Romney gives up in two swing states

21_thb.png

The problem the left does not seem to see here is Obama only has a lead of + 2.4 in Michigan
which is by no means impossible to overcome and while Obama does have a good lead of +7.7 in Pennsylvania that poll has not been update since August 23rd.

I'm going with Nate Silver on this.

l8Zal.jpg
u691p.jpg

Last edited:
21_thb.png

The problem the left does not seem to see here is Obama only has a lead of + 2.4 in Michigan
which is by no means impossible to overcome and while Obama does have a good lead of +7.7 in Pennsylvania that poll has not been update since August 23rd.

+2.4 would completely be within the margin of error in any poll.

+7 I can't comment on without seeing the poll, knowing the methodology or the sampling.

We've seen in other polls how the sampling has absolutely skewered the poll to favor Obama.

This thread is bullshit eh?

No.

The writing on the wall is vivid; it's over for the Governor. Sixty days out and they're tossing in the towel already.

21_thb.png

they've obviously made an assessment, based on their internal polling, that their resources would not be wisely used in michigan.

Fair enough analysis as long as you concede that "TPM" is an unapologetic voice of left wing propaganda.

Well the thread title taken from TPM is wrong to begin with. Romney's not giving up whatsoever.

The real story is about the conservative super pacs.

From an excellent piece with fabulous analysis on this issue:

Conservative groups not spending money in Pennsylvania — or Michigan?
posted at 5:21 pm on September 6, 2012 by Allahpundit

And from the article:

. The Republicans met last week in Tampa, Fla., where deputy campaign director Katie Packer Gage told the Michigan delegation that Romney “will never pull out of Michigan.”

The whole article is worth the read.

Conservative groups not spending money in Pennsylvania — or Michigan? « Hot Air

21_thb.png

Romney lost Michigan when he said GM should have been euthanized (sp?). It's gone, get over it.

That seems unlikely because he never said that.

21_thb.png

I'm going with Nate Silver on this.

l8Zal.jpg
u691p.jpg

If Romney wins Florida and Ohio, along with Colorado and Iowa, and Obama wins Virginia, the president is re-elected with 270.

Romney’s heals are already on the edge of the EC cliff – he has no 'worst case.'

Romney needs to take Florida, Virginia, Iowa, and Ohio to win (272), or Virginia, Florida, Ohio, and Colorado (275).

Not going to happen.

21_thb.png

+7 I can't comment on without seeing the poll, knowing the methodology or the sampling.

We've seen in other polls how the sampling has absolutely skewered the poll to favor Obama.

No.

The writing on the wall is vivid; it's over for the Governor. Sixty days out and they're tossing in the towel already.

It's the super pacs moving their money around.

And by the way if you read the article I posted be prepared for out and out war. Romney has out raised Obama and the Superpacs have out raised D superpacs and they are about to cut loose big time with their cash.

And in July Obama spent more than he took in. The fight has just begun. His team is ready to carpet bomb with ad buys.

Senior Romney-Ryan campaign officials tell Fox News the campaign will launch an enormous media offensive on Friday, the day after President Obama accepts the Democratic Party’s nomination for a second term. The push will include ad buys in several states that will cost tens of millions of dollars…

Romney-Ryan officials did not repudiate such talk; indeed, one official, in speaking to Fox News, likened the offensive that will begin Thursday to the “daisy cutter” bombs used in the Iraq war.

21_thb.png

Romney lost Michigan when he said GM should have been euthanized (sp?). It's gone, get over it.

Here is what the Governor said:

A labor union that had contributed millions to Democrats and his election campaign was granted an ownership share of Chrysler and a major stake in GM, two flagships of the industry.The U.S. Department of Treasury — American taxpayers — was asked to become a majority stockholder of GM. And a politically connected and ethically challenged Obama-campaign contributor, the financier Steven Rattner, was asked to preside over all this as auto czar.

This was crony capitalism on a grand scale. The president tells us that without his intervention things in Detroit would be worse. I believe that without his intervention things there would be better.

My view at the time — and I set it out plainly in an op-ed in the New York Times — was that "the American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing." Instead of a bailout, I favored "managed bankruptcy" as the way forward.

Managed bankruptcy may sound like a death knell. But in fact, it is a way for a troubled company to restructure itself rapidly, entering and leaving the courtroom sometimes in weeks or months instead of years, and then returning to profitable operation.

In the case of Chrysler and GM, that was precisely what the companies needed. Both were saddled with an accumulation of labor, pension, and real estate costs that made them unsustainable. Health and retirement benefits alone amounted to an extra $2,000 baked into the price of every car they produced.

From The Detroit News: Romney op-ed: U.S. autos bailout 'was crony capitalism on a grand scale' | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

Yes and those who are the labor and drawing the pensions are voters.

If you're an employee for GM and you are given a choice between your company going bankrupt and getting bailed out, what would you prefer happen?

I'm sure you'll say you'd want your company to go bankrupt, right?

No.

It's the super pacs moving their money around.

And by the way if you read the article I posted be prepared for out and out war. Romney has out raised Obama and the Superpacs have out raised D superpacs and they are about to cut loose big time with their cash.

And in July Obama spent more than he took in. The fight has just begun. His team is ready to carpet bomb with ad buys.

Senior Romney-Ryan campaign officials tell Fox News the campaign will launch an enormous media offensive on Friday, the day after President Obama accepts the Democratic Party’s nomination for a second term. The push will include ad buys in several states that will cost tens of millions of dollars…

Romney-Ryan officials did not repudiate such talk; indeed, one official, in speaking to Fox News, likened the offensive that will begin Thursday to the “daisy cutter” bombs used in the Iraq war.

I wonder how much it costs to buy an election?

21_thb.png

they've obviously made an assessment, based on their internal polling, that their resources would not be wisely used in michigan.

I think the last republican to win PA was Bush 41 in 1988. It was crazy for them to think they would get a sniff there.

A labor union that had contributed millions to Democrats and his election campaign was granted an ownership share of Chrysler and a major stake in GM, two flagships of the industry.The U.S. Department of Treasury — American taxpayers — was asked to become a majority stockholder of GM. And a politically connected and ethically challenged Obama-campaign contributor, the financier Steven Rattner, was asked to preside over all this as auto czar.

This was crony capitalism on a grand scale. The president tells us that without his intervention things in Detroit would be worse. I believe that without his intervention things there would be better.

My view at the time — and I set it out plainly in an op-ed in the New York Times — was that "the American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing." Instead of a bailout, I favored "managed bankruptcy" as the way forward.

Managed bankruptcy may sound like a death knell. But in fact, it is a way for a troubled company to restructure itself rapidly, entering and leaving the courtroom sometimes in weeks or months instead of years, and then returning to profitable operation.

In the case of Chrysler and GM, that was precisely what the companies needed. Both were saddled with an accumulation of labor, pension, and real estate costs that made them unsustainable. Health and retirement benefits alone amounted to an extra $2,000 baked into the price of every car they produced.

From The Detroit News: Romney op-ed: U.S. autos bailout 'was crony capitalism on a grand scale' | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

If you're an employee for GM and you are given a choice between your company going bankrupt and getting bailed out, what would you prefer happen?

you do realize that GM DID go bankrupt? That that is the whole point of bankrupcy laws! To help a company restructure!

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps people need to stop relying on false promises and get back to work?

So your pre-2009 GM stock is still worth something or you're an idiot that has no idea what reality actually is. Just so you are not confused it is the latter.

you do realize that GM DID go bankrupt? That that is the whole point of bankrupcy laws! To help a company restructure!

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps people need to stop relying on false promises and get back to work?

Nice dodge of the question; how not surprising. Anyway--back to the point.

If you're a worker in the auto industry, you're wanting that bailout; not the obviously fatal bankruptcy that the Governor recommended. If you're a pensioner, you certainly want that bailout. If you're one of the dealers across the nation, you wanted that bailout.

Which is why he is leaving Michigan.

They'll be pulling out of Wisconsin soon too. Thus giving your President a sweep of the GOP home states.

Suh-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

21_thb.png

You people have no idea what you’re talking about the latest polls have it almost even in MI I think I know a little more about it than you. Romney is not pulling out anything some super packs maybe, Romney will win MI, if not it'll be very close here

If you're a worker in the auto industry, you're wanting that bailout; not the obviously fatal bankruptcy that the Governor recommended. If you're a pensioner, you certainly want that bailout. If you're one of the dealers across the nation, you wanted that bailout.

They'll be pulling out of Wisconsin soon too. Thus giving your President a sweep of the GOP home states.

By all means, go take a basic business course and stop embarrassing yourself.

If bankrupcy is so fatal, how come GM still exist when they filed for bankrupcy back in 2009 exactly as Romney suggested they should? The only difference is the tax payers could have avoided having their tax money wasted prior to the bankrupcy.

So your pre-2009 GM stock is still worth something or you're an idiot that has no idea what reality actually is. Just so you are not confused it is the latter.

If you're working at GM you still have a job thanks to Mr. Obama.
If you're a pensioner for GM, you still have a pension thanks to Mr. Obama.
If you're dependent on the US Auto industry, you're thankful for the actions of Mr. Obama.

Michigan, as home to the auto industry, is voting for Mr. Obama.

Oh and btw. if i run a company and we need to declare bankrupcy to reorganize, i may not like it, but you can bet im going to reorganize rather than let my company go under.

If you're working at GM you still have a job thanks to Mr. Obama.
If you're a pensioner for GM, you still have a pension thanks to Mr. Obama.
If you're dependent on the US Auto industry, you're thankful for the actions of Mr. Obama.

Michigan, as home to the auto industry, is voting for Mr. Obama.

That's cool that you can pull so many bullshit false premises out of your ass. What else can you store up there besides your head?

Forum List

Back