other than Illegal ones. Better Interest rates, A Hedge Against some kind of Bank Problem in the US, Etc.

when you have a shit ton of Cash, you don't just stick it in one bank, or even just one Country.

He's running for president, if he is a tax cheat then it has a very direct bearing on his probable policy decisions. It's a hell of a lot more pertinent than Obama's kindergarten records.

Did he break any laws? If so, why is he not being prosecuted?

Short answer is, he broke no laws, so there is nothing to prosecute.

If I ever serve on a jury with tax cheating being the charge. The guy/gal will walk every time.

I am open to changing that opinion once the government can spend responsibly.

I can't believe my eyes.

You can shelter your taxes. Anyone can. It's perfectly legal.

not if you have an R after your name I guess.

I keep all of my money in a sock hidden behind the War and Peace book on the bookshelf. All $19.73 of it. The rest, I carry in an envelope sewn into the lining of my work jacket. The only problem with it is that the quarters keeps clinking and making nose. You wouldn't think that $9.00 in quarters would make that much noise.

SHOW where he broke the LAW?

You cannot. YOU are envious. Tell ya what? Get off yer dead ass and emulate what he is able to do...don't come here and be a sniveling crybaby because he is doing what you wish you could do and have been too fucking LAZY to.

It is NONE of your business.

If I ever serve on a jury with tax cheating being the charge. The guy/gal will walk every time.

I am open to changing that opinion once the government can spend responsibly.

Nullification...the second to the last line of defense against tyranny?

I can't believe my eyes.

We screamed at Obama daily about tax cheats and now its ok if its our guy?
Notta!

You CAN shelter your wealth. Unless you can show us a law against it, you have no valid complaint on that topic.

Who says that it constitutes "getting away" with ANYTHING?

Screaming at President Obama for making a tax cheat the head of Treasury (and thus the IRS) is NOT even marginally akin to saying it's "ok" if "our guy" is a "tax cheat," since parking one's wealth in the Cayman's is NOT synonymous with cheating on one's taxes.

YOUR post implicitly contends that parking investments in the Caymans is cheating on taxes.

it isn't.

Forum List

Back