Romney has clear lead among Republicans

Romney has to run 2 distinct "fip-flop" campaigns.

FLIP-FLOP 1: To get the Republican presidential nomination, he has to "flip-flop" on his past moderate record to convince enough delegates from the far-right to vote for him as their 2nd or 3rd choice.

FLIP-FLOP 2: To obtain the presidency, during the 2012 general election, Romney has to "flip-flop" again to attract the swing-vote in the political center - which is the key to success in any election.

Romney then has to hope that moderate voters weren't listening during the GOP primaries to his conservative positions (FLIP-FLOP 1) and that the Tea Party supporters have locked in their votes and won't stay home after he switches back to more moderate positions.(FLIP-FLOP 2)

Last edited:
If a Republican is going to won, let it be Romney.

The endorsement of death.
Tell us who you think the last person on the GOP roster is who ought to be president. I'll vote for that person.

You are going to vote for that crook Perry anyways, Rick "I will hold my nose and do anything for money" Perry.

Thanks. I knew my analysis was right. Go, Rick! Let's get America working again.

Romney has laid all of his positions out in his book. He has not flip flopped on any of those positions.

Tell us who you think the last person on the GOP roster is who ought to be president. I'll vote for that person.
How is Romney going to appeal to right wingers, like "The Rabbi," to get the Republican presidential nomination and then use the same platform to attract moderates during the general election?

Last edited:
Romney has laid all of his positions out in his book. He has not flip flopped on any of those positions.

How is Romney going to appeal to right wingers, like "The Rabbi," to get the Republican presidential nomination and then use the same platform to attract moderates during the general election?

Oh, once the general election rolls around, Romney will say, "SUCKERS" to people like Rabbi, figuring they sure as hell aren't going to vote for Obama. He's too black.

It won't matter, though, once Romney has locked down the nomination, all the positive spin he's getting from the Mainstream Media now will turn to portraying him as the anti-Christ.

You are going to vote for that crook Perry anyways, Rick "I will hold my nose and do anything for money" Perry.

Thanks. I knew my analysis was right. Go, Rick! Let's get America working again.

When you going to change your avatar? You know he's a dead duck.

Romney is the only GOP candidate, with the possible exception of Huntsman, that can beat Obama. Unless Republicans regain their sanity and nominate Romney, they are headed by way of Christine O'Donnell.

When you going to change your avatar? You know he's a dead duck.
People said the same about McCain at this point four years ago. Voters decide these things, not polls, Mary.

I'd say you'd have it changed by this time next month.

Is it true that the official campaign slogan has been changed to "Oops?"

NH primary isn't until 10th January.
Super Tuesday isn't until Mar 6th. At the end of that we're likely to have a candidate.
But I'll support anyone running over the undocumented turd we have in the white house now.

People said the same about McCain at this point four years ago. Voters decide these things, not polls, Mary.

I'd say you'd have it changed by this time next month.

Is it true that the official campaign slogan has been changed to "Oops?"

NH primary isn't until 10th January.
Super Tuesday isn't until Mar 6th. At the end of that we're likely to have a candidate.
But I'll support anyone running over the undocumented turd we have in the white house now.

Can't wait!

Whenever I hear an uberlib like the OP putting a positive spin on a candidate.. it gives me theheebeejeebees...

Personally.. I don't care what a lib thinks about 'the race', nor whether they could like the candidate or not.. I will support the eventual candidate that best fits my criteria.. regardless

I've noticed that the biggest cheerleaders for Reversable Mittens are the liberals, who keep telling us that he's the one they are afraid of.

really?

Conservatives need to hold out for a real conservative, because at the end of the day, Obama has to run on his record, and we'd do better showing a sharp contrast than a carbon copy.

agreed....Romney is laying low, so is the media;) if he looks like a a lock, the Mormon mini series will hit the air, surrogates for obama will pound that too, and,last but not least and rightly so, as was done ala Kerry, his flip flopping will come back with a vengeance.

Whenever I hear an uberlib like the OP putting a positive spin on a candidate.. it gives me theheebeejeebees...

Personally.. I don't care what a lib thinks about 'the race', nor whether they could like the candidate or not.. I will support the eventual candidate that best fits my criteria.. regardless

I've noticed that the biggest cheerleaders for Reversable Mittens are the liberals, who keep telling us that he's the one they are afraid of.

really?

Conservatives need to hold out for a real conservative, because at the end of the day, Obama has to run on his record, and we'd do better showing a sharp contrast than a carbon copy.

agreed....Romney is laying low, so is the media;) if he looks like a a lock, the Mormon mini series will hit the air, surrogates for obama will pound that too, and,last but not least and rightly so, as was done ala Kerry, his flip flopping will come back with a vengeance.

Oh, I think what they'll really hit him on is his business practices. We are going to see a lot of families sitting around their living rooms talking about how they lost their homes and jobs and communities once Bain came in Corporate raiding and leverage buying.

And it would be valid. Romney and his sort have been a pox on our economy.

A Romney loss in the primaries would indicate the Tea Party and social values conservatives are more important in the party than sense.

Forum List

Back