Romney has clear lead among Republicans

I have to give the GOP some credit. There's no way any of those other moronic nitwits could mount a decent challenge. Every one of the other candidates are so out of lockstep with America they would try and march this nation back to the dark ages.

This could spell trouble for Obama. From the beginning Mitt was the ONLY one that had any chance at all to unseat him.

Big deal... at this point in '08 Giuliani was in the lead and Fred Thompson was in second. Leads at this point mean nothing.

Gingrich will be the republican nominee. Bank on it. And he'll make SCORCHED EARTH out of the kenyans asshole in debates.

Obama can easily hold his own against Newt, and the social values folks will bail on Gingrich.

He probably spells as much trouble for Obama as Kerry spelled for Bush. For very much the same reasons. While one may loathe Obama for his policies, he hasn't really flipflopped on anything. For Romney, it's hard to tell his position from hour to hour. And his positons on the Ohio Union busting bill is going to be pretty deadly.

The campaign commercials have already been made...by Reversible Mittens himself. All it takes is a little editing and you can have Romney debating Romney. I don't know if you can name an issue he HASN'T flip flopped on.

You are absolutely right that his position on the anti-union bill is going to hurt him, especially coupled with his statements about letting GM fail. (which, again, would have just been another way to drive unions out)

They've already dedicated a You-Tube channel to this..

Last edited by a moderator:
Obama can easily hold his own against Newt, and the social values folks will bail on Gingrich.

I think it shows that beyond your angry charactitures, you don't understand social values conservatives.

Shit, man, I'm an angry atheist, and I've got a better grasp on these folks than you do.

It won't matter to them. What will matter to them is the details of what he is saying, which they like.

I mean as much as you want to drag out the crying towels for his ex-wives, they were the ones who married him.

Romney leads by 20 points in New Hampshire, and is within the margin of error in Iowa and South Carolina. He is the man to beat.

Indeed.

Hillary Clinton won New hampshire in 2008
John McCain won New Hampshire in 2000
Pat Buchanan won New Hampshire in 1996
Paul Tsongas won New Hampshire in 1992.

How many of them eventually got their party's nomination?

Let us not forget that in 2008, Mitt Romney was leading in New Hampshire all the way up until the point that Mike Huckabee beat Romney in Iowa, showing he was vulnerable. Then John McCain, who everyone had declared dead and buried a few months before, came from behind to win it.

His support might be a mile wide but it's an inch deep.

Whenever I hear an uberlib like the OP putting a positive spin on a candidate.. it gives me theheebeejeebees...

Personally.. I don't care what a lib thinks about 'the race', nor whether they could like the candidate or not.. I will support the eventual candidate that best fits my criteria.. regardless

He probably spells as much trouble for Obama as Kerry spelled for Bush. For very much the same reasons. While one may loathe Obama for his policies, he hasn't really flipflopped on anything. For Romney, it's hard to tell his position from hour to hour. And his positons on the Ohio Union busting bill is going to be pretty deadly.
Correct. Although Romney has a marginally better chance to attract some democrats, it won’t be enough to matter.

WTF do you care? You're voting Obama again. Because he's done such a stellar job.

Given the disaster left by the GOP, yes he has.

He probably spells as much trouble for Obama as Kerry spelled for Bush. For very much the same reasons. While one may loathe Obama for his policies, he hasn't really flipflopped on anything.

What????

Oh, yes - I forgot... Gitmo is closed, all Barry's bills get complete public display and scrutiny, we have a 100% transparent President, all the Boooooosh tax cuts have been repealed, and there is no cronyism whatsoever shown by 0bama to his major donors...

:lmao:

Because of the gross malfeasance of those Republicans to the right of Reagan in Congress from 1994 to 2006. The great majority still rightfully blames the GOP for the collapse.

So what do you call the actions of the Congress of 2008 - 2010, fiscally responsible?

Whenever I hear an uberlib like the OP putting a positive spin on a candidate.. it gives me theheebeejeebees...

Personally.. I don't care what a lib thinks about 'the race', nor whether they could like the candidate or not.. I will support the eventual candidate that best fits my criteria.. regardless

I've noticed that the biggest cheerleaders for Reversable Mittens are the liberals, who keep telling us that he's the one they are afraid of.

really?

Conservatives need to hold out for a real conservative, because at the end of the day, Obama has to run on his record, and we'd do better showing a sharp contrast than a carbon copy.

Because of the gross malfeasance of those Republicans to the right of Reagan in Congress from 1994 to 2006. The great majority still rightfully blames the GOP for the collapse.

So what do you call the actions of the Congress of 2008 - 2010, fiscally responsible?

Shhhh, Bripat... Jake the Fake is trying to convince you he's a Republican.

And he's not a Mormon. Really.

Dems managed to get Boooosh to pass raising a ridiculously low min. wage 2007-9- otherwise, just gave him rope...like Pub filibuster congress 2/4/2010-2012. Prepare to get wiped, a-holes and Moonies...

I have to give the GOP some credit. There's no way any of those other moronic nitwits could mount a decent challenge. Every one of the other candidates are so out of lockstep with America they would try and march this nation back to the dark ages.

its nice of you to stop by with that dose of banal idiocy, but don't feel you need to do it often...peace.

seriously, you must be on medication. no, really.

A Romney nomination would prove that the Tea Party is much less influential than it thinks it is.

You may have a valid point. I have always felt that the TEA movement was something that the GOP Establishment was happy to use to beat Obama over the head with, but the notion that it might have a major influence on the party and what it stands for terrifies them.

The biggest problem with Washington Republicans is that after a while there, they "go native". they actually start caring what the Washington Post and New York Times has to say about them.

And peshaw, we don't want them thinking we're like them rubes in flyover country. We'd never get invited to dinner parties that way.

So after a scare with Cain, perhaps the Establishment is saying to itself, "Well, they don't want Romney, we get that. Will they settle for Gingrich?"

Forum List

Back