Romney has money parked in the Cayman Islands???

Why would it alarm you? As long as he isn't funding mass murder or treason, I don't really care what he does with his money. It's his money. He is responsible to God for what He does with it. Not me.

Romney Parks Millions in Cayman Islands - ABC News

This alarms me a bit. I'm sure further investigation will follow but this causes me a few red flags.

We gotta make damn sure our nominee is FULLY vetted. We don't need any October surprises to cost us the election.

His daddy was wealthy. He inherited some dough.

On his own he earned a lot of dough.

He has invested quite a lot of his wealth.

Is he (a) supposed to know exactly what each investment firm does with each insignificant or each significant portion of his investments? or (b) supposed to care all that much if some of his money gets invested in a place like the Cayman Islands?

How and why should that be an "oh nozies" moment?

I am not a Mitt fan, but I see lots of good reasons to limit the criticism to the politics the guy has, and not waste a freakin' second on this kind of tripe.

• Banned
Why would it alarm you? As long as he isn't funding mass murder or treason, I don't really care what he does with his money. It's his money. He is responsible to God for what He does with it. Not me.

Because that is one of many places that the rich try to shelter their money are from taxes.

I'm not saying he is guilty of such activities but I want to be fully informed and not just stick my head in the sand as many do to support their prospective parties.

• Banned

This alarms me a bit. I'm sure further investigation will follow but this causes me a few red flags.

We gotta make damn sure our nominee is FULLY vetted. We don't need any October surprises to cost us the election.

Is he (a) supposed to know exactly what each investment firm does with each insignificant or each significant portion of his investments? or (b) supposed to care all that much if some of his money gets invested in a place like the Cayman Islands?

I am not a Mitt fan, but I see lots of good reasons to limit the criticism to the politics the guy has, and not waste a freakin' second on this kind of tripe.

Tripe like this if not fully explained could easily sway a swing voter. Thus, it matters.

Especially when it comes to personal wealth.

No one else's business. But for those wringing thier hands and wanting that wealth for themselves?

Get a job and work hard...for that could be you too. Mind your own fucking business...and get to work.

Tripe like this if not fully explained could easily sway a swing voter. Thus, it matters.

The problem then is not with the possibility that some of his investments are situated in the Cayman Islands.

The problem would appear to be that the ignorance of the Electorate makes them too malleable.

why would it alarm you? As long as he isn't funding mass murder or treason, i don't really care what he does with his money. It's his money. He is responsible to god for what he does with it. Not me.

because that is one of many places that the rich try to shelter their money are from taxes.

I'm not saying he is guilty of such activities but i want to be fully informed and not just stick my head in the sand as many do to support their prospective parties.
l e g a l i t y

No one else's business. But for those wringing thier hands and wanting that wealth for themselves?

Get a job and work hard...for that could be you too. Mind your own fucking business...and get to work.

Are you really trying to make the point that it is no ones business if a potential POTUS is a tax cheat? Seriously?

Because that is one of many places that the rich try to shelter their money from taxes.

There is nothing illegal or wrong with having foreign bank accounts. Having worked overseas, I've had them. No big deal. But as you implied, someone is going to have to show actual avoidance of compulsory taxes before it would be an issue. I just can't believe such an obvious thing wouldn't have been vetted by now. I'm guessing it will be a non issue...and they'll get it off the table well before the nomination.

Are you really trying to make the point that it is no ones business if a potential POTUS is a tax cheat? Seriously?

What kind of fucking shithead thinks that parking some of his investment money in the Cayman Islands is the same thing as being a "tax cheat?" :cuckoo:

MuddleoftheRoad, you are that kind of shithead.

You fucking shithead.

The tax cheat thing is covered. Obama hired as many as he could.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Is there any reason to put money in the Caymans besides to shelter it from taxes?

Last edited:

He donated the money he inherited to charity. The money he has now is what he earned.

He donated the money he inherited to charity. The money he has now is what he earned.

I didn't know that. If it's true, that's kinda cool.

^True.

Because that is one of many places that the rich try to shelter their money are from taxes.

I'm not saying he is guilty of such activities but I want to be fully informed and not just stick my head in the sand as many do to support their prospective parties.

If he shelters a little or all his money from taxes, more power to him. That means he understands how the people of this nation are over taxed and why raising taxes on the "rich" doesn't really generate any new revenue to the treasury.

That's why if you truly want to gain revenue for the treasury you LOWER the tax rate and INCREASE the tax base by making it more profitable to keep money in the United States than to move it over seas.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

I didn't know that. If it's true, that's kinda cool.

Yeah I learned it a few weeks ago. It is pretty cool.

But somehow Romney has no compassion;)

Forum List

Back