Romney had a 67% Disapproval Rating When Leaving Office

Aug 7, 2012
Would you hire someone with this job reference?

Do you have references, Mr. Romney?

Well, my constituents in MA were hard nuts to crack but at Bain, well, I was unstoppable!

What do you mean "hard nuts to crack"?

Well, they didn't like some of my difficult decisions which were for the best. Such as? Well, anti-gay marriage, you know--most people won't admit it but they are against it.

Anything else?

Well, I think they were not happy that the perception was I abandoned doing anything for the state and set my sights on running for the presidency about half way through my term.

So, what was your approval rating when you left office? Any letters of reference from your constituents. I could have my wife and sons who are so proud of me and instead of joining the military to fight for their country, they are serving their country by helping me get elected to the presidency, write some letters for you.

Fine, but what was your approval rating when you left office?

Well, it wasn't as high as when I took office. Exactly what was it then? Um...er....I don't recall exactly but somewhere in the vicinity of *clearing throat and mumbling" uh... (unintelligible __%.

Mr. Romney, we will call you. Don't call us!

But....but...I have this remarkable Etch-A-Sketch named after me that I'm also going to be marketing and I can cut you in on 50% of the profits once the company is in trouble and we buy them out, creating immense debt for them that they can't pay back and putting a great deal of money in our pockets. Great investment opportunit!

We'll call you (rolling eyes)!

By the time Mitt Romney ended his tenure as governor of Massachusetts, 67% of his constituents disapproved of his performance. This was a steep decline from a 66% approval rating when he took office.

So if he does run, Romney should be a candidate to keep your eye on. But will he do as well in practice as he does on paper? In the last month or so, certainly, Romney has looked pretty clumsy . . . . What Romney is still short on is big-ticket legislative accomplishments. Yes, his strategists think they can spin gold from the meta-narrative of an outnumbered governor gamely battling for the Republican way in Democratic Massachusetts. Perhaps. But what Romney could really use right now is to beef up his legislative record.

April 25, 2005: The approval rating of Governor Mitt Romney has plummeted 13% from an all-time Bay State Poll high 56% three months ago to an all-time Bay State Poll low of 43%. In answer to the question “If Mitt Romney runs for president in 2008, will he win?” 13.7% Massachusetts residents said “yes” compared to a whopping 66.2% who said “no”.

This is the track record that Romney hopes will stay buried as he shifts all his “economy expertise” to his Bain Capital record. Romney left Bain to join the political race for governor of Massachusetts in 2002. His Bain cred did not translate to “ability to govern.” Massachusetts underperformed with Mitt Romney at the helm.

LINK

403829777.jpg

Last edited:
well that is about what Obama is going to have when he leaves in November.

A majority of the people Disapprove of him...vote him out

Romney vetoed 800 bills while governor of MA, and almost all of them were overriden by the MA legislature.

Romney was powerless to do much of anything as governor, unless the Democratic legislature supported what he wanted to do.

• Banned
He had a 60+ something approval rating, dipshit.
But keep trying.

Can you ever post anything without profanity and insults? Typical of many Romney supporters (repubs).

He had a 67% disapproval rating per the article and chart.

By the time Mitt Romney ended his tenure as governor of Massachusetts, 67% of his constituents disapproved of his performance.

But keep trying.

Can you ever post anything without profanity and insults? Typical of many Romney supporters (repubs).

By the time Mitt Romney ended his tenure as governor of Massachusetts, 67% of his constituents disapproved of his performance.

and your point?

But keep trying.

and your point?

The point being, the ONLY job Romney has held that is similar to the one he is trying to get now ended up with 67% of the people he represented disapproving of his work.

• Banned
But keep trying.

and your point?

Is that a serious question?

But keep trying.

Romney As Governor: 800 Vetoes And One Big Deal : NPR

But by the end of his term, Romney's approval rating in Massachusetts was only 34 percent. In recent polls, the number has barely changed.

Keep in mind, no candidate has ever won the presidency without winning his home state.

Except Obama, who won in 2008 without winning Kenya.

...see I'm even smarter than the 'nuts here when I pretend to be a rightwing nut. lolol

Massachusettes is a very liberal state.

Yes, in fact it is so liberal that Romney cannot claim that it was his policies that caused any prosperity in MA during his tenure,

unless those were policies that the Democrats in Massachusetts allowed him to pursue.

In short, Romney only got things done in Massachusetts when he was acting like a Democrat.

i c we got two big Romney supporters here- Steph & Katzndogz :rolleyes: You people are too extreme for Williard and you aint in "the club" (rich ;) )

i c we got two big Romney supporters here- Steph & Katzndogz :rolleyes: You people are too extreme for Williard and you aint in "the club" (rich ;) )

well thanks for your psychoanalysis or was it psychobabble:eusa_hand:

Massachusettes is a very liberal state.

Yes, in fact it is so liberal that Romney cannot claim that it was his policies that caused any prosperity in MA during his tenure,

unless those were policies that the Democrats in Massachusetts allowed him to pursue.

In short, Romney only got things done in Massachusetts when he was acting like a Democrat.

Yes, and the question is for Romney supporters: is he going to be a liberal or a conservative as president? The man can't be trusted and it's obvious that he goes with the flow in order to get elected and then when in office, he can't deliver on his promises (if you can figure out what they are).

403721323.jpg

Forum List

Back