Romney gives up in two swing states

you do realize that GM DID go bankrupt? That that is the whole point of bankrupcy laws! To help a company restructure!

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps people need to stop relying on false promises and get back to work?

Nice dodge of the question; how not surprising. Anyway--back to the point.

If you're a worker in the auto industry, you're wanting that bailout; not the obviously fatal bankruptcy that the Governor recommended. If you're a pensioner, you certainly want that bailout. If you're one of the dealers across the nation, you wanted that bailout.

Which is why he is leaving Michigan.

They'll be pulling out of Wisconsin soon too. Thus giving your President a sweep of the GOP home states.

Suh-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

If bankrupcy is so fatal, how come GM still exist when they filed for bankrupcy back in 2009 exactly as Romney suggested they should? The only difference is the tax payers could have avoided having their tax money wasted prior to the bankrupcy.

"I believe that without his intervention things there would be better."

The auto industry workers disagree.

Your bitterness isn't going to change that. Sorry. Actually, no I'm not. I'm enjoying it.

Nice dodge of the question; how not surprising. Anyway--back to the point.

If you're a worker in the auto industry, you're wanting that bailout; not the obviously fatal bankruptcy that the Governor recommended. If you're a pensioner, you certainly want that bailout. If you're one of the dealers across the nation, you wanted that bailout.

Which is why he is leaving Michigan.

They'll be pulling out of Wisconsin soon too. Thus giving your President a sweep of the GOP home states.

Suh-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

If bankrupcy is so fatal, how come GM still exist when they filed for bankrupcy back in 2009 exactly as Romney suggested they should? The only difference is the tax payers could have avoided having their tax money wasted prior to the bankrupcy.

Your bitterness isn't going to change that. Sorry. Actually, no I'm not. I'm enjoying it.

In other words, you cant answer my question and instead are going to try to pretend to chanel auto workers you dont know and cant represent.

In other words, you cant answer my question and instead are going to try to pretend to chanel auto workers you dont know and cant represent.

If you would try your hand at some intellectual honesty--I know it's a new thing for a republican--you would know that what your'e talking about doesn't mean squat to many, if not most of the voters who are attached to the auto industry.

I asked you first by the way; if you're working for GM and you have to choose between the bailout and your company going bankrupt, what would you want to happen?

Try being honest for a change. And you'll understand why Romney is losing in Michigan, withdrawing from the state and beginning the descent into whatever awaits him after losing the election.

Here is what the Governor said:

Yes and those who are the labor and drawing the pensions are voters.

If you're an employee for GM and you are given a choice between your company going bankrupt and getting bailed out, what would you prefer happen?

I'm sure you'll say you'd want your company to go bankrupt, right?

So your pre-2009 GM stock is still worth something or you're an idiot that has no idea what reality actually is. Just so you are not confused it is the latter.

If you're working at GM you still have a job thanks to Mr. Obama.
If you're a pensioner for GM, you still have a pension thanks to Mr. Obama.
If you're dependent on the US Auto industry, you're thankful for the actions of Mr. Obama.

Michigan, as home to the auto industry, is voting for Mr. Obama.

Along with Ohio.

If you would try your hand at some intellectual honesty--I know it's a new thing for a republican--you would know that what your'e talking about doesn't mean squat to many, if not most of the voters who are attached to the auto industry.

I asked you first by the way; if you're working for GM and you have to choose between the bailout and your company going bankrupt, what would you want to happen?

Try being honest for a change. And you'll understand why Romney is losing in Michigan, withdrawing from the state and beginning the descent into whatever awaits him after losing the election.

The company DID go bankrupt. What the heck is difficult about understanding this?

And Romney isnt withdrawaling from the state.

How on earth can you ignore these facts and claim to be honest?

The company DID go bankrupt. What the heck is difficult about understanding this?

Okay; so the governor was lying when there was a government bail out then I guess.
My mistake.

Your inability to grasp the argument at hand is remarkable.

Last edited:
The Romney campaign and conservative groups like Crossroads GPS have pulled TV ads in Michigan, Romney’s home state, according to the Detroit News.

Nor are the campaign and super PACs running advertising in Pennsylvania, after unleashing a barrage there over the past five months.

Romney, GOP Groups Pull Ads From Michigan and Pennsylvania | TPM2012

I heard on the radio that (Crossroads or American's for Prosperity) needed to pull their ads because they reached their spending limit. One more ad and they would NEED TO IDENTIFY BY NAME THOSE WHO DONATED MONEY TO THEM.

So your pre-2009 GM stock is still worth something or you're an idiot that has no idea what reality actually is. Just so you are not confused it is the latter.

If you're working at GM you still have a job thanks to Mr. Obama.
If you're a pensioner for GM, you still have a pension thanks to Mr. Obama.
If you're dependent on the US Auto industry, you're thankful for the actions of Mr. Obama.

Michigan, as home to the auto industry, is voting for Mr. Obama.

Along with Ohio.

I think you're right.

Karl Rove did a great job in 04 getting the Amish to show up for Mr. Bush. He also had a lot of states putting red meat on the down ballot issues.

On November 2, 2004, voters in 34 states took action on a total of 162 ballot measures.

The most common measure offered to voters were same-sex marriage bans which appeared on eleven statewide ballots--in Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon and Utah. (All eleven passed).

They don't have a reason to go to the polls except to vote for Mr. Romney. They need a better reason.

The Romney campaign and conservative groups like Crossroads GPS have pulled TV ads in Michigan, Romney’s home state, according to the Detroit News.

Nor are the campaign and super PACs running advertising in Pennsylvania, after unleashing a barrage there over the past five months.

Romney, GOP Groups Pull Ads From Michigan and Pennsylvania | TPM2012

I heard on the radio that (Crossroads or American's for Prosperity) needed to pull their ads because they reached their spending limit. One more ad and they would NEED TO IDENTIFY BY NAME THOSE WHO DONATED MONEY TO THEM.

I didn't realize there was a limit...interesting.

How can a psychopath claim to be honest? :badgrin:

How can a psychopath claim to be honest? :badgrin:

I ask that same question ever time you make the claim, Klanny.

Forum List

Back